Sporebat's abilities update?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Sporebat's abilities update?

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I saw this on MMO Champion earlier in the hunter change section.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/298 ... uild-16208
Energizing Spores (New) Surrounds all friendly party and raid members with energizing spores, increasing spell haste by 5%.
I checked wowhead and it doesn't say if it's a Special Ability or a Bonus Ability, so I'm wondering if they removed Spore Cloud completely. Seems it's instant cast with a 100 yard range, but there's no duration nor no cooldown either. Can someone on the PTR check a Sporebat and let us know what they did to them? Thanks in advance! :D
ImageImage
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Sporebat's abilities update?

Unread post by Kalliope »

I checked this out before, actually! It's only a replacement for the Mind Quickening buff....which we had figured was coming eventually, since that was just a copy of the shadow priest buff.

Oddly enough, sporebats still have Spore Cloud. This continues to make them the only non-exotic pet with multiple buffs/debuffs.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Kalliope wrote:I checked this out before, actually! It's only a replacement for the Mind Quickening buff....which we had figured was coming eventually, since that was just a copy of the shadow priest buff.

Oddly enough, sporebats still have Spore Cloud. This continues to make them the only non-exotic pet with multiple buffs/debuffs.
Removing the old skill will make me cry

Having said, it's just like Water Strider imho when both have extra 'buff' but both buffs are for spell casters. So the rule is, if the extra buff doesn't effect the Hunter directly, it's ok, I'm ok, you're ok, sporebat's ok, we're ok!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

pop wrote: Having said, it's just like Water Strider imho when both have extra 'buff' but both buffs are for spell casters. So the rule is, if the extra buff doesn't effect the Hunter directly, it's ok, I'm ok, you're ok, sporebat's ok, we're ok!
Except that Watre Striders are exotics. So they're *entitled* to have an extra buff. ;) Sporebats aren't.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Kurasu wrote:
pop wrote: Having said, it's just like Water Strider imho when both have extra 'buff' but both buffs are for spell casters. So the rule is, if the extra buff doesn't effect the Hunter directly, it's ok, I'm ok, you're ok, sporebat's ok, we're ok!
Except that Watre Striders are exotics. So they're *entitled* to have an extra buff. ;) Sporebats aren't.
actually Water Strider's have 3; crit, spell power AND Water Walking.

Other exotics beast have only 2 skills discounting bonus skills but all of those can skills benefit hunters, depending on the fight or purposes. Spell haste and Spell power in all regards would not increase any of hunter's spec at all. Both sporebat and water strider have extra buffs that only benefit mana users only.
Kalliope

pop wrote:actually Water Strider's have 3; crit, spell power AND Water Walking.
It only counts as two because ALL spellpower buffs include crit as well. And since the crit buff is included in it, water striders benefit hunters as well.

YouTube Edition

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Indeed! They have one buff that affects two things. Sporebats have two abilities that are *completely* separate. And really, that can't be rolled into one.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kalliope wrote:I checked this out before, actually! It's only a replacement for the Mind Quickening buff....which we had figured was coming eventually, since that was just a copy of the shadow priest buff.

Well I wouldn't mind if they kept both, they do need more love from players! I very rarely see a hunter with a sporebat pet. :(
ImageImage
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

oooh. I just wish sporebats had more variety in color. They've only got...what...3 or 4?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

3! You're right they do need a lot more color choices too.
ImageImage
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Kalliope wrote:
pop wrote:actually Water Strider's have 3; crit, spell power AND Water Walking.
It only counts as two because ALL spellpower buffs include crit as well. And since the crit buff is included in it, water striders benefit hunters as well.
When ever did I said that Water Strider doesn't benefit hunter at all? I think you have confused between skills and buffs. The Water Strider have 2 Skills but 3 buffs, but 2 of the buff is rolled into one skills. It still have 3 buffs regardless. Like I said, both water strider and sporebat are special cases because these extra buffs, regardless of how they are implemented either rolled into a single skill that does benefit hunter or as a new spell, that they bring doesn't benefit hunter. The only reason that sporebat's wasn't rolled into one because the sporebat's original spell is a debuff instead of buff.

I think this is great regardless because hunter's pet would bring both spells that benefit the hunter or benefit the person in a hunter's team. I really hope bliz would start to throw in more spell like this new one to other non exotic as well.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:

Well I wouldn't mind if they kept both, they do need more love from players! I very rarely see a hunter with a sporebat pet. :(
I want a sporebat that shares the same skin as a SEA HORSE!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:3! You're right they do need a lot more color choices too.
Even if they're rare spawns, I'll take more color choices. I'd personally love to see a pink or dark purple one.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

pop wrote: I think you have confused between skills and buffs. The Water Strider have 2 Skills but 3 buffs, but 2 of the buff is rolled into one skills.
If this is the case, how many buffs do Shale Spiders have? ;)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

If it bothers you that much, just think of it this way:

Clearly, the spores, etc. in Zangarmarsh supercharged the Water Striders and Sporebats. The waterstriders on Pandaria all inherited this from the rare spawn Water Strider. :P

In regards to they had to have crit: They could have just given Water Striders crit, they didn't have to give it spell power.

I agree, the rule is: If the buff doesn't affect the hunter, it's not counting in the overall "number" of buffs/debuffs/skills a pet has.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Myzou wrote:If it bothers you that much, just think of it this way:

Clearly, the spores, etc. in Zangarmarsh supercharged the Water Striders and Sporebats. The waterstriders on Pandaria all inherited this from the rare spawn Water Strider. :P

In regards to they had to have crit: They could have just given Water Striders crit, they didn't have to give it spell power.

I agree, the rule is: If the buff doesn't affect the hunter, it's not counting in the overall "number" of buffs/debuffs/skills a pet has.
Glimmer is a ladies man....XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Junrei wrote:
Myzou wrote: The waterstriders on Pandaria all inherited this from the rare spawn Water Strider. :P
Makes more sense if it's Hexapos being referred to. ;)
Kurasu wrote:
pop wrote: I think you have confused between skills and buffs. The Water Strider have 2 Skills but 3 buffs, but 2 of the buff is rolled into one skills.
If this is the case, how many buffs do Shale Spiders have? ;)
Kurasu knows what I'm talking about. :) Spellpower/crit is a different buff than just plain crit, even though the crit part functions the same way.

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh yeah! I keep forgetting about that one....Shame on me!

LisaaraPokefarm

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kalliope wrote:
Junrei wrote:
Myzou wrote: The waterstriders on Pandaria all inherited this from the rare spawn Water Strider. :P
Makes more sense if it's Hexapos being referred to. ;)
Really? I thought he went just for japanese school girls. Life is full of surprises, you learn something every day! :lol:
ImageImage
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Shinryu, I loled pretty hard at that. Thank you. XD

LisaaraPokefarm