Tårnfalk Sølvpils Norrathian pet journal . (IMG HEAVY)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Tårnfalk Sølvpils Norrathian pet journal . (IMG HEAVY)

Unread post by Ana »

Was advised to move my pet guides to their own specific thread so I am doing that now :)

The game is EQ2 and I hope you enjoy the horrid graphic and Tårnfalks taming process.

I decided to do my own version of pet tames adventures. Today I went to the ruins and tamed a crab. The taming process itself is hard to capture on a screenshot as you have to get it to under 50 % health.

Anyway meet Scrapper. He is an Aquatic (Defensive) pet; that family consist of crocodiles and crabs. His model is called the sand covered crab. He seems to tuck his hind legs beneath him when "standing" still. His body is raised from the ground a bit i think. Totally out of topic but i need to find a less trampy look for Tårnfalk.. :shock: :lol:

His idle animations are very much like those of wows crabs. He moves his claws as if he was feeding himself.

Running animation is actually very hard to capture as your pet is a big way behind you when running.. so I had to run in circles. and even then i did not capture his run very well...All i can say that his body almost is still while his legs runs very fast. In fighting he seems to keep3 animations; claws in air, right claw swipe, left claw swipe (same as he use to imitate eating )

He is in the same "family" as crocodiles, and for some reason you can only keep one of every family. But you can just retame over again if you want another Aquatic pet. Its not a permanent choise

His buffs; all defensive animals has the same buff as he does

Conclusion; he is a very handsome crab, VERY big compared to wow crabs. He hold himself in combat well but i doubt that i keep him as my only Aquatic pet :).

Done with sunken city time to move on to the graveyard once the servers comes up again after maintaince.
Last edited by Ana on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Tårnfalk Sølvpils Norrathian pet journal . (IMG HEAVY)

Unread post by Ana »

Got a better outfit now

Bat (Offensive) - Bats have a family all for themselves! Sonar is a model called wandering bat; which is black/gray ish

Iddle animation is pretty much just his flapping wings

His body fur is black/grayish and his wings seams to have a tanish outerlinie; the flapping can go a bit wrong when he forgets how to bat...

Fighting animation; he flap his wing, and very rarely you can see him like reach his head forward and do a bite animation.. Very hard to capture

He is very tiny compared to the crab, but the wings bothers me ; he has the same buff as all Offensive pets have :

He wont be a permanent pet for Tårnfalk :)
Last edited by Ana on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

diseased rat from the Rodent (Offensive) family. The Family includes rats, armadillos, beavers, badgers.

I managed to get some screenies of the taming process.

I named him Scabbs

His idle animation is to scratch his face... looks pretty scary from the front

His really looks like he got scabies..

His fighting animation is just to bite.

While I adore rats; i think the scabies on his fur is a no go for me.. so once im done with graveyard he will be replaced.
Last edited by Ana on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Canine (Offensive) Family consist of Wolves & Hyenas - I tamed a Hyena; model carrion hound

This is the FIRST pet i felt an instant bond with.. Just look at his deerpy face. Meet Eddie (Could not name him Edd sadly so it was Eddie. Cudos if you get the name reference)

His idle animation is to simply bow his head down - the model is a bit outdated and Eddie looks like he is made of wood poor boy..

I would call his colors yellow spotted hyena. He is adorable; eventhough his model is soo old. The leg stance bothers me a bit as does his tree like structured skin

He fight like a dog would, barking and biting - the game really show its age.. this model needs update soo badly - in the last screenie he looks more like a warthog than a hyena.

Still I REALLY like a Hyena. Eddie will be with me for a while i think. I might try other wolves and hyenas to see if another model fits me better
Last edited by Ana on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Went to visit Everfrost, but apparently Eddie does not like getting wet in the cold water

No mom.. NO. Im NOT going in :lol:

So i decided to tame a polar bear.. seamed more suited for the weather. Bears has their own family; despite only having two looks in it and is a defensive pet.

The polar bear came prenamed Labann and I thought that was a nice enough name so I let him keep it.

The polar bears eyes are small and hardly noticeable.. like he is squinting. His idle animation is to move his head from side to side, and upwards where sniff with his nose.. sadly when he moves his head, his neck disappears and he becomes even more blocky.

