Rants/Raves On The New 5.1 Tameables!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Re: Rants/Raves On The New 5.1 Tameables!

Unread post by Malackai »

I agree with Wain on the personal attacks on people here.
I find it rather disturbing that some people find it necessary to attack people over there own opinions. Just because someone hates something either it be dailies , the dragon hawk looks or recolored skins and you(as in other people) like it doesn't mean the other person that hates it is wrong you know? its after all an opinion and that's something personal. And its the same trend I am seeing all over MMO champ and even the official forums as well.

having said that :3

I do want to comment on this so sorry for going of topic.
Junrei wrote:As many blue posters have said(It's been on MMO Champion nearly everyday)...you do not have to do the dailies. You don't need them to get to any content. You can do as many as you please. If you try to do them all everyday, then you will burn yourself out. Calling it a train wreck because of dailies is extremely unfair and inaccurate no matter how you slice it.

I'm sorry but saying you're forced to do dailies when you're not(My hunter does only Cloud Serpent dailies and has done just fine) or because there wasn't a new pet you wanted yet doesn't support an expansion that's only 2 months old being a trainwreck. If the expansion was a year long, then there might be a case, but as of now, I'm just not seeing it.

Anyway, the whole expansion thing is a bit offtopic since this is about 5.1 tameables, not the entire expansion so I'm gonna just shush my lil mouth here. ^^;
Well to state again to each his or her own no?

Personally A Blue can say whatever they want but I am taking it with a grain of salt. For a lot of people dailies do feel forced and seeing in this expansion its the only way to gain rep with most factions it causes friction with people.
People just want an alternative way to get reputation that fits with there play style. Some people like dungeon farming others like mob grinding and others like exploring for relics etc.
Personally I absolutely despise dailies mainly because of the 24 h cool down system but I always enjoyed maxing out reps since it was something I could do in the weekends or if I was bored out of my socks even if it was just by mob farm or doing a repeatable over and over again. However with this new daily system it turned something I enjoy doing over a course of an expansion into something I absolutely hate and I have the quirk to do the things I hate or despise first with the sole reason to get rid of the unpleasant task.

It reminds me to much of a rigid set chore list you just do in a couple of weeks and then its done and over. I finished the old wintersaber grind but I never managed to get further then 2-3 days with the ravasaur chain.

I suspected that the dailies just masked a bigger problem for most (lack of content) but now that I am actually done with most of them besides klaxxi and angelers, it actually became glaringly obvious for me after not logging in for almost 5 days en when I do log in I actually find myself afking most of the time. I never had this in any other expansion before. I find that pretty disturbing after only 1,5- 2 months.
I even talked to one of my officers last night and asked for a week raid break. Instead of hearing "why man awesome new raid comes out this week" I got "I feel ya man, cant blame ya one bit" so I know a lot of people in my guild feel the same way we went back from 40 active man during peak times to barely 20 people. What I am seeing right now is what I normally see at the end of an expansion not the beginning of one.

I can take repetitive actions/tasks without a restriction quite well as long as I can space and plan it myself so I dont go nuts. I like to set goals for myself that way it makes it more the sweeter if you reach those goals. netherwing,cloudserpent and tillers gave that feeling of accomplishment. finding that last egg or soil heap knowing others where diving for it as well it was awsome :3. The goldenlotus, klaxxi,shadopan and celestials gave me the complete opposite of that feeling and I find that a shame.

Maybe its just the adult talking in me :P.

sorry for the of topic reply but I just had to respond to this.

On topic response tho I am actually hoping that they somehow put the spirit beast in on the last moment so that we wont find out about it till it hits live servers :S guess its wishful thinking tho but that would be awesome.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Things are getting off-topic here. This is for the tameables! Let's try and keep the conversation to that. If you want to get a chatter in about other things, I suggest making a thread for the dailies complaints in the 'general' section. :)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Kurasu wrote:Things are getting off-topic here. This is for the tameables! Let's try and keep the conversation to that. If you want to get a chatter in about other things, I suggest making a thread for the dailies complaints in the 'general' section. :)
You know not to kick in your door or something but if you make a comment like that it might actually be handy to follow your own advise and try to steer the topic back on track by making a ontopic comment :P

I tried to steer the topic back to the tamables and the lack of spirit beast but it seems I failed miserably :P

