Lioden - Breeding and SIM game

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: Lioden - Breeding and SIM game

Unread post by Varethyn »

Yeah some of the interactions are brilliant. I wish they were more common cos there are some gems in there. And to note if anyone's curious/unsure - all personalities do is increase the mood of lionesses with the same personality type and lower the mood of those with opposite (good vs evil, kind vs snarky. Neutral is, well, neutral). Basically it means if you have more of one type than its opposite then you need to spend more time making them happy.
There are 2 exceptions. Nurturing lionesses can care for a 6th cub when set as a broodmother.
The other is the king, who gains a bonus depending on which personality he has. For instance Aarlek is Confident (Kind) which gives him an extra 1% impression when claiming lionesses.

Glad you're enjoying it Novi :) It's certainly a nice twist on other breeding sims.

---
Aisha and Chestnut grew up today
ImageImage

Two cubs from the Giving Tree I'm undecided on. The first one is kind and the other neutral. Neither are particularly special and have low stats. If you're interested let me know!
ImageImage

Two very pretty but otherwise not overly special NCLs I'm also undecided on. The first one has albinoid eyes and both have over 100 stats. Same again, if you're interested give me a shout.
ImageImage

I'm not sure what I'd do if/when I get a Primal MoD (currently refusing to spend real money just yet). Both Aarlek and Diablion look great with it but I might hold on in case I get a better male to replace Aarlek with.
ImageImage

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I won't lie, I am tempted to try and get the primal for my boy. I mean, even for an pure black lion, he does look quite nice. Still I'm not sure if I really want to try to grind the leather beetles or spend actual money on more gold beetles. I don't seem to get the leather beetles as fast as I got the stink bugs though. Won't lie though, my sub male looks amazing as a primal.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Everything looks better as a primal. I think I'm gonna hold out and try to get one with event currency. Until it gets near the end and my luck hasn't been good and I get desperate and spend RL money. That's pretty much how it will work >.<

But, yeah, I wish the interactions were more common too! I've taking to copypasting them into the lion's bios so I can sort of build a personality for them :D
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I have a primal cub I got for Christmas. He's neat. What's the best way to share pictures?

I also don't know how to access the unlocked event places? How do you do that?
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Luckyyyy. All I got for Christmas was poop.

Screenshot the page and crop the image, then host it somewhere or upload it as an attachment to your post. And the event stuff you find by clicking on your event currency in the top-right.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I got stupidly lucky I think. One MoD for primal cost me only 30GB. The second 45GB. Even at 45 it was still 10GB cheaper then every other primal MoD on the trades. So bye bye WoW money, hello basass primal boys.
So Rakes cub came out today with one uncommon color. I probably will send her away. I don't really want to keep her since I've other ladies who look better.

What stats (if any) should I be looking for?
Claimed a wild female today in Rake's pride with 31 stats. Her strength is at 8 @ level 1. None of my other females had this high of stat at level 1.

Edit: Mutha puss buckets! Nothing like f-ing newb screw ups. I guess that's one way to learn to PAY ATTENTION TO WHICH LION YOU'RE CHASING OFF! I just chased off my tutorial lioness from Zouchin's pride who was not only pregnant with his post customization cubs but she had amazing colors & what I felt was excellent stats. She was also a "kind" personality. Damnit. :cry:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Ok, decided to maybe jump on this? I'm kinda confused by all the info on the lion's page tho! Phew! I guess my ID is #135410

My male is pretty cool looking tho. Guess I need a new image hosting site tho, photobucket is pretty crappy anymore...*eyes imgur* Guess that'll work heh. Show's how often I even do image uploading anymore.

There we go.

I guess he's a loner? I'm really not sure lol, still figuring out all the stuff on the page.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

@MaximumOverdrive

Welcome! Your king is quite handsome. Nice markings and color. Let me know if I can help. I probably have extra lionesses.

Imgur is good for hosting. I use postimage cause it has limited album capabilities, which is better than none. Sort of.

Also, so, I'm able to post images on here without hosting them? The only thing I have to host is for signature image. Maybe there is something I'm missing here? Are my images not visible to others or something?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Zed - Urgh I'm sorry to hear you accidentally sent away the wrong lioness. There is an option at the bottom of a lion's page that allows you to secure them and prevent things like that from happening in future. You can also unsecure them if you decide you're no longer happy with them.

Regarding stats, as far as I've seen there's nothing particular to focus on. Different enemies in Explore rely on certain stats which determines who attacks first but it's impossible to tailor for just one. It's best to have a generally high stats rating as this determines attacks on other players. Stats do nothing for lionesses as far as I can tell beyond affecting the stats of cubs, which is something to look out for when breeding for a new king.

Max - Welcome! I hope you enjoy it. It is extremely confusing to start out with, especially with everything being on the same page, but you get a feel for it as you go along :)

I've personally been using PostImage for hosting as I've had issue with both Photobucket and Imgur previously. Teigan, we can see your images just fine! Uploading images as attachments works just as well. I tend not to myself as I feel the attachment box can make the post spammier than it needs to be depending on how many attachments there are. I did say in my last post that it is an option but I don't think I worded it right x) It certainly saves time!

