Patch getting closer?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Patch getting closer?

Unread post by Aggannor »

Today when I logged in to WoW, I noticed that my launcher was "downloading date for upcoming patch". Has anyone else had this yet and can anyone remember at what point these messages usually appear (weeks before, month before, random etc.)?
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Patch getting closer?

Unread post by Danielfboone »

It usually starts downloading data for an upcoming patch about 3 weeks before the patch goes live. In any case, data available or not, the patch is definitely getting closer. :D
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Great well if its 3 weeks away there may not be any new pets.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Figures. They wouldn't introduce any new pets in a patch that's just for lore.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

PorrasouxRex wrote:Figures. They wouldn't introduce any new pets in a patch that's just for lore.
*Coughs, glances at Patch 5.1*
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Equeon wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:Figures. They wouldn't introduce any new pets in a patch that's just for lore.
*Coughs, glances at Patch 5.1*
Least in 5.1 you had a daily hub and another rep grind. This patch is just a "build up" patch.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

It's totally possible that the patch is getting close and that we just won't get any new shiny pets this time. :-) It's not a patch just for hunters, after all, getting new pets is just a rare gift that we should appreciate, not something we should expect and demand!

Personally, I'll be really excited, new pets or not. I want the lore. Pets? Those are great, but we've been absolutely *showered* with love recently. I think one patch without pets is reasonable.

Edit- even more so, we got 30 more stable slots! That's more pets, in a way. It's certainly spoiling us. xD

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*grabs scissors*
LupisDarkmoon wrote:I think one patch without pets is reasonable.

we got 30 more stable slots!
These two sentences right here. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am having enough trouble keeping all my returning babies straight. If I had to worry about entirely new pets too....well....my head would explode. -_-

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:It's totally possible that the patch is getting close and that we just won't get any new shiny pets this time. :-) It's not a patch just for hunters, after all, getting new pets is just a rare gift that we should appreciate, not something we should expect and demand!

Personally, I'll be really excited, new pets or not. I want the lore. Pets? Those are great, but we've been absolutely *showered* with love recently. I think one patch without pets is reasonable.

Edit- even more so, we got 30 more stable slots! That's more pets, in a way. It's certainly spoiling us. xD

You hit up some really good points. I mean do they have to add new pets every patch? I don't think a patch with out any new extra stuff for a class wont hurt anyone at all. They can't give one class new things all the time. :3
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Im just going to sit here and hold out hope for the albino kitty lol ever since I saw that kitty I wanted it lol

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

cowmuflage wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:It's totally possible that the patch is getting close and that we just won't get any new shiny pets this time. :-) It's not a patch just for hunters, after all, getting new pets is just a rare gift that we should appreciate, not something we should expect and demand!

You hit up some really good points. I mean do they have to add new pets every patch? I don't think a patch with out any new extra stuff for a class wont hurt anyone at all. They can't give one class new things all the time. :3

I totally agree...prettyful new shinnies are always loved but we should really stop demanding and expecting them IMO. Im just so excited about the new stable slots and all the new shinnies from last patch :)
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I agree as well. We've been spoiled rotten with new pets. I'm content without having any for this patch. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Getting a sense that they are slowing down regarding launching this patch. Which might mean 5.4 might be coming much later in the year. They might also be looking at progression.

There was also a blue post indicating that there would be a warning about the patch coming, and we haven't seen that.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I was actually considering the lack of news to be the opposite--a sign that it's close to ready, and that we should keep an eye out for that warning. There's been next to no new info for quite some time.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I really hope it is soon, I have two Hunters sitting at 85 eating up rested bonus waiting for the exp requirement to drop. :mrgreen:

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Ziarre wrote:I was actually considering the lack of news to be the opposite--a sign that it's close to ready, and that we should keep an eye out for that warning. There's been next to no new info for quite some time.
This.
Not many (if any, I haven't been following it that closely lately) new datamined items, less and less changes - it does feel to me like it's almost finished and ready to go.

And I still need that non-stompy dino... GAAAH~!! :x

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I know there was a new build on Thursday, but I don't know how often they usually are.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Well... to be honest... the way it seems that Blizzard works is if they give us 30 new stable slots they would give us at least one more new pet than what we could store in our new 30 slots.

It's truly a vicious cycle.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

It's 2 weeks closer than it was when this thread started. :D
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

They indicated they would give a warning for those farming valor, so I suspect it's at least 2 more weeks.
Account has been closed at user's request.