Patch 5.2 | How to Tame - Direhorn

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Alauran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skullcrusher

Patch 5.2 | How to Tame - Direhorn

Unread post by Alauran »

WoW - Patch 5.2 | How to Tame - Direhorn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjSCYyqzWrk

Here is a video and steps in regards to taming a Direhorn, but I am sure a lot of you already know how to.

How to Tame A Direhorn
1. In order to tame a direhorn, hunters will need to find an Ancient Tome of Dinomancy, which drops from the Zandalari Dinomancers on the Isle of Giants. (It May take more than 10 mobs to obtain)
2. In Survival or Marksmanship Primal Direhorn (Small Triceratops) may be able to be tamed.
3. Devilsaur Raptors (Tyrannosaurus Rex) Can only be tamed with Ancient Tome of Dinomacy and In Beast Mastery
4. Primal Direhorn (Small Triceratops) have a spell called Reflective Armor Plating Channeled -- deflect all spells cast in front of the Direhorn for six seconds
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Re: Patch 5.2 | How to Tame - Direhorn

Unread post by Yoruko »

3. Devilsaur Raptors (Tyrannosaurus Rex) Can only be tamed with Ancient Tome of Dinomacy and In Beast Mastery
I don't think the devilsaurs on the isle require the tome? I tamed one of the blue devilsaur without the tome yesterday. :) Of course, unless they changed it during the time I've been logged out for sleep.
Alauran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Alauran »

Yoruko wrote:
I don't think the devilsaurs on the isle require the tome? I tamed one of the blue devilsaur without the tome yesterday. :) Of course, unless they changed it during the time I've been logged out for sleep.
You are probably correct. I tamed a Raptor after acquiring a tome. I figured you would need to have learn it but it appears you don't.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

lol where have you been the past 2 expansions? Devilsaurs where introduced as an exotic family for BM only in Wrath. since that was already established it would make no sense to require a new skin for them to have a specific spell requirment other than then Exotic Beasts spell.
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

Zangor wrote:lol where have you been the past 2 expansions? Devilsaurs where introduced as an exotic family for BM only in Wrath. since that was already established it would make no sense to require a new skin for them to have a specific spell requirment other than then Exotic Beasts spell.
A little rude much? :/ He got it wrong, but I could understand why he thought we might've needed the tome. Since the devilsaurs on this isle have a new model, they could've possibly been classed as a different species of devilsaur that needed a tome to tame. I know that's not the case, but as Yoruko said, he only tamed a devilsaur after he got that tome.

Also, for the record, he might not've been playing WoW for the last two expansions. ;)

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

Doh....sorry didnt mean to sound so cynical and rude. i do like that you tried to give the information out despite the accuracy being off. really helpful especially the video.
Alauran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Alauran »

Zangor wrote:Doh....sorry didnt mean to sound so cynical and rude. i do like that you tried to give the information out despite the accuracy being off. really helpful especially the video.
NP. Unfortunately I haven't played a hunter since vanilla. So When the ptr comes about I try to gather as much information for every class. So I won't be able to know every single detail about each class. The only class that I do play and know is a Mage.