Skin copies (old skins on different models) in 5.2

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Skin copies (old skins on different models) in 5.2

Unread post by Wain »

Some skins that worked on other models but weren't available for them previously have now been copied over. So we could well see them on tameable beasts in the future.

(There's also a new tiger skin for the old models, Albino! But I'll put that in a separate post)

Elite Ravagers
The skins "CrawlerGreen", "CrawlerOrange" and "Crawler Purple" have been copied over from the regular Ravager model. So now there's three more colours the elite/extra spiky ravager can come in. Granted those three colours aren't enormously different to the three that it can already come in. There are nine other regular ravager skins that could be copied across (named Crawlervar1 to CrawlerVar9) but they haven't been yet. Hopefully they will be. As for the reverse, elite ravager skins on the regular model, that can't happen without some modification: the epic ravager skins are missing the alpha masks that the regular ravager model requires. The three new looks are:
Image CrawlerGreen (elite model)
Image CrawlerOrange (elite model)
Image CrawlerPurple (elite model)

Regular and hunched model tigers
The regular and hunched tigers share the same pool of skins, so the following applies to both of them. Sadly the skins that are only available for the frost sabre model (aqua, gold and lavender) haven't been copied over to regular tigers yet. But the skins that were used for the three Gondria style spirit beasts have been. They look freaky, but cool, on solid models:
ImageSpectralTigerBlue (regular model) ImageSpectralTigerBlue (hunched model)
ImageSpectralTigerGreen (regular model) ImageSpectralTigerGreen (hunched model)
ImageSpectralTigerPurple (regular model) ImageSpectralTigerPurple (hunched model)

Frost sabres
A heap of previously-unavailable skins have been copied across from the other model files.
Organic skins from regular tigers. Three out of four unavailable skins were copied. For some reason, green wasn't!
ImageLionessSkinGold
ImageTigerSkinBlackSpotted
ImageTigerSkinBlackStriped
Stone skins from regular tigers. They were all copied.
ImageTigerSkinAmber
ImageTigerSkinAmethyst
ImageTigerSkinBlackGem
ImageTigerSkinDiamond
ImageTigerSkinJade
ImageTigerSkinRuby
ImageTigerSkinSaphire
ImageTigerSkinTurquoise
Skins from the "spectral feral/ Gondria" model. Blue and purple were copied. Green (white) wasn't!
ImageSpectralTigerBlue
ImageSpectralTigerPurple

I wonder if this patch has caught the procedure mid-transfer. The skins that weren't copied make no sense otherwise. Unless they were accidentally missed. Hopefully they all will be, but this is a great start :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Re: Skin copies (old skins on different models) in 5.2

Unread post by Zangor »

this is very surprising but an excellent development! arent there still a few of the rares that where not used in 5.1 that these skins could belong to?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hopefully. This was something I was expecting as I sent Noah a list of skins that could be copied. It's not something he can do, but he passed it on to the art team. It looks like they've done most of them at least :)

It's a shame they didn't copy the green one to the frost sabre model yet, as I'll bet there were a few He Man enthusiasts that were waiting for it ;)
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ohyay!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Wain wrote:Hopefully. This was something I was expecting as I sent Noah a list of skins that could be copied. It's not something he can do, but he passed it on to the art team. It looks like they've done most of them at least :)

It's a shame they didn't copy the green one to the frost sabre model yet, as I'll bet there were a few He Man enthusiasts that were waiting for it ;)
This is probably maybe kind of sort of not really relevant.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Azunara wrote:
Wain wrote:Hopefully. This was something I was expecting as I sent Noah a list of skins that could be copied. It's not something he can do, but he passed it on to the art team. It looks like they've done most of them at least :)
This is probably maybe kind of sort of not really relevant.
Oh yes, that is disturbing yet hilarious :)
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Well at least the He Man enthusiasts have the Pandarian green tiger to hold 'em through.
And the green Shado-Pan tiger even has properly red armor :D

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr