PTR Unlock Schedule (Tentative)

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

PTR Unlock Schedule (Tentative)

Unread post by Kalliope »

I happened to catch this blue post that has the Isle of Thunder phase unlocking schedule on it. That gives us a fairly decent idea of the minimum ballpark for the length of this PTR. :)

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2530 ... -schedule/

Below is a tentative unlock schedule. This is of course subject to change and does not reflect patch release dates.

Active – PTR set to stage 0. The Sunreavers and Kirin-Tor will besiege the island from offshore.
Feb 8 – PTR set to Stage 1. You’ll be able to conquer a foothold on the island itself.
Feb 12– PTR set to stage 2. With your help, Jaina and Lor’themar will blast the walls and infiltrate the outer city.
Feb 15– PTR set to stage 3. Daring players can infiltrate the mines and blast open the doors to the Thunder Forge.
Feb 19 – PTR set to stage 4. Block further Zandalari reinforcements by overtaking the shipyard.
Feb 22 – PTR set to stage 5. Fight your way to the Thunder King’s front door! Jaina and Lor’themar will have a ... reckoning.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: PTR Unlock Schedule (Tentative)

Unread post by Chimera »

Im not in the PTR or anything but I just absolutely have to comment on something that gave me a huge lol.

I was reading the unlock stages and I happened to look over at your avatar of the blue devilsaur peering up over a grassy ledge with the word SOON above its head. I instantly got the crazy image of the dinosaurs suddenly turning as one large force upon everyone on the island and taking it over as a base of operations for well.. whatever dino's do :lol:

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Xakaal wrote:Im not in the PTR or anything but I just absolutely have to comment on something that gave me a huge lol.

I was reading the unlock stages and I happened to look over at your avatar of the blue devilsaur peering up over a grassy ledge with the word SOON above its head. I instantly got the crazy image of the dinosaurs suddenly turning as one large force upon everyone on the island and taking it over as a base of operations for well.. whatever dino's do :lol:
I believe it involves lots and LOTS of eating and stomping. :lol:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

That means the EARLIEST we could see the patch is March 12th.

They have said we'll have 2 weeks notice, so if they give us the notice the following Tuesday after the last unlock, then it'll be the 12th.

The 19th seems most likely though.

Or they can do it on the 26th and I'll have a birthday present in a Direhorn. ;D
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

That's good, gives us a good timeline estimate.

So we'll have 5.1 for at least 4 more weeks, likely 5. Means they still have time to fix models and add missing stuff, but also means that if you are near any hard progression point, you can take a break a bit waiting for the new stuff.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

This is... odd. I guess they're not planning on testing all the isle phases completely.
Of course we don’t tend to give out patch release dates ahead of time, because things can slip, but right now we’re targeting the last week of February.
If this is indeed going to happen on that date, we'll have the 2 weeks notice tomorrow. Unless that giant blue post this is taken from is considered the 2 week notice.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

That's indeed the two-week notice. You have been warned. Offer may expire, not valid in all states, void where prohibited, your mileage may vary.
Account has been closed at user's request.