AGDQ

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

AGDQ

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I can't believe I forgot to mention this a few days ago! I blame being sick. This week, Awesome Games Done Quick is running on Twitch and their website. AGDQ is a live event where people do video game speedruns for charity. From their website
"Games Done Quick is a bi-annual charity gaming marathon. Volunteers play games at incredible speed ("Speedrunning") for entertainment. The event is streamed live online, non-stop, and all donations go directly to the charity. This is our winter event, and there will be a summer event later this year!"
Right now, all donations are going to the Prevent Cancer Foundation. People can make donation just for the sake of donating, or they will have incentives for certain games you can donate to vote for. For example, they have a vote to see what language Dying Light is going to be run in ( which is a thing that interests me about speedrunning games. Apparently, the dialogue in games is just faster in some languages! Which, of course, makes the run of the game faster)
They just started up back to back castlevania games. It's pretty great to watch them horribly break these games, and explain how they manage to break them. I'm looking forward to a "zombie block" they have later tonight, where they start off by running a 4-player co-op of Left for Dead 2, and end in the early morning with Silent Hill.