So I post it as a loose comment again:

Is anyone actually hoping we wont find out about the spirit beast till it hits the live servers?
I never took much attention to spirit beasts before but did we ever had any similar situations with any previous spirit beasts?
The new spirit beast was pretty much the only thing I was actually excited about for this patch.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Malackai wrote:Is anyone actually hoping we wont find out about the spirit beast till it hits the live servers?
I never took much attention to spirit beasts before but did we ever had any similar situations with any previous spirit beasts?
The new spirit beast was pretty much the only thing I was actually excited about for this patch.
I can't say a possible new spirit beast is 'the thing' I was/am excited about this patch, but I sure was curious about it. Such as, what kind of animal would they pick and if it uses the tracking system, what would it's tracks be like. Where it would be at and if they went with a solid body or the see-through kind this time around.

Kind of hoping for a reptilian SB but realise it probably isn't if we get any at all. :|
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Honestly, I would be shocked if the spirit beasts we got didn't end up matching with the gods of the area. I know people want no more cats, but a spirit tiger, spirit crane, spirit yak, and spirit serpent seem to be the most likely bunch for this grouping. And I'll be honest: personally I'm all for it. It would work with the lore of the game and the land, while still holding true to the 'Spirit Beast' lore itself. :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I'm still hoping for a spirit porcupine after the FITE SPIRIT PORCUPINE FITE response from the GM. xD
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:I'm still hoping for a spirit porcupine after the FITE SPIRIT PORCUPINE FITE response from the GM. xD
His comment kind of suggested that to me also. Much as I'd also love to see, as Kurasu suggested, SBs based on the celestials (plus the missing dragon turtle!)

I think they had every intention of getting at least one spirit beast in by 5.1, but that may not have been realized. A lot of designers have probably already switched to getting 5.2 ready!

Of course a spirit beast *could* be in and we've failed to identify a method of tracking it. But if so, then (i) Wowhead has failed to list a possible id for it yet, which isn't too unlikely as there are still things we've found that are missing from Wowhead, and (ii) it would have to use an existing model as there aren't any special new & unused models in the data files that could be candidates. So it's sadly probably very unlikely :(

Still, there are some awesome new looks amongst the nearly 150 new rares we've found. Some really pretty things that we've wanted. So even if there's no new spirit beast at least nobody can say we were ignored :) I dare say no other class in the game, apart from Warclocks who got a fancy new quest chain, got this much extra "just for fun" things in the patch :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Wain wrote:
Myzou wrote:I'm still hoping for a spirit porcupine after the FITE SPIRIT PORCUPINE FITE response from the GM. xD
His comment kind of suggested that to me also. Much as I'd also love to see, as Kurasu suggested, SBs based on the celestials (plus the missing dragon turtle!)

I think they had every intention of getting at least one spirit beast in by 5.1, but that may not have been realized. A lot of designers have probably already switched to getting 5.2 ready!

Of course a spirit beast *could* be in and we've failed to identify a method of tracking it. But if so, then (i) Wowhead has failed to list a possible id for it yet, which isn't too unlikely as there are still things we've found that are missing from Wowhead, and (ii) it would have to use an existing model as there aren't any special new & unused models in the data files that could be candidates. So it's sadly probably very unlikely :(

Still, there are some awesome new looks amongst the nearly 150 new rares we've found. Some really pretty things that we've wanted. So even if there's no new spirit beast at least nobody can say we were ignored :) I dare say no other class in the game, apart from Warclocks who got a fancy new quest chain, got this much extra "just for fun" things in the patch :)
The "using only current models" thing is fine, we have the god beast models. But the fact that silkworm tracks got datamined means that I doubt any spirit beast ones are in yet.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Sigh.. im really not looking forward to hunting these rares. Just because of crz.. I really wish that blizz could make rares realm specific or shorten there timers alot.
Was checking some rares out on the ptr couldnt find any in one zone found out it was a lvl 45 pally killing them.. who the heck levels in the ptr. I mean if theres new content I get that but at lvl 45? yah.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Well, don't forget that these rares are going to be spawning every hour or two at most. They're not like the rares that used to populate Northrend and Outland, which were on a spawn timer of every 8-12 hours, approximately. They spawn fairly frequently. I think, compared to the hair-tearing of trying to get a Time-Lost Proto Drake or Spirit Beast, these will be easy enough.

