the hc scenarios..

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

the hc scenarios..

Unread post by Ana »

Im really sad that you cannot que for lfg.. but have to look for ppl.. trade chat is alrdy filled with ppl spamming for lfg with way higher ilvl then required. I really hope this will change or i will have to wait to do them til i have 3 lvl 90´s on different accounts so i can do them my self.... HATE having to lfg in trade...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: the hc scenarios..

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, I only plan to run them when friends are on. They shouldn't need to be on the same server or anything, so hopefully you can find two others to run with now and then.

Just moving this to WoW General, since no new posts should be started here now that 5.3 is live.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Well normally I'm not one to be picky about ilvl when pugging things, but these Heroic Scenarios are actually pretty tough. At least for 3 dps anyways. We get through them alright, but if you want to get the timed bonus you need very high dps. There are also more adds and everything hits way harder. You might not be able to do it by yourself. If you were on US realms I'd have no problem bringing you along.

Basically I'm just saying I totally understand why people are looking for high ilvls. I have a 516 ilvl and was told I wasn't geared enough lol. Myself and 2 guildies ended up doing them just fine though. 511,514,515 ilvl. Though I don't like the idea of putting groups together before queuing. Maybe they could have made an ilvl req at least.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Tårnfalk wrote:Im really sad that you cannot que for lfg.. but have to look for ppl.. trade chat is alrdy filled with ppl spamming for lfg with way higher ilvl then required. I really hope this will change or i will have to wait to do them til i have 3 lvl 90´s on different accounts so i can do them my self.... HATE having to lfg in trade...
The intention is that you run it with friends or guildies (I know, the two need not be the same) not randoms.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Zhinru wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:Im really sad that you cannot que for lfg.. but have to look for ppl.. trade chat is alrdy filled with ppl spamming for lfg with way higher ilvl then required. I really hope this will change or i will have to wait to do them til i have 3 lvl 90´s on different accounts so i can do them my self.... HATE having to lfg in trade...
The intention is that you run it with friends or guildies (I know, the two need not be the same) not randoms.
Except the amount of people actually doing that is astronomically low.

It's like if they made AV only queuable if you had 40 friends.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Myzou wrote:
Zhinru wrote:

my only friend on wow is my husband and i like it to remain that way.... and i agree Myzou i would love to put this in the auto lfg

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Well, really, you want to do these with some people you know are decent. I've done two, and both have been painful, as I did them with random people from my very large guild, and while I was doing 70-90k, there was each time a dps doing 25-35k. Ouch. I wouldn't touch these in LFG unless they required at least a 480 ilvl.

Also, make sure that you do the quest that you get for the first one. You are guaranteed a 516 item, and many people are getting weapons.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Slickrock

Tårnfalk wrote:
Myzou wrote:
Zhinru wrote:

my only friend on wow is my husband and i like it to remain that way.... and i agree Myzou i would love to put this in the auto lfg
If you intentionally choose to isolate yourself in an MMO, you can't really fault the developer for making all content cater to players who want to avoid interaction.

One of the great complaints right now is that LFR and LFG have removed much of the social interaction, this is an attempt by Blizz to remedy that.

It's fine to choose a solitary path in WoW, just don't expect Blizz to make all that content suitable for that play style choice.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

hehe true ;) but i´ve tried all that high lvl raid guild society and it just wasnt for me. I dont mind they making it grp only if the quest linie isnt a part of the lore (story) - so i miss something (other then loot) because i cannot (will not to some) do the grp thingies.

My best friend the husband <3 is my only RL friend who plays wow anyway - and due to many years of mmorpg i no longer wish a virtuel family like a guild with other ppl. I know its my fault but i feel a little sad that im going to miss out of a story linie... buuu :P

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I've only done one so far but it wasn't noticeably harder than a normal scenario, just everything has a lot more health so overall it took longer. Actually I did the entire thing thinking it was set to normal and only noticed after we were done that it was heroic. Someone said it felt like a 5-man heroic dungeon done with 3 people and I think that sounds about right. We did end up with a tank, dps and heal group but I pet tanked throughout without a problem.
Slickrock

Tårnfalk wrote:hehe true ;) but i´ve tried all that high lvl raid guild society and it just wasnt for me. I dont mind they making it grp only if the quest linie isnt a part of the lore (story) - so i miss something (other then loot) because i cannot (will not to some) do the grp thingies.

My best friend the husband <3 is my only RL friend who plays wow anyway - and due to many years of mmorpg i no longer wish a virtuel family like a guild with other ppl. I know its my fault but i feel a little sad that im going to miss out of a story linie... buuu :P
Do they allow for CRZ? If so, you could group with some people here.

