30%

Total votes: 10

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Pokemon Sun & Moon

Unread post by Takanuka »

Let us help each other catch all the pokemon and help each other here get through the game when we need it.

Add friend codes if you interested in trading, I got all 721 and soon will get the other 80 (yes I know the sad amount) other pokemon including the Ultra Beasts. I will be getting Pokémon Moon so I will be looking for the other ultra beasts like the Buzzwole and Kartana!

Ask if you want any trading done to get the pokemon and I will post my friend code.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Pokemon Sun & Moon

Unread post by Falcon »

I'm getting both, but I'll be playing through Sun first in order to get things prepared for when the Bank upgrade should be out next January. :)
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Add your friend codes if you are interested in trading :D? And maybe work on getting all 3 starters at the get go if you don't have anyone already able to do that with you xD.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Awww yeah. I'm going to be one of those people who will stay up late for the release even though I work tomorrow and I'm sick... Because I hate myself. :'D

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

If you are sick, take off tomorrow since you are "sick" and enjoy Sun or Moon :P.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm getting Moon! :D It's been so long since I played a game, I'm really looking forward to it though. I also forget how the pokemon bank worked...was it a free trial or something when it first came out and now you have to pay to use it..? I'm very out of the loop. x_x
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Veph, the Pokebank cost $5/year, so it's a pretty small cost.

I am getting both games tonight (5.5hrs!!!! to go!!!) Going to be up all night playing XD

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Veph, unfortunately, the upgrade that'll make Pokemon Bank compatible with Sun and Moon won't be coming out till next January, which I'm pretty angry about. I really wanted to play Moon first and not Sun, but I absolutely refuse to touch Moon until I can have my shiny Vulpix (not Alolan) with me. :/ Still, it'll be nice to prepare, because I plan on breeding for a female shiny Cubone to have in Moon next year, because shiny Alolan Marowak is amazing looking.

I ended up getting the Sun and Moon themed 3DS because my old one was beginning to die on me (froze at random times, took forever to turn on) so it was the perfect time to retire my old 3DS. I did a data transfer between systems, so my 3DS friend code remains the same. Here's my friend code:

Falcon: 1848 - 2721 - 8042
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

*cough* yes, that is all.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I am Kraator and my Friend Code is "3437 - 3048 - 5054" if you got a second buzzwole, the mosquito on steroids Ultra Beast lemme know I can trade a Pheramosa for a Buzzwole. Or I can trade a Celesteela for the Kartana :-D. Thank you for your time. And I am interested in other trades since theres other exclusives.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

http://pokemongohub.net/get-secret-cosm ... -sun-moon/

In case you guys need to know where to get a cosmog :-P.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

And ooooo just traded a Drampa, easy to find pokemon on my version for a Kartana Ultra Beast :o in Chinese.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've been playing almost nonstop since I picked up my copy of Moon, and I have to say, this might just be one of my favourite pokemon games yet. :) I absolutely love it! It feels fun and refreshing and honestly all of the little quality of life improvements they've made have been wonderful.

While I don't doubt there will be people complaining that they've made the game too "easy", I am so thankful for things like no longer requiring HMs/HM slaves, having a good minimap, having a marker on the map for where you need to go next (I can't tell you how many times I've put down pokemon games only to return to them and forget what I was doing), and especially being able to see what moves are effective against pokemon once you've already encountered them.

Alola is a gorgeous region with beautiful areas and lovely music, and even though the difficulty is starting to go up a bit now that I'm on the 3rd island, I'm enjoying myself so much! I really like Hau and Lillie and all of the NPCs so far, and the dialogue and writing feels much more natural than some previous games. I'm so glad they kept the idea of Pokemon Refresh too, being able to interact with and groom our pokemon is a nice touch and the affection levels make for such a nice bonding experience.

