What would you like to be tameable in 5.3?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Hazzal
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: What would you like to be tameable in 5.3?

Unread post by Hazzal »

It would make my LIFE if I could tame a Cloud Serpent, since they're treated as beasts in Pandaria.

Other than that, some of the existing skins made tamable.

Charhounds as wolves or dogs (maybe in a rare form?)
Non-spectral looking Spirit Beasts
Rares that are similar in appearance to the August Celestials
Some of the beautiful, highly-detailed mount models in tamable form!
Expansion of the underrepresented, weird BC pets (Sporebats, Nether Rays, Warpstalkers). New models, skins etc
Rams added to the Goat family
Tamable Hawkstriders added to the Tallstrider family
Lobsters added to Crab family
Pythons added to Serpent family
Mana Wyrms added to Serpent family
Sandreavers added to the Silithid family
Albino cats added to the cat family (skin exists)
Tortos model tamable (rare?)
Windsteeds added to Quilin family
Last edited by Hazzal on Wed May 01, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

With 5.3 looming on the horizon ever closer, I'd have to say I'm actually content with what he have available. I mean, with 55 stable slots to look forward to, I'd much rather prefer taming 30 additional pets instead of struggling to cram 25 pets into a stable and resisting the urge to not tame like 37 other new things.

Of course, if I HAD to pick something I'd like to see become tameable in the new patch, I'd probably have to go with Spirit of Ha-Khalan, the ghost croc. Sure, I probably won't use him over my Crocoslime anytime soon, but hey, it's nice to have more options available. Plus, he really should be made tameable again at this point.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Talbuks and gazelles are the only "families" that aren't tameable that I think I'd flip my lid over at this point. Beyond that it's just a bit of rounding-out here and there. Svelter (more svelte? "svelter" seems wrong somehow haha) core hounds and chimaeras (and possibly quilen) because using big bulky pets always bothers me and I can't cover core hound/chimaera abilities with other families. Tortos and Xuen (more Tortos than Xuen for me but I'm happy with my cat(s) but not with my turtle/beetle), maybe some armored Shado-Pan tigers to match the mounts, a non-stompy version of the armored green dragonturtle. More places to get some of the scarab skins that are still only available for a very limited time during phased bits of Uldum quests (I wish I knew what I did with my dark blue scarab. Probably ditched him for the mini-beetle from Naxx back when that was a Thing, and then ditched Miles when he was no longer tiny and I needed the stable space :/)

Oh man. Talbuks/Gazelles as a family with sunder or physical vuln as the family ability. I think that might actually be the best-case scenario for my stable, since I don't really have any adored pets in those six families already :9~
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Xella wrote:More places to get some of the scarab skins that are still only available for a very limited time during phased bits of Uldum quests (I wish I knew what I did with my dark blue scarab. Probably ditched him for the mini-beetle from Naxx back when that was a Thing, and then ditched Miles when he was no longer tiny and I needed the stable space :/)
Have you gone back and checked the Chamber of the Stars recently? I believe they are no longer phased out.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Xella wrote:More places to get some of the scarab skins that are still only available for a very limited time during phased bits of Uldum quests (I wish I knew what I did with my dark blue scarab. Probably ditched him for the mini-beetle from Naxx back when that was a Thing, and then ditched Miles when he was no longer tiny and I needed the stable space :/)
Have you gone back and checked the Chamber of the Stars recently? I believe they are no longer phased out.
Even if they are still phased out, just check the coordinates on Wowhead and place down an ice trap. It'll un-phase them.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Oh, you're right—the ice trap thing does indeed pull them out of phase. I never knew :3 Well, even better then! Hopefully that keeps working into 5.3 (I just flat out don't have room right now without ditching a Portent or two, and inevitably the colour(s) I ditch will be the ones I can never find again post-patch).
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

i know i've said it already, but...

penguins!
pterrodax!

plus stags, shoveltusks and pythons :)
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Nerubian Flyers
and more bipedal pet please XD