Not sure about your server, but they are servers with good low-pressure casual guilds.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

im eu ;) most of u guyes are us :D but else i would not mind you guyes.. i like you ;)

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I'm EU too! :3

I've done my first HC scenario today, just to give it a try, with some random guildie dps and a trade-puged healer, all of us ilvl around 500-515. It was the crypts (which is one of my favs in normal mode - quick, fun and even quicker) and we missed the bonus timer by like 15-20secs. Would probably have made it if my Otso wasn't in tank spec (since I didn't know what to expect, so better safe than sorry) - he could have tanked it all as a dps just as well.

Overall I pretty much liked it. It was nice, for a change, not just charge blindly, but have to watch your hp as well.
Also having to queue with a pre-made makes a lot of sense. It's not that kind of a scenario difficulty that you can finish in two, or even one, if you end up with two Donalds (happened to me on normals a few times, was a blast, love soloing stuff like that :P) or if some anonymous sod decides to randomly go afk on the bonus phase and trashes your attempt. It's best to go with guildies, or at least people you know.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Slickrock

Myrrmi wrote:I'm EU too! :3

I've done my first HC scenario today, just to give it a try, with some random guildie dps and a trade-puged healer, all of us ilvl around 500-515. It was the crypts (which is one of my favs in normal mode - quick, fun and even quicker) and we missed the bonus timer by like 15-20secs. Would probably have made it if my Otso wasn't in tank spec (since I didn't know what to expect, so better safe than sorry) - he could have tanked it all as a dps just as well.

Overall I pretty much liked it. It was nice, for a change, not just charge blindly, but have to watch your hp as well.
Also having to queue with a pre-made makes a lot of sense. It's not that kind of a scenario difficulty that you can finish in two, or even one, if you end up with two Donalds (happened to me on normals a few times, was a blast, love soloing stuff like that :P) or if some anonymous sod decides to randomly go afk on the bonus phase and trashes your attempt. It's best to go with guildies, or at least people you know.
Yeah, the Donalds can mess you up on these, especially since there are only 3 people.

The valor gain is really nice though... do a few LFRs, then Champions, and 3 or so of these, and it's easy to cap valor for the week.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Tårnfalk wrote:I'm really sad that you cannot queue for lfg.. but have to look for ppl.. trade chat is already filled with ppl spamming for lfg with way higher ilvl then required. I really hope this will change or i will have to wait to do them till i have 3 lvl 90´s on different accounts so i can do them myself.... HATE having to lfg in trade...
It would be a nightmare trying to do them with random people...I understand and respect why they have it set up this way. You can't just burn through these like the heroics, you have to make sure you don't pull too many mobs at once.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

Rolled through one with two DKs and me on my hunter. The most difficult part was keeping both of them from charging off by themselves and getting murdered. Oddly, my pet could tank the mobs much better, and safer, than the blood DK could..
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:Yeah, I only plan to run them when friends are on. They shouldn't need to be on the same server or anything, so hopefully you can find two others to run with now and then.

Just moving this to WoW General, since no new posts should be started here now that 5.3 is live.
Wain I have a bear tank (482ish) , ele shaman (480) and my hunter (508) if you and spirit need help :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

AdamSavage wrote:
It would be a nightmare trying to do them with random people...I understand and respect why they have it set up this way. You can't just burn through these like the heroics, you have to make sure you don't pull too many mobs at once.
hehe i think no matter who i did them with it would be a nightmare ;) I´m not very good at the tactic stuff .. well i can move from things on the ground and such but else.... i just wanna stand and dps in a grp.... im sure if i HAD more rl friends who played wow they would think i was a nuisance... i´m such a noob ;) :lol: :lol:

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I just don't see why they didn't just add a warning pop-up if you're alone and queue.

Like "Heroic Scenarios are tuned for an organized group. By grouping with two strangers, you have a high risk of failing the heroic scenario and only having the run count as a regular scenario."
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Myzou wrote:I just don't see why they didn't just add a warning pop-up if you're alone and queue.

Like "Heroic Scenarios are tuned for an organized group. By grouping with two strangers, you have a high risk of failing the heroic scenario and only having the run count as a regular scenario."
Because 90% of people would just click it off without reading and then complain they weren't able to complete the scenario. Yes, they could respond to that on forums explaining what the person in question did wrong, but that kind of "damage control" is in general not very effective. It's better to make the unintended behavior harder to limit the amount of people who face the unfavorable condition.