Help me Name my Serpent and Rename my Wolf :D

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Help me Name my Serpent and Rename my Wolf :D

Unread post by Astratia »

So, I would love to find some nice names for two pets.

The first is a Back Serpent from ZG

I've been wanting tame one for a while, and try it out t see if perhaps a bond could form. For some reason, I specifically wanted one from ZG, though every time I asked the ZG party to tame one they never carried through with letting me. So, just today I ran in and tamed one myself! Barely survived, but I have this snake, and have to say really like his looks. He gives off this mischievous and cunning demeanor that I can't help but think of one thing.

I keep thinking Loki (Norse 'God' of trickery), but it doesn't seem to fit just right - only reason is I see Loki as more a wolf name then snake ^_^;

Now, as far as my wolf I don't want to name him Loki. He's Ol' Ciff Jumper, currently named Cliff. Though I want to name him in a small tribute to a friend that has passed a few years ago. He always loved wolves, and even was mentioned as 'Kung fu Wolf'. So, something that I could connect the two - a spirit wolf, gaurdian.. something along those lines.

I've normally stick to Greek names, but if something nice comes along I will consider :)

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: Help me Name my Serpent and Rename my Wolf :D

Unread post by Astratia »

Astus - cunning in Latin
I think I'm going to use that for my serpent :)

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Well, for the Wolf, if you're a fan of HP, I'd suggest Sirius. I'm not sure if they've implemented special characters being unallowed in pet names, but if so, Sirius is out, as it's "reserved" regularly.

I say Sirius because in HP, he was Harry's Godfather, and only family he had left before he was killed. Even in his death he was a spirit watching over Harry. It also helps that his Animagus was a wolf/hound.

Again, not sure if you're into HP, but if so, Salazar, founder of Slytherin? Sarpa, which is Bengali for Serpent, sounds really nice to me. Madu, which is Estonian also sounds nice, käärme is Finnish, so maybe Karma would be a nice name?

You beat me to my post. Astus sounds really nice, I like it!

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

some Greek names for the wolf:
Achelous "he who drives out grief"
Eneas "worthy to be glorified"