WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Europe
Realm: Ghostlands
Gender: Female
Now, a lot of people seem to be unaware how to tame one of those awesome Direhorns, who make up for great Tanking pets. They are rather easy to tame, so I'll quickly upload a few pictures and some information to get your Direhorn!

Image

With the update for PTR, the Isle of Giants is full of Elite mobs, included these guys (The small Dinomancers). They are in the middle of the island, where Oondasta resided. They have about 3 Mio HP, but they do not hit hard so with a good tenacity pet and a few heals here and there you should be able too take them down. At some point of the fight, they change into a Devilsaur and hit a bit harder, but it should not be a big problem. After the DK and me killed about 3 of them, Ancient Tome of Dinomancy dropped!

Image

Just use it and BAM, you can tame Direhorns! And this new pet is NOT an exotic pet, so you can tame him in any spec.

Image

I hope my little tutorial helped some of you guys to get a Direhorn and have lots of fun with your cute, little dino!

Greetings, Gretadella!


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:43 pm 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:21 am
Posts: 114
Realm: Skullcrusher
Gretadella wrote:
Now, a lot of people seem to be unaware how to tame one of those awesome Direhorns, who make up for great Tanking pets. They are rather easy to tame, so I'll quickly upload a few pictures and some information to get your Direhorn!

Image

With the update for PTR, the Isle of Giants is full of Elite mobs, included these guys (The small Dinomancers). They are in the middle of the island, where Oondasta resided. They have about 3 Mio HP, but they do not hit hard so with a good tenacity pet and a few heals here and there you should be able too take them down. At some point of the fight, they change into a Devilsaur and hit a bit harder, but it should not be a big problem. After the DK and me killed about 3 of them, Ancient Tome of Dinomancy dropped!

Image

Just use it and BAM, you can tame Direhorns! And this new pet is NOT an exotic pet, so you can tame him in any spec.

Image

I hope my little tutorial helped some of you guys to get a Direhorn and have lots of fun with your cute, little dino!

Greetings, Gretadella!


I've Killed about 10 of these guys and still no drop. They don't even drop any loot at all. I am killing the Dinomancers. Any advice?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:45 pm 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:21 am
Posts: 114
Realm: Skullcrusher
Nvm. Finally dropped


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:46 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:00 pm
Posts: 615
I'm kind of glad that it's a drop. I just hope that when it gets to live, the drop rate isn't decreased. RNG really seems to hate me in those sorts of cases. On my warrior, I farmed for an eternity for the book that started the Quel Serrar chain back in Vanilla only to finally be given it as a gift. Shucks, last week I finally got the bindings off Garr for Thunderfury. I'd had the other half of the bindings since MC/BWL were endgame.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:54 pm 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 2:01 am
Posts: 146
Realm: Bloodscalp
Gender: Female
Yeah I was actually killing those guys, they don't drop any loot (At least normally) but if they drop this then heck yeah I am farming them once I can get back on. The servers are having some HUGE issues right now and I keep getting World Server Down XD


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:56 pm 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:21 am
Posts: 114
Realm: Skullcrusher
Drakkena wrote:
Yeah I was actually killing those guys, they don't drop any loot (At least normally) but if they drop this then heck yeah I am farming them once I can get back on. The servers are having some HUGE issues right now and I keep getting World Server Down XD


Restart the client and wait a few minutes. You should be all set. I've been getting "world server down" the past two days but this seems to fix the problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:12 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 9:17 pm
Posts: 550
Location: Portland, ME
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)
Gender: Female
Boven wrote:
I'm kind of glad that it's a drop. I just hope that when it gets to live, the drop rate isn't decreased. RNG really seems to hate me in those sorts of cases. On my warrior, I farmed for an eternity for the book that started the Quel Serrar chain back in Vanilla only to finally be given it as a gift. Shucks, last week I finally got the bindings off Garr for Thunderfury. I'd had the other half of the bindings since MC/BWL were endgame.


Definitely on your boat. I won't mind killing these guys if it doesn't prove to me how absolutely terrible my RNG is, like everything else. :lol:
I can see it now. 3 kills, 10 kills... and for me, 572.