---
Diablion grew up today and hnnng even though he doesn't have many/hugely noticeable markings I think he's absolutely handsome

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I've actually been coming across a lot of evil lionesses with rather nice markings. One of the ladies I found apparently has an increased chance of mutation due to a lost litter to a root. Also bought some high stat cubs with good markings. Hopefully I can produce an heir in the next few litters.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Boy claiming lionesses isn't easy heh. I finally got 3 now, plus 2 cubs from the giving tree.

Tortuga

Sonya

Sasha

Rondo (my only other male right now)

Cindi

Exploring is kinda fun in the game, tho I'm pretty bad at fights. Just sticking to the level 1 area right now (tho Rozco is level 2 now). Lot of stuff to still look at tho.
zedxrgal

MaximumOverdrive - I sent you a friend request! I have a NCL (newly claimed lioness) I can send you. I somehow was able to claim her with only one green text. :shock: But she's yours if you want her.
This helped me A LOT when trying to claim new females. It's not 100% but it really did help A LOT getting zone 1 females
Snarky and Evil lionesses prefer actions with the paws next to them, such as "Snarl" and "Growl", whereas Kind lionesses prefer actions with the lion's face and hearts next to them, such as "Manly Roar" and "Purr".

Make sure you have a subordinate male slot BEFORE your male cub grows up at 2 yrs old. I didn't do this & just had my male cub I wanted to keep (even though he had an evil personality, go figure) run off. I could yes call him back but it will cost me 500SB (silver beetles) for the slot & another 200SB to call him back. I just don't have that much. I'm not willing to really sell anything, because I need it, to get enough SB's either.
As soon as I hit level 2 on my king I went to the 2-5 zone. Seemingly the females get better the higher the zone and impression. I'm a noob too but will help any way I can.

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

zedxrgal wrote:MaximumOverdrive - I sent you a friend request! I have a NCL (newly claimed lioness) I can send you. I somehow was able to claim her with only one green text. :shock: But she's yours if you want her.
This helped me A LOT when trying to claim new females. It's not 100% but it really did help A LOT getting zone 1 females
Snarky and Evil lionesses prefer actions with the paws next to them, such as "Snarl" and "Growl", whereas Kind lionesses prefer actions with the lion's face and hearts next to them, such as "Manly Roar" and "Purr".

Make sure you have a subordinate male slot BEFORE your male cub grows up at 2 yrs old. I didn't do this & just had my male cub I wanted to keep (even though he had an evil personality, go figure) run off. I could yes call him back but it will cost me 500SB (silver beetles) for the slot & another 200SB to call him back. I just don't have that much. I'm not willing to really sell anything, because I need it, to get enough SB's either.
As soon as I hit level 2 on my king I went to the 2-5 zone. Seemingly the females get better the higher the zone and impression. I'm a noob too but will help any way I can.
Thanks for the tips!

Uh, how do you get a subordinate male then? I haven't seen any yet.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Sub males are simple to get - Just obtain a male cub in whatever way. You need to then click on the (+) next to Male Slots on your Den profile.
Each slot gets more expensive the more you buy but it's worth having multiple subs for the Patrol feature. Send a sub off to patrol for 15 minutes per hour and he'll have a chance to gain stats and sometimes food or toys. Patrolling subs can also bring along male adolescents for cub training. The higher the training level (beyond 75%) when they become adults will also give them extra stats.

Hope that makes sense!

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ah I see that now! 500 silver beetles, man so expensive to get the first one!
zedxrgal

How does one send a NCL to another player? Trades or? I'd really hate to chase off this female but I can't keep her.
Base Zarafshan (Marbled Skin)
Genetics Golden Dark Solid Common
Eyes Amber
Mane Type Thick
Mane Color Dark Golden
Mutation None
Slot 3: Classic Cream Front (73%)
Slot 8: Brown Face (89%)
Personality Friendly (Neutral)
Fertility Low

Please let me know asap.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Zed - When you view another player's den you'll see a present icon in the Player box, under their king's, with "Send A Gift!" next to it. Click on that and it'll take you to the Transfers page. Enter the player's ID then scroll down a little and you'll see Transfer Lions. Choose the lion(s) in question and hit Transfer at the bottom. You can also get to that page through the Trading Centre in the Crossroads.

I just had a look and seems you've already gotten rid of her. Time zones suck.

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Curious question, how do you protect a cub? Having a hard time figuring that out...
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Select any lioness and scroll down until you find a big box titled "Broodmother" and with a bunch of text in it. There should be a button marked "Become Broodmother". If there isn't she's probably hunting or part of a hunting party - lionesses can't hunt and be broodmothers at the same time. When she is a broodmother the box will change to have an area that will list any cubs being protected and underneath that a drop-down list of cubs that need protecting. All lionesses can protect a maximum of 5 cubs at any time except for Nurturing (Good) who can protect 6.

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Varethyn wrote:Select any lioness and scroll down until you find a big box titled "Broodmother" and with a bunch of text in it. There should be a button marked "Become Broodmother". If there isn't she's probably hunting or part of a hunting party - lionesses can't hunt and be broodmothers at the same time. When she is a broodmother the box will change to have an area that will list any cubs being protected and underneath that a drop-down list of cubs that need protecting. All lionesses can protect a maximum of 5 cubs at any time except for Nurturing (Good) who can protect 6.
Ah hahaha, thanks!

Got this guy from the giving tree...that thing is pretty neat.