Name that Skarr?

nirvana
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dalaran US

Name that Skarr?

Unread post by nirvana »

So, I failed horribly this morning at taming Skarr mostly due to super jump shenanigans (for some reason, even though I wasn't on the island I kept getting the buff...and I would super jump even when taking a step downhill, shooting me off the edge...). After realizing I was 10 minutes late for work, I had to rush out the door. Obviously he was gone when I got back, but I found him after wandering back into the Molten Front after completing some achieves. I originally wanted the challenge more than the cat - but now, well, I can't get over how mighty sexy he looks next to my Worgen =D

I'm looking for serious, preferably non-cliched names. For reference, my Deth is named Neretzek (after an AQ weapon, which means "blood drinker" in Qiraji), my Magria named Musha (after the Tauren name for the moon), and my Banny is named Jadis. Other pet names I've used include Myst, Karma, and Phaoris. I haven't picked a gender yet.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_070211_190656.jpg
WoWScrnShot_070211_190656.jpg (360.99 KiB) Viewed 1626 times
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Name that Skarr?

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I like the idea of naming Skarr after a weapon. How about Anduril, which means 'flame of the west'? It is a reforged sword from Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.
nirvana
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dalaran US

Unread post by nirvana »

that's a pretty name and a neat idea, to continue Neretzek's theme. I'll have to recite that name to myself next time I log on Grim!
Hawkshadow
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by Hawkshadow »

Personally I like the names Obsidian and Onyx for the black gem kitty :)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I named mine Alexander, but I've seen some neat names... Titan was one that stood out.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Saharah
Realm: Silver Hand

Unread post by Saharah »

Well.....I think a good name is Stitches. Just me and my goofy thought process. :headbang:
Binni
Realm: (US) The Scryers, (US) Moon Guard

Unread post by Binni »

If you're okay with a feminine name (I don't see why the Skarr skin has to be masculine), I named mine "Bastet" after the feline Egyptian goddess, Bast.

"Cats were regarded as manifestations of the goddess Bast [in Ancient Egypt]. This Egyptian goddess had many roles, including the goddess of fertility, the moon, and also as the protector of all cats. She was referred to as 'Bastet' when in full cat form, as opposed to the representation of 'Bast' as a beautiful girl with the body of a human and the head of a cat." http://www.richeast.org/htwm/cats/Cats.html

"Bastet seemed to have two sides to her personality, docile and aggressive. Her docile and gentle side was displayed in her duties as a protector of the home, and pregnant women. Her aggressive and vicious nature was exposed in the accounts of battles in which the pharaoh was said to have slaughtered the enemy as Bastet slaughtered her victims." http://www.egyptianmyths.net/bastet.htm

I think it's rather fitting. ;)