Lioden - Breeding and SIM game

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Lioden - Breeding and SIM game

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Having finally reached impressive status, I'm starting to see a few rare lionesses in the wild, from chased ones with pretty markings to ones with glass and even albinoid eyes... but, despite being impressive, apparently I'm still not man enough for them ;_; Four! Four in a row that were so beautiful, and four in a row that decided to swat my face. Not even a shiny scar as a trophy. Sigh.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I made it to dreamboat and it seems like they like me even less. *sigh* The ladies can be so picky!
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I signed up! I'm Zedxrgal on there too. It's a little confusing starting out even with the lemur's help.
I'm on my tablet & can't seem to share my cats. My guy is pretty normal. He has a "arrogant" personality. To me he looks rust colored. I have a normal tawny female. I got a freebie cub. Also looks normal to me.
Thought I'd give it a shot since I've been getting bored with FR.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I've... actually noticed that. I made it to Dreamboat status (Yay I can finally try to impress the raffle lioness), but I seem to be having more trouble finding and picking up hookers other lionesses. I'm not in desperate need of them, but I like to have multiple hunting parties and my boy's gotta spread... uh.. his genes. ;D

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

zedxrgal wrote:I signed up! I'm Zedxrgal on there too. It's a little confusing starting out even with the lemur's help.
I'm on my tablet & can't seem to share my cats. My guy is pretty normal. He has a "arrogant" personality. To me he looks rust colored. I have a normal tawny female. I got a freebie cub. Also looks normal to me.
Thought I'd give it a shot since I've been getting bored with FR.
Welcome :) It's pretty slow to start up but once you're familiar with things it starts getting fun. It's not as shareable as FR is, and speaking of sharing there sadly doesn't appear to be a way to link to or copy/paste the images. You need to take the long way around by taking a screenshot of the lion and hosting it somewhere (and if you're like me take that extra step to link the pic to the lion's page xD). I think it's because of how the image is generated as it seems to load the individual layers of the lion rather than be a flat image.

"Normal"-looking lions are going to be quite common to start out with unless you get particularly lucky at the Giving Tree. As your impression stat goes up the more likely you are to find nicer lionesses during Explore as Kirra mentioned. Otherwise hoard those silver beetles and hope you find something nice at the Trade Centre. We're also happy to share our cubs and "services" with you. Deciding what is best for breeding is largely your choice since lions will eventually die, so you can't have a permanent dream breeding pair like on FR but hopefully you'll find something you like. I'm just breeding for stats right now myself and if the cubs end up pretty then all the better! The most exciting thing to -eventually- breed for are non-lethally mutated lions, or muties, but that takes some special occurrences.

I don't seem able to find you in the Search so feel free to toss up a friend request :) And if you have questions feel free to ask!

---
I found out that you can increase your impression beyond Dreamboat! ...except not really x) If you continue to get impression beyond Dreamboat you gain stats. Pretty neat! And uh, I've been ignoring lone lionesses because I still don't know where I'm going in terms of breeding xD (And may or may not have forgotten about the markings/chased bit...)
In other news Sindala became an adolescent and Tika is fully matured.
ImageImage

Kirana and Kiyori successfully gave birth to two cubs each, all female. I love how both of Kirana's have albino fur. If only Kiyori's were so they'd have the eyes to go with. At least one of them got glass eyes. (Ignore the names I gave the albino ones. I wanted the parents to be broodmother to their own cubs and needed a way to tell the difference but then dumped all four on Kirana anyway x) )
ImageImage
ImageImage

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

zedxrgal

Ok. Um. I may have paid real $ to "customize" my male. It didn't occur to me that I may have wasted money till after I'd completed it. Will the changes made transfer to the Cubs??? I looked everywhere but couldn't find it.
I also can't find how to share my den. Do I just copy the link in the browser?

Edit:
Ok so this is my den #135087 I think I can be found by that?

