Hunter changes on the PTR

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Hunter changes on the PTR

Unread post by Lisaara »

Danielfboone wrote:The latest LR nerf might actually bring it down to par with MOC and give us an actual choice. The sims were showing LR as the only choice , at least for BM.
This is what I was thinking.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Well as for the nerf, I can't see LR as a viable choice at all, seems just like Blink Strike is for pvp and AMOC is for PVE. But meh, I guess I'll be using Blink Strike for both occasion.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Junrei wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:The latest LR nerf might actually bring it down to par with MOC and give us an actual choice. The sims were showing LR as the only choice , at least for BM.
This is what I was thinking.
Choosing between two sub-par utilities when they get done is not an optimal choice.

I'm officially done. Spriest is my main, hunter is relegated to farming duties since Blizz refuses to fix the real problems the mess of cooldowns that BM currently has, and the unituitive nature of FocusFire, still weak AOE, and other things. There a too damn many dailies to support two mains, so hunter is getting the bench.

Perhaps if they buff MM some more I'll be back.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

pop wrote:Well as for the nerf, I can't see LR as a viable choice at all, seems just like Blink Strike is for pvp and AMOC is for PVE. But meh, I guess I'll be using Blink Strike for both occasion.
If Lynx winds up being essentially equal damage with MOC in PvE, then it will be the clear winner due to greater utility and no focus cost. Blink Strike trails both of them and always has. Blink might be good for PvP though. Lynx was outdoing Crows handily on the PTR before this latest nerf so it was expected. I was hoping that after they discovered and fixed the Stampede bug in PvP that they would revert Lynx back to how it is on Live but I guess they won't.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Don't forget that as much as people are saying that Blink is for PVP, it's still not a DOT, and in some cases will be better in PVE situations where you need burst. (Eg. Elegon orbs?) Use LR or MOC on that in their current PTR status and your wasting it, they need to die fast. In this case, BS would be much more beneficial.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
slothy

Unread post by slothy »

since we are sorta talking about MoC

do you get any dps benefit having it up on 2 mobs (using readiness) - or even like a boss like Will of the Emperor
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

slothy wrote:since we are sorta talking about MoC

do you get any dps benefit having it up on 2 mobs (using readiness) - or even like a boss like Will of the Emperor

You can do this Slothy, in fact depending on spec, Multi dot with MOC and BA, etc any boss that "shares" health pools to great effect. (though MOC is very focus hungry so it will take a Cobra/Steady or 2 have have enough focus to place it on both).

So far the only bosses this works the best on are Stone Guard and Will, as other boss fights with multiple bosses either spawn separately and don't share health, or the others health reset upon the dead of others.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­