[spoiler] Vol'jin's and da Darkspears'.

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Re: [spoiler] Vol'jin's and da Darkspears'.

Unread post by Sigrah »

Xakaal wrote:So that is a real questline? Woo~ Since it was told in RP i didnt think it was real, good to know :) I wonder how they're gonna tackle the confrontation with Garrosh. And how are the orcs going to react to eachother when those loyal to garrosh go toe to toe with those who are aligned with thrall. Are they going to have a bloodbath? Will any political efforts be made to reprimand garrosh? Or are they just going to either exile him or have a duel to the death? Or er, possibly re-assignment?

Im just as interested in how the orcs are gonna work this out as seeing how the trolls questlines gonna be conducted. I hope vol'jin becomes a more prominent character, he seems to have been mostly on the back burner for years. Also wondering if thrall will return to be warchief or if a vote will be cast.
With the way things are shaping up in the MoP questlines right now, Baine Bloodhoof is in the mix to become the next Warchief as well. The one thing I'm really interested in is the one thing no one's brought up yet: How is Lady Sylvanas going to exploit this turmoil? After all, she's been secretly defying Garrosh for quite awhile now, and I can't picture her just sitting back while the Horde has a big internal conflict.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

In truth Sig, from a lore perspective, Sylvanas doesn't give two kodo turds about the Horde. She only cares for her peoples survival, even if that means she needs to play nice with the Horde.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

So, I take it this is the "war crime" that Blizz told us would occur that causes the Horde to go against Garrosh? Lol.

If it is, I do find it to be fitting. That be bad mojo, man.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Myzou wrote:So, I take it this is the "war crime" that Blizz told us would occur that causes the Horde to go against Garrosh? Lol.

Most likely and Thrall is none too happeh.

LisaaraPokefarm

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

seems like its a bit early for such a major plot point to drive the horde against garrosh i mean we still have at least a few content patches till garrosh's raid specifically there is supposedly a thunder king raid planned to wrap up the storyline from Kun-Lai Summit!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zangor wrote:seems like its a bit early for such a major plot point to drive the horde against garrosh i mean we still have at least a few content patches till garrosh's raid specifically there is supposedly a thunder king raid planned to wrap up the storyline from Kun-Lai Summit!
Who says it'll be the only plot point? ;3 Garrosh has been doing many things and pissing people off long before MoP release. But I doubt it'll stop there.

LisaaraPokefarm

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Zangor wrote:seems like its a bit early for such a major plot point to drive the horde against garrosh i mean we still have at least a few content patches till garrosh's raid specifically there is supposedly a thunder king raid planned to wrap up the storyline from Kun-Lai Summit!
Well, he'll have to wrap up his forces in Pandaria, fortify Orgrimmar, and expel the Goblins, Trolls, Tauren, and Pandaren. (Blood Elves and Forsaken don't have a 'faction' area in Orgrimmar). So there's plenty of time for this to develop from the attempt on Vol'jin. Thrall/Vol'jin have to rally the other leaders and get them onto their side as well.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Myzou wrote:
Well, he'll have to wrap up his forces in Pandaria, fortify Orgrimmar, and expel the Goblins, Trolls, Tauren, and Pandaren. (Blood Elves and Forsaken don't have a 'faction' area in Orgrimmar). So there's plenty of time for this to develop from the attempt on Vol'jin. Thrall/Vol'jin have to rally the other leaders and get them onto their side as well.
Thrall once helped Sylvanas to retake The Undercity from The Burning Legion... Well, Sylvanas finally can make things even..
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Myzou wrote:So, I take it this is the "war crime" that Blizz told us would occur that causes the Horde to go against Garrosh? Lol.

No, the war crime was explained in the Jaina book.

I would use a Spoiler tag but apprently this forum doesn't have that turned on.. so....

SPOILER. LOTS OF SPOILERS, WARNING:

I'm not even kidding. Skip my post if you don't want them.

Garrosh basically nukes Theramore, and uses 'Dark shamen' to pull up magma giants to fight northwatch, wich threatens to undo all the work the Earthen Ring and Thrall has done trying to heal the world.

This was very very very badly shown in the one senerio. You get none of the lore lead up. Or what happend, or how Jaina survived, or why it was such a big thing, or why the dragons are involved, ect. You have to read the book to understand why it's a bad thing, for both horde and alliance.

It makes no bones about it, using the "Super mana bomb" With the Focusing iris to make it bigger was the war crime. Along with the misuse of elementals at Northwatch.

MORE SPOILERS:

More over, in the next little bit, Garosh apparently uses the Horde forces in Dalaran to use Dalaran's portals to Raid the NE city for an artifact (Some bell). Jaina, the new head of the Kirin Tor. (( Again. You only know how and why if you read the book)) Goes totally APESHIT, (Again... she did in the book too and almost sacked Orgrimmar on her own.)) and starts imprisoning and killing the Sunreavers. She pledges the Kirin Tor to the Alliance and talks about bringing the city back to help destroy the horde. (( Another side note. SPOILER: Apparently Garrosh kills Anduin. The Prince of the Humans and Heir to the throne... yeah.. Crazy ol BiPolar King Varian Wrynn is going to take that REAL well... he's crazy on his best days... kill his only son, only family and the only thing that really has a chance of keeping him stable.... gooooood one.))