_________________

Coxy#1419
Neilaren
Image
- SoundCloud (My Music) - Youtube Channel (My Videos) - Sketch Blog (My Drawings) -

Avatars by Seilahyn



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:14 pm 
Offline
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 pm
Posts: 1202
Location: Sholazar Basin
Realm: Garona, Bladefist, Nordrassil, Cenarion C. (US)
Gender: Robot
Oh I really hope these stay with the soul bound on pickup/loot and marked for hunters only. Hopefully that will keep people from killing the mobs to loot and sell those on the ah.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Europe
Realm: Ghostlands
Gender: Female
Shade wrote:
Oh I really hope these stay with the soul bound on pickup/loot and marked for hunters only. Hopefully that will keep people from killing the mobs to loot and sell those on the ah.
They are soulbound and I tested it with the DK and she could not pick it up so it is probably Hunter only.


Last edited by Gretadella on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:21 am
Posts: 114
Realm: Skullcrusher
Gretadella wrote:
Shade wrote:
Oh I really hope these stay with the soul bound on pickup/loot and marked for hunters only. Hopefully that will keep people from killing the mobs to loot and sell those on the ah.


They are soulbound and I tested it with the DK and she could not pick it up so it is probably Hunter only. :)


Do you think we'll be able to tame the raptor ones on the island?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Europe
Realm: Ghostlands
Gender: Female
Alauran wrote:
Do you think we'll be able to tame the raptor ones on the island?
The Devilsaurs are tameable in Beast Mastery Spec and how to tame the Direhorns is explained above. The Pterodactyls however are not tameable, sadly, since they look really cool.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Posts: 939
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male
I just basically begged Cory Stockton on Twitter if they would consider making the Pterrorwings tameable.



Let's hope for the best!

(well, not begged, really just asked. x) )

_________________
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:56 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:27 pm
Posts: 82
Realm: Lightbringer
Gender: female
Thank you for posting this. Sadly I can't get back on till weekend. New horde guild and I promised them I'd fill in their empty heal slot for their first mop raid....

_________________

Image


This is my 1rst attempt at making my own signature. Had to watch a tutorial to do this, it was fun. Enika is a worgen once more and I have a new hunter now so I need to make a new one of these.



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:04 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Posts: 939
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male
After around 22 kills, I finally got my tome on the premade char I was on.


I got it and tamed two Dire Horns.


.........................................


I'm leveling my hunter to 90. That is all.

For an ingame model, these Direhorns are darn charming creatures that look almost alive with their idle animations and the Reflective Armor Plating animation. Jeez.

Just looking at it die after using the Cower ( it causes the death animation to play ) makes me sadface. It looks so realistic.

_________________
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:10 pm 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 2:01 am
Posts: 146
Realm: Bloodscalp
Gender: Female
Me and another hunter friend of mine are farming these Trolls and still nothing has dropped yet. I hope they increase the droprate or something, I understand wanting to limit it at the beginning but on the PTR maybe making it a little more accessable for testing would work out, so we can find any bugs there might be for the Direhorns in general.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:21 pm 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 2:01 am
Posts: 146
Realm: Bloodscalp
Gender: Female
Image
Taming all 5 of these beauties and using Stampede without the Glyph is the most glorious thing in the world.

And yes, all of my Dinos (Save for Sarah) are named after Gems that match their color. I'm hoping everyone gets the reference for Sarah XD


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:42 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:13 pm
Posts: 535
Location: Salem, Ohio
Realm: Staghelm
Gender: Its a mystery
That's so cool. I am looking forward to this patch more than I thought I would, as I wasn't crazy about the direhorns at first, but the more I see them the more I like them.

The red ones are my favourite..

_________________

Image

Dragon scroll. Signature by Vephriel. Tumblr.
Flight Rising



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:31 pm
Posts: 48
Realm: Thunderlord
Gender: male
aww you called the brown one sarah... land before time reference!

_________________
ALPHABLADE http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... e/advanced

TUSKENHUNTER http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... r/advanced

3DS FC: 3110-5085-2138 / Pokémon Type: Ghost / Pokémon Available: Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Spiritomb / Pokémon Version: Y

LF: Shiny Honedge / Have extra Shiny Shuppet to trade


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:04 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 13586
Location: On the PTR (of course!)
Realm: Dethecus
Thank you so much for sharing! :)

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to LupisDarkmoon/Moonlost/Ket Shi/Karin/Thorka/Neilaren for the avatars and Vephriel (x3) & Methuselah/Pengupuff/Karin/TheDoomCookie (x2) & LupisDarkmoon/Thorka/TygerDarkstorm & LupisDarkmoon for the signatures!



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:06 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 am
Posts: 3158
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde
Gender: Female
Aha I knew it! Spent a bit of time killing these guys last night but had no luck. Guess I'll need to try again!

_________________

Image


Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group