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Hrm hard to say as I imagine you bred with your female when the tutorial prompted you to and then customised him after. I'm going to assume that they won't affect the first cubs but they will affect consequent breedings. And yes copy the browser address of your den but be sure to put your ID at the end, otherwise it leads back to the den of whoever clicks on it. Eg where the address is https://www.lioden.com/territory.php, you want https://www.lioden.com/territory.php?id=135087 in your case. Likewise mine is https://www.lioden.com/territory.php?id=133411.

Also I think you pulled a me and put a different name in each username box, which explains why I couldn't find you xD

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Welcome! And, no, not wasted, imo. Your king's appearance is the only thing you can really keep. All lions die, even your king. But,when choosing an heir, you can choose to keep your current king's appearance. And the markings should pass, but like Varethyn said, if your girl was pregnant before you customized him, that litter will be from the "old" king. Finding some ladies who are in heat should be easy enough. I have spares if you'd like. They're just plain wild lionesses, but, they'd work. I'm not an expert on breeding, obviously. I think opacities will vary from cub to cub. So they won't be carbon copies. I'm aiming to find out myself, since I customized my king and impregnated a lot of lionesses!
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

https://www.lioden.com/cave.php?id=59391

I've got three female and one male cubbies for anyone wants them? (The unnamed ones) They're not really anything amazing stat, but they'd be good for hunters once they get older.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

zedxrgal

Ok so I think I'm getting it. I do have two accounts now though I am not really sure why. The second account I actually customized him before breeding him during the tutorial. I'll be curious to see what cubs he throws.
Here is my lions on my main account (#135087)
This is Rake (after customization)
He was just a normal kitty before.

This is Sirava my tutorial claimed female

Behuna another wild claimed female & my one and only hunter for the pride.

This is Mongress. Female cub from the giving tree

Here's the lions from my second account (#135120)
Zouchin

Tutorial female I named Shreeva

And young Varga from the gifting tree

Massive note to self. Don't have lionesses w/too much alike names. Makes it really hard to remember who's who. Oddly Shreeva (2nd acct) looks a lot darker colored to me then my other tutorial lionesses. With luck the next set of cubs from Rake will be really pretty. Especially when Mongress is ready to mate.

I know there is a way to freeze females but can you freeze a king??? I searched all over for that also & saw nothing. I tried to send a friend request or two. Not sure they worked. Thank you all for the help.

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Just an important note on King and appearance: The appearance (base, markings, mane, etc.) can be transfered to an heir, with the exception of mutation! Let's say your King is double tailed, but your heir not. The new King will have every details of your old, except this double tail. That for any mutation, be it primal, piebald, melanism or else.

You can't freeze a King, but the recent patch make that once your new heir crowned, the old King stay a bit in your pride as grandpaw. I dont know if the grandpaw can be frozen. There's only one slot of grandpaw, and technically the new king is supposed to take the place once he's old too. I don't know
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I´ve decided that Lionden is not for me.. I dont like that lions can be evil and have diabolic features.. so all lions on my main account and secondary account are up for grabs.. I will not feed them so grab what you want/need both from hoard and lions. I dont know what is valuable so if you stumble across something which makes you really rich in game throw me some gems on flight rising.

Main cave - 408 silver beetles:

https://www.lioden.com/cave.php?id=59002

secondary cave - 264 silver beetles:
https://www.lioden.com/cave.php?id=59087

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

I suspect the boneyard offers are based on level or something? I've yet to see any good (in my opinion) or needed offers. Certainly not a primal. :lol: If it is based on level it should really be noted somewhere so noobs like me don't get excited for nothing.

Sorry to see you go Tarn.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

You are welcome to any of the remaining lions in my den.. else they just starve :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I'm sorry you're not enjoying it Tarn. Though, can't you just avoid keeping evil or demonic-looking lions?

