WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:59 am 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/258242063592742912

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:04 am 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Dethecus
That's neither surprising nor new news; Ghostcrawler's gone on record as saying similar things before.

Someone should link Frostheim's article to him, though. :D http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/201 ... ble-slots/

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to LupisDarkmoon/Moonlost/Ket Shi/Karin/Thorka/Neilaren for the avatars and Vephriel (x3) & Methuselah/Pengupuff/Karin/TheDoomCookie (x2) & LupisDarkmoon/Thorka/TygerDarkstorm & LupisDarkmoon for the signatures!

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:06 am 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Kalliope wrote:
That's neither surprising nor new news; Ghostcrawler's gone on record as saying similar things before.

Someone should link Frostheim's article to him, though. :D http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/201 ... ble-slots/

Well this one is like another stab to an old healing wound :(

Last edited by pop on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:07 am 

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
I concur with him. :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:52 am 

Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Kalliope wrote:

I want that zoo. that's a perfect idea!

JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:55 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Proudmoore-US, Blackhand-US
Vephriel wrote:
I concur with him. :)

I as well. Just like our talents, our pets should be choices...and compared to the 3-5 we had all the way up to sometime in Wrath, we've acquired an embarrassment of riches in the amount of stable slots we have.

Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 90 Night Elf Hunter
Rinfala - 85 Pandaren Hunter
Tumblr!

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:59 am 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

The increment of stable slots doesn't mean we are less attached to our pets. Heck, the main reason most of my hunters' stables are full because I can't let go a lot of my pets.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:12 am 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
The thing I *don't* like about this zoo is that it's hunter-only. This game isn't 'World Of Hunters'. Thjere should be an equivilent for all other groups. Sure, we have stables, but a stable takes a minimum of programming, unlike a constantly changing zoo that is constantly populated by different creatures depending on the hunter. That's a lot of programming complexity for one single hunter!

As much fun as I would have with this, unless there were a way to impliment it for everyone else, I don't see it being a viable answer until Hunters get their own game.

Come see Kurasu's stables!

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:17 am 

*nods to Kurasu* I agree completely. I was more linking for the reasoning on why there's a logical case for larger stables and the whole zoo concept is more of a fun wish daydream.

YouTube Edition
Thanks to LupisDarkmoon/Moonlost/Ket Shi/Karin/Thorka/Neilaren for the avatars and Vephriel (x3) & Methuselah/Pengupuff/Karin/TheDoomCookie (x2) & LupisDarkmoon/Thorka/TygerDarkstorm & LupisDarkmoon for the signatures!

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:34 am 

Realm: Nagrand
/cry

Not surprised, but still can be sad about it... Time to get my human hunter up I guess.

My art!

Torachi | Sabthan | Khyle

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:46 am 

Location: Denmark.. Although most of the times i live in an imaginary world... much nicer then the real one
Realm: Silvermoon
I think that its healthy that we need to think about the pets we use. It makes the bond stronger imo...

Could i use the extra room on Tårnfalk.. yes :D - but i do think its healthy to think about which pets u accually use and which is just gathering dust.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Qinni, Kishay, my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Hatchery on FR: http://goo.gl/9ZoV17

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:53 am 

While it's not 'world of hunters', hunters are the only ones that tame pets. So a zoo would only make sense to them. Giving hunters something nice doesn't suddenly make the game 'world of hunters'.

Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:22 am 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Kilrogg EU
I can't see why hunter pets can't be "stored" by the same method that mounts and Battle Pets are stored - IE a list that you can summon from. Seems like a false limitation to me rather than a technical one :S

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:34 am 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Junrei wrote:
While it's not 'world of hunters', hunters are the only ones that tame pets. So a zoo would only make sense to them. Giving hunters something nice doesn't suddenly make the game 'world of hunters'.

Giving hunters sometihng nice doesn't make it 'World of Hunters'. Which is why hunters have been given plenty of unusual pets that we have to hunt, track, unusual skins, more flexibility in our buffs, et cetera. However, giving us a whole entire *zoo* is not just 'giving hunters something nice'. It is giving hunters the equivilent of a whole nother minigame that others cannot participate in.

