How to tell if you have 200 mounts for achievement?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: How to tell if you have 200 mounts for achievement?

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Weird... Normal Ox is pretty up to date with that O_o I'll have to check again.. soz >.<

**EDIT**

Oh wait... do you have any other toons that many have more than your hunter? A Pally/DK/Warlock/Proff Mounts?

I can only find your toon with the highest ammount (which is why Castile is proabably not showing up)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Spiritbinder wrote:Weird... Normal Ox is pretty up to date with that O_o I'll have to check again.. soz >.<

**EDIT**

Oh wait... do you have any other toons that many have more than your hunter? A Pally/DK/Warlock/Proff Mounts?

I can only find your toon with the highest ammount (which is why Castile is proabably not showing up)
I have a pally on Aman Thul, my dk/warlock are on Khaz still. I have a Priest that is a tailor too. Last I checked Guild Ox I couldn't find my toons on there for my new realm lol!

But in game Castile def has 202 :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Castilé wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:Weird... Normal Ox is pretty up to date with that O_o I'll have to check again.. soz >.<

**EDIT**

I have a pally on Aman Thul, my dk/warlock are on Khaz still. I have a Priest that is a tailor too. Last I checked Guild Ox I couldn't find my toons on there for my new realm lol!

But in game Castile def has 202 :)
Arh I see, Nps then :) It's pretty hard sometime to find people with all the posting names, toon names, alts, faction changing, etc... but it makes it fun none the less :D

­
­
­
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Class mounts only count for the character that have them in the spellbook so the dk mounts only count for the dk and the paly mounts only for the pally.
But they still count towards the achieve so if you have 198 mounts on any character just log to the pally or dk and achievement unlocked :3
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Malackai wrote:Class mounts only count for the character that have them in the spellbook so the dk mounts only count for the dk and the paly mounts only for the pally.
But they still count towards the achieve so if you have 198 mounts on any character just log to the pally or dk and achievement unlocked :3

Correct, also assuming that the toon with the 198 has no active profession mounts.

The best combo that I can think of is a Pally with engineering and tailoring....

I say Pally because they get the 2 from their class specialization AND a bonus one from argent tournament, making it a 3 bonus for them.

­
­
­
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

Now, you keep talking about prof stacking on a paladin or a warlock. But I'm seeing my tailoring specific mount on my non-tailor character. I can't use it but it's counted. So I think just having them counts for everyone, so you don't have to have a tailoring/engineering Paladin.

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

What happens when you delete your pally?... umm.. err....
Account has been closed at user's request.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Shadow wrote:Now, you keep talking about prof stacking on a paladin or a warlock. But I'm seeing my tailoring specific mount on my non-tailor character. I can't use it but it's counted. So I think just having them counts for everyone, so you don't have to have a tailoring/engineering Paladin.
I think he means if you are 2 short if you log to that toon you will get the achieve? But your right any toon can have the mounts and it is counted account wide even if they can't use em. I've found that with lvling engineering recently.

Offtopic grumble: Wish other classes got their own mounts :( Like a hunter could get a wolf with lots of bags so it looks like your carrying supplies for "the hunt"...or a warrior get a really armoured horse like the pvp ones..../dreams.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Castile wrote: Offtopic grumble: Wish other classes got their own mounts :( Like a hunter could get a wolf with lots of bags so it looks like your carrying supplies for "the hunt"...or a warrior get a really armoured horse like the pvp ones..../dreams.
That would make me very, very happy too. I say give all classes that don’t have unique class mounts one... or two. (or three? a pally can get three :D )
Now I know, I know, homogenising the classes, yada yada, but at least it would even it out a bit more for mount numbers. And I could have sworn they said they would reaaaaly like to add more "Class" type quests (even if they are time consuming) and I'm sure they could do incorporate a mount in there somehow ;)

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Castile wrote: Offtopic grumble: Wish other classes got their own mounts :( Like a hunter could get a wolf with lots of bags so it looks like your carrying supplies for "the hunt"...or a warrior get a really armoured horse like the pvp ones..../dreams.
That would make me very, very happy too. I say give all classes that don’t have unique class mounts one... or two. (or three? a pally can get three :D )
Now I know, I know, homogenising the classes, yada yada, but at least it would even it out a bit more for mount numbers. And I could have sworn they said they would reaaaaly like to add more "Class" type quests (even if they are time consuming) and I'm sure they could do incorporate a mount in there somehow ;)
At the risk of derailing this thread further... new fire hawk or phoenix mounts for shammies please! :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Wain wrote: At the risk of derailing this thread further... new fire hawk or phoenix mounts for shammies please! :D
If you go back a little in time, the Farseer (WC3) unit (which was very shamanesque) had a very specific mount...

Far Seers are ancient Orcs who represent the pinnacle of Shamanistic power. These powerful Shamans are counted amongst Thrall's closest advisors and are constantly in tune with the workings and maneuverings of the Horde. Far Seers are not only tied to the elements of the earth and sky, but are also adept at foretelling the future.

Many say that they are the pinnacle of shamanistic development. The far seer is an orc tradition, but they sometimes train members of their allied races in its ways, especially tauren. These shaman are wise and often old. Most shaman of this type do not actually earn the title "far seer" until late in their lives, but they must begin training at an early age.

Far seers are some of the most respected shaman in the Horde. Most of them ride great white wolves to battle
How about a great white wolf for a ground mount? :)

­
­
­
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Now, back before mounts went account wide...I don't know if this has been changed or not, mind you....My husband mains a warlock. His 100 mount achievement, whilst his tracking said 100...but he did not get the achievement until after he gained two more mounts. When he sent in a ticket, the GM -then- told him his class mounts did not count towards the achievement. Wain is correct saying that the achievs used to ignore class only mounts. I could probably dig up the ticket, perhaps.

Now that mounts are account wide, I don't know if that is still the case. I cannot recall if he had trouble with his 150 achiev, but I do remember it taking a while for it to show up in his mount list after he did get the achiev.

To be honest, at the risk of having an unpopular opinion, I only think it would be fair if the achievs continued to ignore class mounts too.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Thwip wrote: To be honest, at the risk of having an unpopular opinion, I only think it would be fair if the achievs continued to ignore class mounts too.

Personally, I think this is a pretty simple and elegant solution. That way not one will have an advantage/feel annoyed for not choosing a class that has bonus mounts.

­
­
­
Tarquinshar
Realm: Khadgar

Unread post by Tarquinshar »

My armoury for my character says 241 mounts. In game it says 246. My paladin is 242 in armoury and 249 in game. I cant figure it out. Either way im well over the 200 achiv and well on my way to the 250 (if one ever happens).