Zed, the event "shops" all have three tiers to them affected by how much activity happens during the event. However they are not dependent on personal level and the Primal MoD (Mutie on Demand) can be found at any point by digging or donating. It's just rare I expect x) It's, uh, also quite expensive at 201 LB (leather beetles - the January-specific currency. Each month has its own event with respective currencies) so you might prefer to spend your energy in Explore before you get copped out. If you haven't already, I recommend checking out the Lioden wiki.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I can avoid them yes.. but I rather not play this particular game :D

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I think boneyard offers are 'random' but with rare things having a really really low chance of showing up compared to the more common things. Like, less than one percent every time you dig/donate skulls.
I've heard rumor going around that donating skulls ups your chances of getting MoD/Lion Meat/etc, and it's how I got my MoD to pop up, but there isn't any conclusive proof of it yet.

Now if only there was an easier way to get leather beetles than waste my energy in a matter of seconds fighting two creatures that give me like... 4 total X_x. I'm finding more zebra carcasses than leather beetles. Great Hunger my ***.

I got such a pretty lioness from the giving tree but she's got a brutal personality so I don't think Taluzem would keep her around in his pride. I'll hang on to her and see if she gives me any nice cubs, but if not I'll probably just chase her. Maybe someone else can catch her!

Sorry to see you go Tarn. Lioden does seem to be a pretty brutal game, alas. I understand their desire to make it "semi-realistic", as that's a pretty unique concept for a sim game, but in doing that they've gotten rid of the user's ability to choose (at least, the ability to choose without having to put in countless hours of work or paying a chunk of real life money). I'll admit, there's aspects of this game I'm not looking forward too, but for now I'll just try and work towards my (probably impossible to achieve) dream lions, and maybe I'll get lucky and not run into them. Sad to see it drive away such nice players, though :<
zedxrgal

So I've been a little busy on this game today. And somewhat good naughty. The whole reason I signed up was because of falling in love with primals. So I took what should have been WoW renew monies and put them towards buying GB's for the primal MoD for both my boys. I also have new lionesses to share.

Primal Rake

New females:
Deesa

Isolon

Primal Zouchin

Awkward (name may change)

Kaara

Krokuun

Naroua

Umbra

Zouchin is definitely a ladies man compared to Rake. He seems to attract the prettiest lasses. Sadly I have had to chase off three females so far. Like Tarnfalk (somewhat) I would prefer to keep "evil" personalities out of my prides for now. I may change it later but may not. Each pride only has one set of cubs coming. Sirava's litter should ........... almost said hatch *yikes* ..... be born @ roll over tomorrow. Zouchin's litter should be the following day I think if not tomorrow night. Rake's cubs sadly will be normals & probably sent away. Zouchin's however may not. We'll see. For now I think I am done claiming. I don't want to ruin anything for the cubs normal or not.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Wow...those primals.

I wish I had the beetles to buy a MoD outright. And maybe I'll just splurge on it. Because my boy could look like this

Oh, on the topic of the evil lionesses. Hm, I was kinda put off by them at first. And some of the personalities, like the brutal one, I'm not keen on keeping around. But the less evil evil ones, like mischievous, actually have some amusing interaction "emote" things that kind of have endeared them to me

For example

"When you greet her, Perper smacks you with her tail as she turns around to take care of her own damn business."

That's pretty much exactly my cat, who I got that lioness for

Then this, from a stingy/evil girl

"You see Sari hurriedly push a pile of leaves over a hole, but you get a glimpse of a huge pile of feathers hidden away."

Yeah, the evil girls are really...catty XD

And some of the "good" lionesses really kinda have some problems of their own. My proud/good girl did this

"Hekate is busy meticulously grooming her paws and claws of any dirt and blood that clings to them. They have to be perfect. She doesn't even notice you."

Hrm. I think I'd rather be whacked in the face with a tail, honestly.

And cub training for an intrepid/good cub gave this

"You watched as Valkyrie crept quietly up to a sleeping pridemate, took the rib bone they had been chewing on, and slunk back off to her own sleeping spot. How sneaky!"

Not the nicest behavior, is it?
Attachments
if he was a primal.png
if he was a primal.png (429.08 KiB) Viewed 2793 times
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I am enjoying this, even if I have no clue on making beetles. But having my own teeny den of big ol' cats is great.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!