WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:01 am 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Dethecus
Dysphoria wrote:
I just tamed Degu (for a bit of fun since I wont be taming any of the new SB's on Live) and I noticed that when tamed, none of the Ferocity, Tenacity or Cunning abilities appear in his SpellBook page. No matter what spec is chosen, none of the respective abilities (Heart of the Phoenix, Last Stand etc) are available in the SpellBook. None of my other pets have this issue, including new ones that I tamed on PTR. Has anyone else noticed this?

EDIT: Have tried re-logging and changing between BM and SV specs but issue persists.

It's a bizarre PTR bug. It's very inconsistent between hunters and pets. Hopefully it's just a PTR issue, anyway.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to LupisDarkmoon/Moonlost/Ket Shi/Karin/Thorka/Neilaren for the avatars and Vephriel (x3) & Methuselah/Pengupuff/Karin/TheDoomCookie (x2) & LupisDarkmoon/Thorka/TygerDarkstorm & LupisDarkmoon for the signatures!

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:03 am 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde
Dysphoria wrote:
I just tamed Degu (for a bit of fun since I wont be taming any of the new SB's on Live) and I noticed that when tamed, none of the Ferocity, Tenacity or Cunning abilities appear in his SpellBook page. No matter what spec is chosen, none of the respective abilities (Heart of the Phoenix, Last Stand etc) are available in the SpellBook. None of my other pets have this issue, including new ones that I tamed on PTR. Has anyone else noticed this?

EDIT: Have tried re-logging and changing between BM and SV specs but issue persists.

This seems to be a current bug with all new pets on the PTR. They even lack Cower. Even old pets that got transferred over are missing some of the abilities gained from their spec. My Loque has Heart of the Phoenix, but none of the other abilities like Dash or the passives.

Edit:
Kalliope got it while I was typing. ; ;

Seilahyn - Draenei BM Hunter ~ Xalyndrie - Worgen BM Hunter ~ Maoli - Pandaren BM Hunter
Lunakhovina - Resto Shaman ~ Vheaira - Feral Druid ~ Nireldia - Prot Paladin ~ Wintryth - Demo Warlock ~ Dhemabrie - Feral Druid ~ Baeraash - Resto Shaman
Need help? Seilahyn#1514

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:08 am 

Realm: Khaz'goroth
OK. Good to know it isn't only me. Definitely hope it's fixed for 5.2 otherwise it would be rather game breaking for hunters :P

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:10 am 
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Realm: Ghostlands
Slickrock wrote:
Junrei wrote:
Any tame previous to Pandaria was always been like that and Hunters have hated it. I know I have. I don't think a smaller spawn timer takes away from the accomplishment considering these porkies can and will kill you worse than Ghostcrawler.

Heartily disagree. If you don't like camping, that's fine. If you don't like the risk that botching your tame attempt means someone else might get the tame, that's fine.

But if you honestly think that a 5 minute respawn doesn't lower the accomplishment, I don't know what to say. Rares have been getting easier and easier to tame, even if you have to do some special dance to do the tame.

As I already said somewhere else here, the 5 minute timer will make them more rare, simply because those hunters that consider the "hunt" part of the challenge won't care at all about these.

You hit the nail on the head here. I would rather these guys have the normal few hour spawn time, it's not that long to wait especially since they don't path (Degu does but it's SUPER small, like, he might as well not path).

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:20 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Proudmoore
^ You just said you agreed with the person, then stated an opinion that was the exact opposite. I like the spawn timers. If someone decides to grief me while I'm taming, then I don't have to wait hours for it to spawn again, only to have it griefed again.

Random curiosity for anyone on the PTR: Can you wyvern sting them? >_> I've seen a feew pets immune to freezing that you could sleep.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:04 pm 

Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
That confused me as well, Myzou.

and the 1-2 hr spawn timers is still very short, which I'm perfectly fine with. 1 - 2hrs or 5 - 10 minutes. Either way it's short. :P I was saying I don't support the whole 6 - 24hr spawn timers (looking at you, Madexx.....)

JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:44 pm 

This debate belongs in another thread. All that needs to be said here is what the timers are currently and whether they've changed or not.

YouTube Edition
Thanks to LupisDarkmoon/Moonlost/Ket Shi/Karin/Thorka/Neilaren for the avatars and Vephriel (x3) & Methuselah/Pengupuff/Karin/TheDoomCookie (x2) & LupisDarkmoon/Thorka/TygerDarkstorm & LupisDarkmoon for the signatures!

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:25 pm 

Double posting for slight topic change. WHH highlighted this in the latest patch notes:

Quote:
Fite spectral porcupine fite! Three new spectral porcupine spirit beasts have appeared across Pandaria as tameable beasts, though taming them may provide quite a challenge.

I've updated the first post accordingly for full coverage.

YouTube Edition

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:35 pm 

Realm: Khaz'goroth
Myzou wrote:
Random curiosity for anyone on the PTR: Can you wyvern sting them? >_> I've seen a feew pets immune to freezing that you could sleep.

Nah. He can be slowed with Concussive Shot, Ice Trap, Glaive Toss, etc but not locked down with snares.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:27 pm 
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Realm: Bronzebeard
As far as I am aware the green porcupine is the easiest to tame and just requires a skill at kiting.

The red and blue, however, seem a lot more difficult than I would've hoped.

STOP. TWO SHOTTING. ME. DX

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:58 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal
Electraa wrote:
As far as I am aware the green porcupine is the easiest to tame and just requires a skill at kiting.

The red and blue, however, seem a lot more difficult than I would've hoped.

STOP. TWO SHOTTING. ME. DX

Owch. Time to put Deth'tilac skills into action.

deviantART ~ YouTube ~ Tumblr
Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks!

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:38 am 
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Realm: Ghostlands
Myzou wrote:
^ You just said you agreed with the person, then stated an opinion that was the exact opposite. I like the spawn timers. If someone decides to grief me while I'm taming, then I don't have to wait hours for it to spawn again, only to have it griefed again.

Not really, I'm talking about it lowering the accomplishment, I disagree with the last part, though. A simple 5min spawn time makes it a common, not a rare, and it's mechanics are easy tbh.
Edit: Also, it's unlikely someone can grief with pets with this much damage...

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:11 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord(US), Zul'jin(US), Whisperwind(US)
Kalliope saw me kiting the blue porcupine today. Heh.

I actually can't choose what color I want, I love all three of them but I only need one. x.x

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:25 pm 

*waves to Qinni* ;) You did well! Hope you can figure out who's going to stay with you. :)

The video should be up pretty soon; will post here when it is.

YouTube Edition

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:49 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yay! I always look forward to your videos! C:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 pm 

Same. I know this sounds creepy, but I love your voice. It's so... soothing.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | Steam: Eviesaurus

My YouTube Channel! (I do Pokémon TCG pack openings!)

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:54 pm 

Thanks. :D

Ta-da! http://youtu.be/LKikcuov0qQ

Basically, the whole video can be summed up by this:

But you should watch it anyway, as it simultaneously consolidates and expands on the information in the first post of this thread. :mrgreen: Some things really need visuals!

YouTube Edition

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:01 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Watched and commented on it! <3

I had no idea Ghostcrawler said something about them first! :O

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 pm 

Yep! We've actually been semi-expecting these three for seven months now! :lol: Although I don't think we ever imagined three....

YouTube Edition

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Now we need is a spirit crane like Chi-Ji accept not as important looking. C: (it would be weird having a tameable god model)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next