What would you like to be tameable in 5.3?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Re: What would you like to be tameable in 5.3?

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Hurm....

Beavers. I think we were meant to have these already. They pop up when you call your Dire beasts in some areas. Especially cool would be the thunder beaver model.

Lynxes: More of them. We only have two colors. A tawny brown and orange red. Why not add more to the game instead of 50 versions of the tiger model? Not that I dislike the tiger model, but spread the love.

Wolverines: No models in the game just now, but we have 'Wolverine people" So I'd really like wolverine pets.

Rats: With 55 slots, who wouldn't want at least one ROUS?? A big ol rat would be fun to sick on people.

Ferrets/weasels: I think they could be made interesting in Wow. Maybe have them be 6 legged or something, but fun.

Sprite Darters. Want these something fierce. Most especially with the Fairy Dragon mount coming. If we could tame Sprite Darters, my wife would "SQUEE" for days.

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Wain wrote:The unarmoured version of the new bat model exists, and has quite a few nice skins. The body and wing textures are all there but WMV has no "combined" skin data, where the model will display the body and wing texture together. So you end up with a body with blank wings. A few other models do this too. If there's a workaround for this I don't know it.

Why they didn't use them for the new ToT bats, I don't know.
Oh I see. I checked the archives for 5.2 and sure enough, that's what I had seen. Thanks for explaining it xD

I wonder if they had intended to use these for the ToT bats but were not able to complete the model before patch release - after all, it's not like shiny new bat models would be imperative to the raid or anything. Or maybe they are a WIP intended for upcoming patches. Your guess is as good as mine, heh. Actually, your guess is probably better than mine.

I guess I should officially add the new bat model to my list of desired tames.

They could make a good replacement for the Canopy Screechers in Krasarang Wilds also. Those guys scared the living crap out of me the first time I saw them while flying around the tree line (without knowing they existed pffft). Because of that, I like 'em. It would be kinda neat if they made them more special looking.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Beavers. I think we were meant to have these already. They pop up when you call your Dire beasts in some areas. Especially cool would be the thunder beaver model.

Rats: With 55 slots, who wouldn't want at least one ROUS?? A big ol rat would be fun to sick on people.
Maybe we should have a Rodent family one day (except porcupines, but including gnome-bred Giant Nether Hamsters). Ability? "Cute charm" that works like succubus's seduction. :D
Mekhit
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Mekhit »

I would love to have a skin to tame the same as the Charhounds from molten front
also hydras would be nice
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Hydras
Talbuks
Stags
Gazelles
Zevhras
Giraffes
Thunderlizzards
Kodos
Mushans
Beavers
Racoons
Dimetrodons
Pterrorwings/Pterrordax
Pythons

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Hahaha I would totally run around with a ROUS as my pet :D
funk#1402

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I would love to have a Dire Rat! I named one of my Sumprush Rodents R O U S :)
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Lot I forgot to add, now that I think about it. Talbuks would be awesome, they can go with goats, as can the ram mount models. There are only but so many in game, but still, the same goes for sporebats and they made those tameable! Heck, even in BC sporebats couldn't even learn anything like bite, claw or smack and they were made tameable. Diemetradons would be pretty awesome, we can add them to crocs if anything. Hydras, hydras, hydras, gotta have those toooo! And the Isle of Thunder compies would be nice as well, their cuteness taunts me. I'd love to have a Northrend yeti or even a Pandarian yeti, we could put those in with gorillas or even make them their own family. The whole "they're intelligent, can't do it" line doesn't make sense... we're able to tame powerful spirits of nature, one of which (Loque'nahak) being the mate to a -god-. Spirit beasts are quite possibly demi-gods all on their own, yet we're able to just tame them in a few seconds (except for the new porcupines and such). The standing-on-two-feet yetis, I could see them being untameable still, as they are a bit too human. But the Northrend yeti is so bestial and monstrous! I'd love to have one! Also, the rockflayers from Outland. Why are they humanoid? Why do they drop cash? I've seen 0 signs of intelligence in them. I mean, if I saw one talk, that'd be different... come on, Blizzard! Give me a rockflayer! Just make it easy on yourselves and put them in the Ravager family!

/rant over, sorry guys. ;_; So many things I've wanted to tame over the years... this would probably be more spaced out but I only signed up recently even though I've been a Petopia reader for a few years.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

PrimalTazza wrote:Also, the rockflayers from Outland. Why are they humanoid? Why do they drop cash? I've seen 0 signs of intelligence in them. I mean, if I saw one talk, that'd be different... come on, Blizzard!
But they do talk!

"Raaaaawwwwrrararrrrrrr" means "Here, taste this laminated conglomeratic mudrock. It's simply divine!"
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

PrimalTazza wrote:But the Northrend yeti is so bestial and monstrous! I'd love to have one! Also, the rockflayers from Outland. Why are they humanoid? Why do they drop cash? I've seen 0 signs of intelligence in them. I mean, if I saw one talk, that'd be different... come on, Blizzard! Give me a rockflayer! Just make it easy on yourselves and put them in the Ravager family!
On both yetis and rock flayers, there's lore we just haven't heard about yet. Rock flayers were an option for a playable race, albeit fairly low-priority one. Yetis have a culture we haven't seen yet.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Talbuks, just Talbuks.

Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

1. Zombie Bear!
2. Tortos! (aaaand Niuzao, and Chi-Ji, and Xuen!)
3. Stone Direhorns.
4. Clefthooves.
5. Gyreworms.
6. Kuchong.
7. Pythons.
8. Ungulates. (As many as possible)
9. Hydras.
10. EVERYTHING!!! (especially druids) Also new bears, sporebats, bats, hyenas and other unloved pet families in general.

[Edit] I forgot one that I've wanted to tame forever: The Silver Gem Crab.
Last edited by Alastiel on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

5.2 is such a tease for me. So many dinosaurs, but only Direhorns and Devilsaurs are tameable. It would be great if they added the riding raptors on the Isle of Thunder as tameable, but most out of all I wish they'd add the new Skyscreamers/Pterrorwings and the gem/stone Direhorn colours. New shiny things aside, my love still goes out to hydras. :)
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I actually would love to see a blue corehound. I think it would look pretty awesome and just a simple recolor so wouldn't take too long.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

1. ALL of the Dinosaurs.
2. More kinds of birds, like the Thunder Birds.
3. Fel Stalkers. Merely wishful thinking, of course, but considering they aren't sapient and Hellboars were made tameable, one can assume that there's a chance for these as well, but then of course they're still demons that warlocks can summon, so that's essentially a giant wall that needs to be gotten over.
4. Hell hounds.
5. Hydras.
6. The new bats.
7. Most kinds of Cloud Serpents, considering most Thundering Cloud Serpents and Heavenly Cloud Serpents appear to be sapient.
8. More Sporebats.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Druids. haha
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Snails
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Bulletdance wrote:Snails
Special Ability: Wipe LFR Raid
<Instantly kills any who are too stupid or distracted to get out of the way. 1 sec cooldown>
sXe Angel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Vek'Nilash (US - Ally)

Unread post by sXe Angel »

Beaver/Platypus because I want a green one to name Perry. Phineas & Ferb ftw!
http://i28.tinypic.com/11szgx1.jpg
^Supports my theory that CM Punk would roll a hunter in WoW.^
Maggien
Realm: Arygos

Unread post by Maggien »

hydras, beavers, and pterrorwings! :D
Signature Credit : TygerDarkstorm