His fight animation is to simply lash out with his paws (failed to capture that) and then bite. When he does a bite animation its like he becomes even more compact.

The polar bear freaks me out with its almost non existing eyes and weird neck goes into body animation so I went to get Eddie.. I build a shuttle to take him over the water (Its in game but in my rp mind i build it just for Eddie)

A Freeblood and her hyena

If you wondered what a Freeblood is, its basically a vampire who can move in sunlight.. She does not sparkle though so not like Twilight
Last edited by Ana on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Feline family (Offensive Warders) lions, tigers, panthers, leopards, sabertooths, and kitty cats.

Model icemane matriarch

I tamed a cub; but once tamed it grows into the same model as it mother

There is something wrong with this cat...I think its retarded...The idle animation is to turn its head and look like its being possesed!, and an empty stare into nothingness

Fight animation; swing with it paws, and jump into the air and do a bite animation.. seriously what is wrong with this cat :shock: :lol:

Defo NOT a keeper :P

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

:shock: Yes the cat does need help.......... :lol: :mrgreen:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I think it's cool to have this in its own thread. :) Good for people who might be looking for a game like this that don't want to/can't pay for WoW. Not gonna lie though, the graphics with some of these scare the bejeesus out of me. :lol: That cat is so possessed. :P

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

She is scary isn´t she :shock: !

Model Icemane patriarch tame :D

Named him Echeyakee

This model has the same idle animation as the female version; though to me is not nearly as bad as she is. I find him more derpy than possessed. The mane appears to be a part of his body and not like hair on a real lion :lol:

Yup defo not as crazy as the female

Fighting animations; paw swipes and a little jump.. not nearly as bad as the females "baboon" jump

Not sure if he is a keeper but he is not half bad considering his old model :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Relaxing at a campfire Eddie decided to stand in the actual fire.. Goofball.. :lol:

So while he gets his burns looked after I went and tamed a few other pets.

First off a Crocodile. of the Aquatic (Defensive) family. This model is just called a Crocodile

I named him Boots.

The crocodiles are one of the newer models and its actually truly nice to look at. I would call Boots colors for greyish. It has hardly any idle animation, just to swing its tail every so slightly.

Combat animation; tail swing, open mouth, and a forward launch attack where he lifts his upper body and two legs up from the ground.

The Crocodile is a real nice model; though i dont know if ill keep the gray one. I decide later on once i tried all the colors :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Avian family; consist of hawks, vulrich, falcons & ducks. Offensive Warders

Model Vulrich

Could not name him Trigger for some reason, so I named him Nutsy (again cookies if you get the reference)

Nutsy is a stunning bird. His feathers glow, the screenies does not do them justice. He hardly has any idle animation, just a little swaying from side to side. He is apparently wingless.

His fight animation is to bite. He stretches his neck out to reach the enemy. And in combat he often is a few feet off the ground.

He is also a goofball. To get to his target he climbs over everything.. including your mount. He casually just walks over you, your mount, a tree, an invisible mounting and then casually walks and stands on the ground

He is a really nice pet with a lot of personality. Though the Avian family is soo huge.. i doubt he be the one i choose.. but who knows. Sucks to only be able to have one from each family.
Last edited by Ana on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

After a couple of nice graphic tames I stumbled across an infected deer. From the Bovid family; which consist ofdeer, cows, sheep and camels. Defensive Warders.

She was pretty small when I tamed her, but she grew a bit after tame ended.

Idle animation is simply to lift her legs up a bit; like she is points. Her ears flaps a bit too. The skin texture really shows its age; looks more like wood than infected skin...Even her eyes looks like they are made out of wood. No pupil

Fighting animation; she does a little hop with all four legs (i really tried to capture that), or she rears up and hit the enemy with her front legs. Had my mouse cursor over her which made her turn blueish.

The bovid family is really big so this lady is not a keeper. To old a model :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

What.. first you complain that I walk around in the air.. now you complain that I am more grounded.. make up your mind woman :lol: - Nutsy is.. nuts :lol:

Armadillo - Rodent family, (Offensive warders)

I named him Tonk

His only idle animation is to shake his head very rare. I failed to capture it. His colors are a greeinsih hue depending on which light you view him in. He is not an older model, and in general a nice little pet to look at.

