Pet Families that you feel should be larger in size

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Pet Families that you feel should be larger in size

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

There are some families out there that honestly feel like they should be larger. While we all understand the issues of having a large pet and targeting, this is not to say we should increase the size that dramatic. What I am saying is, some species of pets feel they are so small, they are not far away from being Battle pets. While it works on some families for the adorable-only value: Porcupines and Monkeys for example. Some beasts need attention.

My list: Basilisks
Wasps
Scorpids
Dogs
Direhorns
Crocolisks
Warp Stalkers
Moths
Arcane Serpents (They shouldn't be only a few inches off the ground)
Bears
Crabs

What's your opinion on the subject?
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Re: Pet Families that you feel should be larger in size

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Porcupines. >_>

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Porcupines for sure; the fact that they are so stinking tiny is part of the reason I dislike them when tamed.

Once upon a time I would have said demon dogs, but after taming Runt on my blood elf huntress, his size is what ended up giving him his name and personality.

I know many won't agree with me on this, but I actually think devilsaurs could stand to be a little taller, especially compared to their wild brethren (not that I want a dino that tall, mind you).

And while I don't think chimaeras need to be any bigger, I do think a lot more people would tame them if they hovered around shoulder or head level. As it is their wingspan gets in the way of clicking, but I don't want to see their overall size shrink.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I prefer smaller pets. I love the size of porcupines, seagulls, crows. I am surprised you have moths on your list; they don't seem particularly small to me.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

GormanGhaste wrote:I prefer smaller pets. I love the size of porcupines, seagulls, crows. I am surprised you have moths on your list; they don't seem particularly small to me.
Well I may be a big fan of Mothra, so. :P
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

PorrasouxRex wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:I prefer smaller pets. I love the size of porcupines, seagulls, crows. I am surprised you have moths on your list; they don't seem particularly small to me.
Well I may be a big fan of Mothra, so. :P
I grew up watching those old movies with my brother :)
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I don't think any of the ones in your list, except maybe the Porcupines, need to be bigger, especially not the Wasps.

To the contrary, I think some should be smaller, like the Rhinos.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Danielfboone wrote:I don't think any of the ones in your list, except maybe the Porcupines, need to be bigger, especially not the Wasps.

To the contrary, I think some should be smaller, like the Rhinos.
But the wasps aren't ridiculously huge as they were before. Now they're just small, buzzing bugs.

Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

Dogs, direhorns, and porcupines could stand to be a little bigger, in my opinion, but I completely disagree with the rest of the list. In fact, I think that crabs should be smaller. Beetles are a bit too large for my tastes, as well.

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

See, I'm the kind of hunter who likes big, intimidating pets. I am also a tauren, and unlike the majority of hunters, my size makes my pets look like they're just dead-weight. I know someone'll say "Oh just race-change." Nah, I've been a tauren hunter since end-BC. Never switching.

Guess it wouldn't hurt if Blizzard gave us options with minor glyphs. So we can have smaller AND big options.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

PorrasouxRex wrote: Arcane Serpents (They shouldn't be only a few inches off the ground)

What's your opinion on the subject?
I like this idea too, for me I would love some of the other flying pets to be "flying" higher off the ground too.

Not to go back to the flying pets that could Actually fly, but just bump them up a few more feet.
Owls tail feathers to not clip through the ground, Arcane serpents to float through the air (rather than gitter wiggle :D ) and all other flappy, feathery, floaty friends to have a sense of a more "overhead" presence.
Death From ABOVE!!!

Anyways, that would certainly make me happy.

