Dire Horns?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Dire Horns?

Unread post by Qraljar »

Hmh, now I look at it again, maybe it could be a bit larger. It's big enough for a human hunter, but the thing that bothers me as a night elf hunter is that every pet is so small. ;_;

It could be a bit larger, but not rhino-sized.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Ickabob wrote:
Crotalus Horridus wrote:
Ickabob wrote:I managed to sneak onto Thunder Isle
Explain in detail. I wish to explore this new special land and tame all ze dinosawrs.
How to Get to Thunder Isle
1. Queue for the new LFR (I chose Last Stand of the Zandalari) and zone into the raid.
2. Die inside the raid.
3. Resurrect at the spirit healer. (You'll have to take the rezz sickness.)
4. Explore the island!

NOTE: This isn't the official method to get there, so you *might* get in trouble. I'm pretty sure we aren't even supposed to be on the island. Do this at your own risk!
I can't queue for any LFR, not even the ones I've done (up to the Terrace.) It says "I don't meet the requirements"
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

now my biggest consern is if it is a quest chain my problem is...lets say for me i have my stables filled already with the pets from the last patch as well as some spirit beasts and krush to fill up my stable that i DO NOT want to let go of.so with my stable full i am not gona want to do the quest in the first place if i don't have the space for them.yes i know that i am not being forced into letting one go for a special pet that takes a quest or chellenge to do but it is teaseing torcher to someone like me that refuses to let go.thats my biggest issue with the special skill to get these pets.now don't see this as a pls give me more slots but its just something i feel i should bring up for those that have an eye on these lovely new dinos.
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Equeon wrote:I can't queue for any LFR, not even the ones I've done (up to the Terrace.) It says "I don't meet the requirements"
I think the older LFRs are blocked because Blizzard wants us testing the new ones, and for the new ones you need to have ilvl 486 to enter atm
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Melissa wrote:
Equeon wrote:I can't queue for any LFR, not even the ones I've done (up to the Terrace.) It says "I don't meet the requirements"
I think the older LFRs are blocked because Blizzard wants us testing the new ones, and for the new ones you need to have ilvl 486 to enter atm
Drat. No way to get in, then. :/
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Do premades have a high enough gear level?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I feel like an idiot...I can't find the premades. Only my own toons to copy.
ImageImage
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Kalliope wrote:Do premades have a high enough gear level?
Nope :( They start in blues
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Meggers wrote:I feel like an idiot...I can't find the premades. Only my own toons to copy.
Premades are in the character select screen, there will be a button on the left. They don't have the gear though for LFR unfortunately.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Melissa wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Do premades have a high enough gear level?
Nope :( They start in blues
Ah damn. :/

Well, I can confirm that in five piece malevolent gear with upgraded blues, I just BARELY scrape by on the ilevel in my PvP gear (so I'd probably have no trouble in my LFR gear). Hopefully that helps some of you all get in!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Vephriel wrote:
Meggers wrote:I feel like an idiot...I can't find the premades. Only my own toons to copy.
Premades are in the character select screen, there will be a button on the left. They don't have the gear though for LFR unfortunately.

Oooh so they took them off the webpage, got it.
ImageImage
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

The stuff I found a while back turned out to some dailies.

Dino Might (The Fetish-binding one)

Direhorn vs. Devilsaur
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

From the new 5.2 patch notes:
Ancient Zandalari Knowledge (New) Learn the ancient Zandalari secrets of taming Direhorns.
*cough*Iwasright*cough* :P

Yes, I know they still might be exotic, :P That's just in regards to people who said "required skill" meant exotic, not a potential quest. xD
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I'm actually really excited to hear that it's not just 'It's an exotic!' as the requirement. I love the idea of being more involved then just running up and hitting the tame beast button. I'm also crossing my fingers for all you non-BM hunters that they stay non-exotic cause these are just too awesome to hoard in one spec. I'd rather see you guys enjoying the nifty pets as the spec you wanna be rather then just feeling like your forced to have a spec just for the 'oooo shiny'.

Challenge tames were ok, but man, I could tell you horror stories. I'm loving the tracking mechanic on the new ones, makes me feel involved without having to squabble over things or having that chance someone could end up screwing me over with the 'It's a RARE.' idea. [I don't even know how many times I had to tell people in cata that the rare hunter tameables WERE NOT part of some stupid achievement and only dropped a trash item.]

To me, I really feel like they are going to stay non-exotic because if you really stop and think about it....They are putting these out with some sort of 'If you really want it, this is how you get it.' progression alongside with the new devilsaur models so that it's coming off more like 'Hey, we put in these brand new dinos anyone can use, but don't feel bad BM....you get updated Devilsaurs!'

That's the way I see it anyway. :3

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Sickhuntz56
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sickhuntz56 »

I went ahead and made a thread on the new ability, so we can discuss methods of obtaining the skill, etc.

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Myzou wrote:From the new 5.2 patch notes:
Ancient Zandalari Knowledge (New) Learn the ancient Zandalari secrets of taming Direhorns.
*cough*Iwasright*cough* :P

Yes, I know they still might be exotic, :P That's just in regards to people who said "required skill" meant exotic, not a potential quest. xD
Nah, not exotic if you think of them in terms of turtles and beetles. Especially with the training skill coming from a drop oe quest reward.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kernhuntsmen

Unread post by Kernhuntsmen »

must have more stable space....new pets means i need more space.... cans i have please