Now, find a way to create that zoo for other groups, that wouldn't be overpowered, and I'd be *all* for it!

Come see Kurasu's stables!

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:39 am 

Realm: Ysera Alliance / Llane Horde
Tårnfalk wrote:
I think that its healthy that we need to think about the pets we use. It makes the bond stronger imo...

Could i use the extra room on Tårnfalk.. yes :D - but i do think its healthy to think about which pets u accually use and which is just gathering dust.

i like how you worded it. people who have 25 slots filled likely have at least a couple collecting dust despite how much they might claim otherwise.

I was at 22 or 23 at one point since I had to have all the "shinies" but when I went and purged the dust collectors, I dropped down to 12 or so I think.

25 is more than enough, the problem is that alot of pet collectors that play hunters also have that "gotta catch them all" mentality.

Overall most non-hunters don't really care if we have 25 slots or 100, in fact they no or care little about rare pets and tracking and whatnot. They would just be bothered if Blizz spent time and resources making a change to allowing mini-zoo's for hunters instead of doing things to better all classes.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:45 am 

Kurasu wrote:
Junrei wrote:

Giving hunters sometihng nice doesn't make it 'World of Hunters'. Which is why hunters have been given plenty of unusual pets that we have to hunt, track, unusual skins, more flexibility in our buffs, et cetera. However, giving us a whole entire *zoo* is not just 'giving hunters something nice'. It is giving hunters the equivilent of a whole nother minigame that others cannot participate in.

Now, find a way to create that zoo for other groups, that wouldn't be overpowered, and I'd be *all* for it!

Minigame? What? I don't see how storing pets is a minigame of any kind. You can't battle them or get points for collecting them or achievements. There's no minigame concept. Just a place to put them. Sorry but I don't see storage = minigame. Especially when there's a limit. If there were achievements and stuff, then yes, it'd be more of a minigame. Since the original suggestion didn't have anything of the sort, I personally think it's not even close to a minigame(not trying to come off as mean or rude.) ^^;

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:02 pm 

Kurasu wrote:

Everyone gets access to a minipet zoo next door - and warlocks can visit all their minions, even though they have access to all of them most of the time anyway? ;)

YouTube Edition

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:43 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary
I dont know what you guys are talking about I have 20 in my stables and I use all of them and have bond with pretty much almost all of them. Having maybe 100 or even 60 stable slots you could maybe lose quite a few pets in all those pets but 30 to even 40 the most isnt that bad. There may be 155 new rares coming out in 5.1 and not to mention the possibilties of the spirit beast(s) that were promised so yah 25 slots seems extremely low.
Just because you have 30 (the most id see is 40) doesnt mean that your just going around taming every single rare you see. All my pets I got not because some are rare and I gotta catch em all, but because of the skin I love and enjoy using. Though I do have atleast one pet I use just for what it brings.. aka my hyena.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:55 pm 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)
Especially now that you can choose pet spec, I use 100% of my pets. So all my pets are getting play, I think I am at 23 right now.

The only thing that bottle necks me is when I want a certain buff, but even that isn't necessary.

On a side note, I dont know if its PVP hunters or what but I have seen an alarming amount of hunters who have 5 pets on call but like 1-3 in stable and thats it.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:07 pm 

Sasrei wrote:
I dont know what you guys are talking about I have 20 in my stables and I use all of them and have bond with pretty much almost all of them. Having maybe 100 or even 60 stable slots you could maybe lose quite a few pets in all those pets but 30 to even 40 the most isnt that bad. There may be 155 new rares coming out in 5.1 and not to mention the possibilties of the spirit beast(s) that were promised so yah 25 slots seems extremely low.
Just because you have 30 (the most id see is 40) doesnt mean that your just going around taming every single rare you see. All my pets I got not because some are rare and I gotta catch em all, but because of the skin I love and enjoy using. Though I do have atleast one pet I use just for what it brings.. aka my hyena.

Definitely agreed. :3 I use ALL my pets.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next