Which...... calls the BE leader into the mix. yeah ol Lor'thamar who hasn't done anything since BC and didn't really do anything THEN.. Is on the move.

So Sylvanas is using her new friends to re-animate the dead to swell her ranks. Interesting side note.. the shards of the Litch King's sword are 'gone missing'. So she's acting more and more like the Litch King....
Lor'thamar is riled up because everyone seems to kill blood elves when ever they want to, so he's riled up.
Vol'jin has always hated Garrosh, and in the Troll starting zone you see him flat out tell Garrosh at some point he's going to go too far and Vol'jin will kill him. Now Garrosh is going to try and take him out. ( The Jaina book has this new Nazi like orc helping Garrosh and doing some assassinations already. Of BE and Undead forces))
Baine, is sickened by Garrosh, and he totally didn't understand Garrosh's march on Northwatch or Theramore, and was present when the nuke went off. He hates Garrosh as well.
That leaves Galliwix and the goblins, who we know, will ally with who ever is strongest and promises not to kill them at that moment.
If you want to count Panderen, remember there's just a small small small percentage of Pandaren who grow up on the wandering isle. (( this is explained in the lore in the game)) And of that TINY percentage.. only half have joined the horde.

The thing that most people forget though, is that the orc's out number the other horde races. By a huge margin. Probably 100 to 1 on the trolls. 50 to 1 on the Tauren (( Who suffered large losses when they lost Thunderbluff just before Cat... which you only know if you read the Shattering book. They reclaimed it but 100s died in the coup there.)) The blood elves have been a small faction of 'elves' since the start and the undead, while replenishing their ranks now, lost most of their people fighting the litch king and then taking Gilnaes.

So while everyone "But" the orcs might hate Garrosh... the orcs vs the rest of the horde are about even.

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

pop wrote:
Myzou wrote:
Thrall once helped Sylvanas to retake The Undercity from The Burning Legion... Well, Sylvanas finally can make things even..
Sylvanas was there in Org when the Frost wyrms attacked, and helped fend them off. :)

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

LisaaraPokefarm

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

looks at picture....

So why again cant we have updated troll models :S?
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think his face paint is kinda ugly.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I want to have his troll babies.

Okay, a bit nasty, but you get my drift. Move over Nozdormu and your silly Belf form, and gimme Vol'Jin!

I think I'd play a male troll if I could make him look like that.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Giving Vol'jin a new look according to Blizzard's idea of his character, and made to fit only one set of armor, is far simpler than making several new looks per race that are still recognizable as updated 'old' looks, plus made to fit every piece of armor currently existing.

Theramore is largely the beginning of the Alliance reason to get Garrosh (Anduin incident exacerbates this), although it disgusted many Horde those were still in the minority. Vol'jin hits closer to home!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

cowmuflage wrote:I think his face paint is kinda ugly.

Yeah, there's something just a little off, though I'm just comparing it to his and other trolls original design. I think it's the dark stretched parts of his lips around his larger tusks that throw me the most, almost like a worgen or canines jowls/gums. Combined with the face paint it creates a much more disfigured/animalistic version than I'm used to.

But you know what, It is actually really close to the artwork of him on the loading screen, and I really liked that. Maybe it's just the 3d interpretation that is throwing me.

Some of the details and resolution are really high (like his face) but then other part are really low rez and makes it a little disjointed (his robe/wrap thing and even the snake staff head in his back back is reaaaly low rez) Funny enough, he has taken after the female trolls and forgotten how to blink as well ;)

All in all however, they have done a pretty awesome job, I really love the fact that they are going back and updating these important lore figures. I'm just super nit picky with this kind of thing. As I tell my students "Practice makes better, there is no such thing as perfect" That way one can always strive for better.

If this is an indication of possible new models and the quality that we can expect, I'm super excited :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I love his new model except the tusks. Just.. no.. it's like they took male tauren horns and shoved them into his mouth. It doesnt look very WoW troll-y to me and its so prominent and one of the major physical characteristics of trolls (well, large tusks protruding from the jaw in no real particular direction at least, since the tusks are done differently according to artist). I just cant get past it >< Also wondering what the fak happened to his upper lip in that MMO pic.. it looks like it was glitched or wasnt textured/colored like his skin and rather like his gums.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Spiritbinder wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I think his face paint is kinda ugly.

Yeah, there's something just a little off, though I'm just comparing it to his and other trolls original design. I think it's the dark stretched parts of his lips around his larger tusks that throw me the most, almost like a worgen or canines jowls/gums. Combined with the face paint it creates a much more disfigured/animalistic version than I'm used to.

You know what it he reminds me of? A Juggalo :lol:
Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

Has the Anduin death been confirmed? Did it happen in the book? The reason I'm asking is that I like what I saw of him in Pandaria..it would be a shame to kill him off. :(

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I think that would be suited to the Anduin thread!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!