He is a very still pet ... until he is fighting. He rolls himself up into a ball and does attacks while hurling through the air. He also sticks his tongue out like an anteater but man that is hard to capture. The armadillo model only come in that one color but the light can trick you into think that he changes colors. I let him fight another armadillo to illustrate the light change to the color - the small one is the one i have tamed

Tonk is a very neat pet. The rodent family have a lot more to offer though so he wont be my permanent pet.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

That deer is one of the most terrifying things I have ever seen. :lol:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh for me it is still the snow cat!!

Rodent family - model Rat, Offensive warder

Taming a normal rat :)

Wanted to name him Stewart like Stewart little but it did not fit him so instead I went with Steve.

I got the shrink warder spell now so he can be super tiny!

I had actually expected to see his idle animation the same as the other rat but I have yet to see him do any face scratching.. He just swing his whittle tail from side to side. I would call Steve a brown rat. His fur is actually really detailed for this game. His tail, paws and nose are a lighter shade. His eyes are black without any pupil. his teeth seams to grow from his underlip :lol:

Fighting animation is the same as the other rat. Biting :)

I think Steve would be an awesome pet. He dont take up the screen and if there i PvP (I seriously got no idea as i never play that stuff) he would be hard to spot. He is a very good choise for a pet. But I have my heart set on another rodent for my permanent Rodent pet so he wont be Tårnfalks permanent pet.. unless the one I have set my heart on fails.. Wont know until much much later :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I just had too..

Family Reptile (Offensive warders) Consist of chokidai & lizards. Model monitor lizard.

Meet Bogs (Yeah I am a genuis) Normal size first shot, shrunken warder the second. I prefer Bogs big! :D

This model to me is stunning. His skin is a buttercup (fr color wise) with maize markings down his scales. He has some sharp teeth and a red tongue. The only idle animation he does is to flick his tongue.

Fighting animation consist of biting (had him shrunken for better screenies)

I LOVE lizards and Tårnfalk WILL have a lizard as her permanent pet. Not sure which color yet.. that is yet to be determined :D

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

So fun looking at all your tames! Makes me want to go dig my poor, neglected beastlord out. I've actually forgotten most of what her pets are. And yes, the cats. Oh lord, why??? They would be decent looking if they were so....deranged XD I have a sabercat that's a cat not the ...um...other special thing the other sabers are? It's from that annoying desert city with all the stairs. Anyway. The sabercats aren't quite as terrifying.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I really enjoy playing this game. Tårnfalk is only lvl 12 :D I had in my mind set which pets I would end up as permanent pet but I´ve been surprised about the Hyena and the Vulrich. Both such characters :D

Model Deer, Bovid family (Defense warders)

Meet Jane. She is much much nicer than her woody infected relative.

Jane Doe is a light brown with black eyes and nose. Her idle animation is just to flick her ears. My husband thinks she looks more like a sheep than a deer :D

Oddly enough her fighting animation is NOT the same as her infected relative. She only move one of her hindlegs back and then bite.

Jane is a very nice little pet, and i adore her pun name. Not a bad choise for a bovine pet. Though knowing what the options are out there i doubt that she be Tårnfalks bovine pet :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Model Antonican Stag - Bovine family, Defensive warder

Thought I might as well do the male version too. He was in a sha (not called that in EQ2) effected grp

Once tamed he looses his shadow buff and shrinks. I named him John :lol:

John Deer ( :mrgreen: :lol: snort) has the same coloring as Jane doe, though I would say he is a tad darker brown.. though it might have been the darker evening light which makes him look darker. He got black antlers, nose and eyes

His fighting animation is also to put one hind leg behind him, but due to him being a stag he also fight with his antlers. The greenish buff on him is the mob casting a debuff on him

I like this stag model, though he is very tiny.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

While i loved the way the monitor version of Bogs looked i decided to let him join his wild family

And instead i headed to tame another version of him. Model Lizard -Blue
Bogs kept his name 8-) The blue lizard is also a very nice version of the lizard model. And in contrary to the monitor lizard this version dont seam to have a maize pattern to his scales; though when you look at his belly and his feets it seams that the pattern has migrated there instead of to his sides. His eyes are green.

Fighting animation is just to bite :)

This version is perfect for the beastlord looking to run around with Eq2´s version of this :)
Last edited by Ana on Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.