GC on stable space for 5.1[warning; can cause sadness]

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: GC on stable space for 5.1[warning; can cause sadness]

Unread post by Ziarre »

Woah.

Woah woah woah.

Did we seriously just compare whether or not we should add stable slots to gay rights?
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziarre wrote:Woah.

Woah woah woah.

Did we seriously just compare whether or not we should add stable slots to gay rights?
Seems so....which was a very bad thing....comparing apples to carrots at that point.

However, despite the poor choice of comparison, he does have a valid point if you ignore the gay marriage bits.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

I'm still stuck on the comparing a game design decision to a civil rights movement bit.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Junrei wrote:
Ziarre wrote:Woah.

Woah woah woah.

Seems so....which was a very bad thing....comparing apples to carrots at that point.

However, despite the poor choice of comparison, he does have a valid point if you ignore the gay marriage bits.
It's valid only in the sense that he has every right to want more stable slots. The same as people who favor keeping it at 25 also have a valid point. Either way it gets chalked up to opinion and the devs seem to be on the side of keeping the slots at 25.

The way I see it is it's not about restricting someone's play style but rather about maintaining the difficult decisions and choices that are meant to be made when it comes to Hunter pets and keeping the flavor of the class intact. At least this aspect of it.

But regardless, comparing people's opinion about an aspect of a video game to being for or against gay rights is just silly. I'm almost offended for my gay friends. We are gaining ground in the battle for equality so let's not muddy it up with dumb video game comparisons, k?
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Sesamee pretty much just nailed why I'm so disturbed by that.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

I don't have a full stable right now, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I currently have my 5 Quilens (yes 5 lol) on me, then the first page is full with other pets I like. But I am not really fully attached to most of what I have. There are a couple I never plan to get rid of and that is my Skoll (Raiden) and Loque (Kahlua). I know every hunter is different when it comes to attachments and how many pets they want; but I have to side with GC on this.

As far as the Hunter Zoo goes; meh. The idea seems neat, but I don't ever see anything like that being implemented into the game. I also had the thought while reading the blog that if Blizz would even use something like that because it is someone else's idea. I know a company that big, if they took the idea, would probably have to cover their ass by paying the idea makers royalties of some sort and it is probably too big of a pita for them to go through. (I am just assuming here.) I am not a veteran player like some on here, only been playing since Cata with a short time in Wrath; but from what I know, Blizz has never taken a player's idea, especially something this dramatic, and put it in the game.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

They'll use suggestions from the playerbase if they're sound enough AND feasible enough. Then there's the fact that if an addon becomes super popular, to the point where it's 'almost everyone uses it,' they'll often incorporate it into the game UI. See: PowerAuras and spell alerts, off the top of my head. I was one of those uncool kids that didn't use PowerAuras, but I do so love those spell alerts.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziarre wrote:They'll use suggestions from the playerbase if they're sound enough AND feasible enough. Then there's the fact that if an addon becomes super popular, to the point where it's 'almost everyone uses it,' they'll often incorporate it into the game UI. See: PowerAuras and spell alerts, off the top of my head. I was one of those uncool kids that didn't use PowerAuras, but I do so love those spell alerts.
QuestHelper was one of them as well. :P

LisaaraPokefarm

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yeah, it is. I was just pretty (read: very) bushed and could only remember one example, but I knew there were others.

...Still tired, but the week isn't over yet. :c
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

S'ok! :3 I just remembered that one specifically cause I used to use it. I never used the others you listed.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

I didn't use PowerAuras either. XD Poked at it once, but it took too much fiddling around to set up alerts.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziarre wrote:I didn't use PowerAuras either. XD Poked at it once, but it took too much fiddling around to set up alerts.
XD Maybe someday they'll include NPCScan.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

That one I doubt, for the same reason they haven't added a DPS meter despite their longstanding popularity.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Um. Wow. This thread took some turns. I just gotta say this: I often love many skins of a pet. I like all of my pets. I wish I had more room to fit more families.

I'd be happy with 5-10 more slots, and I hate it when people say :D :D :D AWESOME NO MORE NEW SLOTS I CONCUR EAT IT CAT LADIES. :D :D :D like someone else's wish getting denied is reason to throw a party. The Sha of Schadenfreude will get you if you're not careful (also, it's probably good that the shas can't get to the official forums...)

Or that people assume because someone took a bit of time to make another stable page that some other class is suffering. They aren't.

That said, it's not the end of the world if we don't get more. It's more tough choices, and I think it's kind of a bummer - especially with the huge range of debuffs and buffs. As it sits, no one hunter can bring each to the table. So yes, I'd like another page or two and that'd be good for me. Especially for those of us who dislike having a bazillion alts.

And as tough as that choice is, it is nowhere comparable to gay rights or civil rights. Yikes.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!