Rants/raves/thoughts on 5.3

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Re: Rants/raves/thoughts on 5.3

Unread post by Demonicow »

hello its been awhile since i been on the forums i have calculated that 600% damage every 20 secs doesnt amount to 50% every second so in the time it takes for u to do 600% with Blink Strike Blink Strikes will have done 1000% if i am correct also the nerf to exotic beasts is just stupid and boy am i pissed :evil: the 30 extra stable slots makes me happy but with the changes to intimidation and binding shot its like bm isnt worth anything except exotic pets it makes me want to quit playing alltogether and i agree there should be a set of changes for a pvp side and for pve side when u get flagged u should switch to pvp settings and vice versa when not flagged why ruin pve with pvp and vice versa when u can have both aspects of the game seperated and with the change to exotic beasts i really hope we dont loose to much pet dps from it i think for our troubles ghostcrawler should send us a message telling us how sorry he is for blizzards lack of thought and for us hunters a tome that allows us to tame hydras just like direhorns
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

you are forgetting that a GCD is saved with the Blink Strikes change, and as a passive ability it may provide more pet uptime. (I do wonder how that will work with pets that attack at range...)

I'm also wondering for BM about turning off some of those special abilities, and allowing the extra focus for regular attacks with Blink Strikes.

But yes, BM is becoming less "different" as same time BM abilities/utilities are being taken away or nerfed, while a Blue stated that hunter specs need more differentiation.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Slickrock wrote:you are forgetting that a GCD is saved with the Blink Strikes change, and as a passive ability it may provide more pet uptime. (I do wonder how that will work with pets that attack at range...)

I'm also wondering for BM about turning off some of those special abilities, and allowing the extra focus for regular attacks with Blink Strikes.

But yes, BM is becoming less "different" as same time BM abilities/utilities are being taken away or nerfed, while a Blue stated that hunter specs need more differentiation.
Turning them off is mostly better in PvE. Tanks complain about spiders webbing things for example.
Slickrock

Danielfboone wrote:
Slickrock wrote:you are forgetting that a GCD is saved with the Blink Strikes change, and as a passive ability it may provide more pet uptime. (I do wonder how that will work with pets that attack at range...)

Turning them off is mostly better in PvE. Tanks complain about spiders webbing things for example.
With the incoming nerfs, no one is going to bring one of those anyway...
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh, where to start....

1. Spiders are not good PvE pets to begin with.
2. They're not even on the nerf list because stuns and such are getting hit, not roots.
3. Either way, autocast should not be on for movement-impending pet abilities in raids.

I'm all for grumbling about the changes, but there's nothing even to complain about here, heh.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

When I raid, I pretty much bring whatever pet I feel like looking at for an hour or so. All the buffs are covered in a 25man, and no one wants any of the CC/control abilities because they tend to screw up the tanks' plans. I don't even worry about bringing a quilen because with fifty DKs and druids around, there's plenty of b'rezzes to go around too (and people in LFR rarely bother to b'rez you unless you're the tank anyway.) I know logic would dictate pets with an aoe (worms, chimerae) would boost your numbers on trash, at least, but honestly I don't find this is the case. Besides, it's 'one more button to juggle' and half the time they're out of focus and can't cast anyway.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Slickrock

Nachtwulf wrote:When I raid, I pretty much bring whatever pet I feel like looking at for an hour or so. All the buffs are covered in a 25man, and no one wants any of the CC/control abilities because they tend to screw up the tanks' plans. I don't even worry about bringing a quilen because with fifty DKs and druids around, there's plenty of b'rezzes to go around too (and people in LFR rarely bother to b'rez you unless you're the tank anyway.) I know logic would dictate pets with an aoe (worms, chimerae) would boost your numbers on trash, at least, but honestly I don't find this is the case. Besides, it's 'one more button to juggle' and half the time they're out of focus and can't cast anyway.
Yep, although in my 25-man raid I occasionally need to bring a quillen as we have been short on brezzes before (or need to back them up).

But it can be a very different picture in 10-man for the buffs.

I'm now looking seriously at SV as it looks like I'll be full-time raiding on my hunter once we start ToT next week (over my spriest).