Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

Unread post by Vephriel »

⏩Link to Steam Page
Yonder is set on the vast island of Gemea, a lush frontier with eight distinct environments ranging from tropical beaches to snow-capped summits. Each location has its own flora and fauna, along with changing seasons and a day-night cycle. Gemea, once a paradise, still maintains the appearance of one, yet an evil murk has enshrouded the land and its people in despair.

As the hero you will explore Gemea, uncovering the islands secrets and the mysteries within yourself as you embark on a journey of self-discovery. On a quest to become the island’s champion, you join forces with Sprites, creatures who are the only thing capable of dispersing the murk, to save Gemea and its people.
The towns of Gemea are filled with kind-hearted residents who have faced many difficulties since the murk arrived. By contributing to the island through farming, crafting, cooking, fishing and brewing, relationships can be built with the locals, who offer everything from resources to a new farm as rewards.
I haven't seen anyone talk about this game over here and I feel like it might interest some of you! I recently got this game Yonder and it's just....so cute, and charming. I'd describe it as a fusion between Breath of the Wild and Animal Crossing/Stardew Valley. It's an open world single-player game with no combat, lots of exploration, and a very nice art style. It seems like there's a main questline you can follow, but most of the fun is just running around exploring, finding hidden things, doing side quests, making your own farm to grow things, and you can even tame beasts (in a sense!). I've only played for a couple hours so I don't have info on everything yet, but I can say once you get your farm you can put in a stable for animals and go tame them from the world, and once they're in your farm you have an option to have them come along with you on your adventures, so it's like having a pet! :)

I love fishing in this game, I've already spent over an hour doing that (and trying to catch all the different types of fish, like in Animal Crossing) and gathering materials, and exploring. It's very relaxing and nice to lose yourself in. I'm not the best at describing games and I'm not far enough into it yet to give a full summary but, I'm sure it would appeal to a lot of you!

Last edited by Vephriel on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

Unread post by Ana »

It looks adorable!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Looks neat. Might wait for the next steam sale to get it.