That's just the view of one person who, even with CRZ, sees rares up in the old world almost constantly though. :) I haven't done much hunting to tame.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Completely agreed with Kurasu. Aside from leveling lowbies and other hunters, no one is going to care about these rares being up. Anyone who really wants to tame one will be able to find it eventually.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Maunkitten
Realm: Moon Guard-Alliance, Wyrmrest Accord- Horde

Unread post by Maunkitten »

BOMBYX. Bombyx! Bombyx.
He looks a bit like a pack of mini chocolate doughnuts.. and I love it!

Also, I cannot wait to discover some of these rares on my itty-bitty low level hunters! I think it's going to be so much fun, and an incentive to quest. There are a lot of models that I'm excited about, namely the various spiked wind serpents, but tons more! I am thrilled with this patch.
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I was looking forward to Spirit Beasts in this patch. I'll be really disappointed if there aren't any in 5.1. Tons more Hunters to check, once 5.1 comes out, than on the public test realms now.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

leaponover
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by leaponover »

I'm still disappointed those badass Boas in Jade Forest aren't tameable. They are by far my favorite new animal and I can't believe they aren't tameable, I mean especially with the whole snake charming in real life. You would think they were made for that!! Would be so awesome if they wrapped around the prey for a death squeeze!! Geez, make it happen blizz, why you gotta tease?
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

So with the 2 Black Temple wolves, we now have 150 new tameables. I know I don't mind not having a spirit beast in 5.1. But then, this is one BM hunter who's never understood the obsession with spirit beasts :)

I do agree with leap, I'd love to have boas tameable, would greatly prefer them to arcane serpents. I suspect boas will never be tameable, however. Blizz probably thinks they have too low a profile for pvp...
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

I'm a bit disappointed that there's no spirit beasts... but that's only because I had hopes of a spirit yak and spirit crane. I would have loved to see both! Plus, the giggles of FITE SPIRIT PORCUPINE FITE! :D But with what we *have* got, I'm extremely pleased. There's so many pretty things that, even if I don't actually tame them, I'll be going to see on a regular basis.

Plus, even if we don't get more rares in this patch, that leaves other zones to hopefully get filled up with other rares in later patches! Gives each patch a 'little something'. :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote:So with the 2 Black Temple wolves, we now have 150 new tameables. I know I don't mind not having a spirit beast in 5.1. But then, this is one BM hunter who's never understood the obsession with spirit beasts :)
I do agree with leap, I'd love to have boas tameable, would greatly prefer them to arcane serpents. I suspect boas will never be tameable, however. Blizz probably thinks they have too low a profile for pvp...
It depends how small they made them. The Bamboo ones are huge! They scale surprisingly well for a really low res model. But I was told they didn't want to make that model tameable. Of course they can always change their minds...
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

if we dont get spirit beasts in 5.1 i hope noah or someone from blizzard gives us the information on when we might see them. id just like to know that they are still in the works!
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Zangor wrote:if we dont get spirit beasts in 5.1 i hope noah or someone from blizzard gives us the information on when we might see them. id just like to know that they are still in the works!
Yeah, me too.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Rather let down about no Spirit Beast as well. I do love all the new rares, new skins, and even new family.. but I was really hoping for a Spirit Beast.

I guess for me, the reason I get excited over new Spirit Beasts is the fact they are normally unique or close to it. When I hear "new Spirit Beast" I know it's going to be something not available in game, so it's completely new to a sense. I might not care for the ghosty theme they had going for a while, but I absolutely loved Loque and Skoll.

Blue gem owl has been something I've wanted for a while now. I'm not sure which Hunter it will end up on, but I will most definitely get it. I'm rather glad they decided to make it solid instead of ghosty, sorry to those who liked the ghosty form.

Saddened by the armored dragonhawk being switched to the black skin. I was actually debating switching my blue/purple dragonhawk for that awesome looking armored version. I guess that leaves the choice a little easier to make. Although I hardly ever use my poor dragonhawk.

I also love seeing some new rare opportunities of skins that had no rares before. When I like a skin, I tend to single out the rare and go for the rare of that skin. If there is no rare of it, I'm a bit disappointed. I don't know why, but I like to "hunt down" the rares for my companions. It's like the "special one" when you're at a pet store. You see it and know it's the perfect match for you.