As for size wise…

I know some pets could have a better presence to them if they were a little larger, but now that we are getting some amazingly high detailed, beautifully rendered new pets, it could also be a to the visual detriment of older pets/models

Eg.
The new frog/toad skin, some have said that could make an awesome new hunter pet or even boss mob… but could you imagine if they tried to do that with the old frog?
This is where the line gets blurry…
I want my new kitty skin to be bigger (sure thing) but now my old kitty skin looks terrible at that size!?! (oh noes?!?) = conundrum.
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Dogs and Porcupines should be bigger. The rest are fine as they are to me.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Size is often a deal-breaker with me when it comes to pets; I vastly prefer larger pets, and there are not many which really are large. I feel that certain pets should naturally be big and impressive-looking, like devilsaurs, and when you play one of the taller races, pets also need to be that little bit taller to pull off that effect.

The pet that is a major let-down in size for me is the dire horn. They could definitely be bigger. I have been on the fence about whether or not to get one, but the small size is really putting me off.

I've had my rhino for quite a while, but he feels smaller than he should. I wouldn't mind if they were bigger.

I only kept a crab briefly as a pet, but I do remember them being quite small. They could use a bit of an increase in my opinion.

Of course, there's highly practical reasons why our pets aren't massive, but it would be nice to have a way of increasing their size a bit that perhaps does not work in dungeons, battlegrounds or arenas. Just a little vanity item or glyph.

WTB [Glyph of Greater Proportions].
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Yaks, they should go from a non-existent pet size to one I can actually see xD But seriously, I agree with porcupines, and actually I think the direhorns are too small. I mean, quilen are bigger. The demon dogs and even the regular dogs are also a tad on the small size. Seagulls and ravens could also stand to be enlarged slightly but of course the smallness is part of their charm. To be fair, it doesn't help that I play a night elf who is at least a head taller than human hunters and probably taller than all other Alliance race hunters. For dwarves or goblins the problem is probably less, and for tauren even more than for me.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Romolus
Realm: Vashj

Unread post by Romolus »

I truly believe that Devilsaurs are way too small, I know tanks would hate it, but if you have a T-rex, you don't want a baby t-rex. But I have a feeling that the size of direhorns are gonna disappoint me as well.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I do like the size of porcupines and it's adorableness, but I really wouldn't mind if they were larger.
Other... I actually wouldn't mind if devilsaurs were just a tad larger. :P I also wish mastiffs were larger. Yeah I guess they're big but they could be bigger! I dunno. :P I'm okay with their size but they look really small next to my worgen. And arcane serpents would be nice to increase the size just to slow down their running animations a bit. I've gotten used to it but sometimes I look at them running and
I'm like "woah twitchy!" Scorpids, especially the Madexx models feel small but they're probably fine. Larger bears would be super awesome. Like man come one thye're BEARS! Give em that bear size! I mean they're fine but man imagine if they were larger! XD
And direhorns. Please. They're just so small, dinosaurs like that need to be BIG!

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I guess I can agree Devilsaurs are too small too. I want them to be bigger...Corehounds too.

LisaaraPokefarm

Edanna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bored of all gaming, what else is new XD

Unread post by Edanna »

This isn't so much about the families as it is certain species for me.

The old bc spiky spiders used to love them! Just recently and several times before I tamed one and the size was obviously shrunken :( making it impossible to bond with the pet like I used to.

The black and red devil dog my most favourite pet ever due to how much I used him, named him prototype coz I loved the game and the name suited him... Anyways recently tamed it on my panda and hunter some time ago and I couldn't bond with the pet due to its size :( he had obviously been shrunk as well and I kind of wonder why when to begin with they were never that big.

Besides that there's several out there that don't need to be so small because most of them were never that big to begin with.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Junrei wrote:I guess I can agree Devilsaurs are too small too. I want them to be bigger...Corehounds too.
Oh yeah bigger corehounds would be fun! :D

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

TheDoomcookie wrote:
Junrei wrote:I guess I can agree Devilsaurs are too small too. I want them to be bigger...Corehounds too.
Oh yeah bigger corehounds would be fun! :D
Like I'm not asking for insanely huge but...if I'm as tall as them or taller, somethin's wrong here. XD

LisaaraPokefarm