Salandit is my favourite pokemon in years, I absolutely love it! <33 And there's so many great ones from this gen. :)
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Anyone far enough in Sun version to get me a Vulpix? >.> I neeeed one for my team.

{Flight Rising}

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

I don't think I've been so excited about so many new 'mons in a long time. I don't have room for 2 set teams of 6 within my two games for all the new ones and new forms I want.

I do have a few gripes: I wish that Alolan Marowak wasn't so useless. It barely has any STAB moves, and its Ghost-Type replacement for Bonemerang requires a move reminder to learn, due to it learning 1 level before evolution. Frustrating to say the least, especially since that was such an excitement for me on announce.

I've found myself actually struggling to beat some of these Trials/Totems. Which is refreshing. I'm not sure if the level progression is better suited, or if I'm used to doing dream-team runs with bred and traded (thus extra exp) 'mons, but I'm almost struggling to keep my team alive. I'll definitely have to do some extra training as I continue through the story.

The Ultra Beasts are WEIRD, and I LOVE IT! I just encountered the first one, so I'm going to try to not spoil much, but also in discussing them, please try to avoid spoiling passed that point as well. They very much remind me of Deoxys. The whole "other dimension/world" thing is giving me similar vibes to the outer-space alien that is Deoxys. It definitely blurs the line as to what is a pokemon. The game discusses hunting tactics of other pokemon towards their prey pokemon, which then begs the question: do humans "eat" pokemon? There's meat in the Anime, iirc, and despite early games mentioning real-world continents, countries and animals (thinking of the haunters swarming elephants in Africa), there's been very little mention of non-mon creatures since. Are humans in the game an advanced pokemon? Are they other-worldly? Obvious there are some hints about the creation and lore of the pokemon universe, but if there are extra-dimensional and extraterrestrial creatures that we capture and use like pokemon, but obviously are not "pokemon" in respects to earth, then where does the line blur, and are all pokemon essentially animals? How did grass pokemon come about, while we have very obviously non-pokemon plants?

Sorry for the rambling rant, just a lot of stuff that I'm curious about now that the game has released! :mrgreen:

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Aleu wrote:Anyone far enough in Sun version to get me a Vulpix? >.> I neeeed one for my team.
Not yet, but I may be shortly. Have you looked at the GTS though? I can imagine there are a lot of dumb requests up right now, but you may be able to find one for a starter or put a freshly hatched starter up for one?

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Gimlion wrote:
Aleu wrote:Anyone far enough in Sun version to get me a Vulpix? >.> I neeeed one for my team.
Not yet, but I may be shortly. Have you looked at the GTS though? I can imagine there are a lot of dumb requests up right now, but you may be able to find one for a starter or put a freshly hatched starter up for one?
I would except I actually want to nickname mine. :'D I suppose I could get one to breed.

{Flight Rising}

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Gimlion wrote:I do have a few gripes: I wish that Alolan Marowak wasn't so useless. It barely has any STAB moves, and its Ghost-Type replacement for Bonemerang requires a move reminder to learn, due to it learning 1 level before evolution. Frustrating to say the least, especially since that was such an excitement for me on announce.
What's the nature on yours? Both variants of Marowak have access to a diverse range of type-based moves from TMs. I love mine and, currently, she has Bone Club, Smack Down, Flame Charge and Brick Break, but I'm still experimenting. I'm also bummed about Shadow Bone needing to be taught via Move Reminder because I hate fishing in Pokemon games. I'm not any good at it. >_>

Alolan Persian was a huge surprise for me. I hated it when it was first revealed, but grew used to it and even started to like it. I've had mine since I caught her back in Hau'oli City as an Alolan Meowth and she's been so useful. :)
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Looking for a Buzzwole please, willing to trade anything for it. Give me the top 5 Pokemon within the game of sun and moon since we cant trade over the other ones til jan. 1st.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I can breed a vulpix and some other sun exclusives, I just need help with some of the other pokemon like Buzzwole and Jangmo-o.