Funny pet names

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Re: Funny pet names

Unread post by Aritria »

I've never been one to name my pets funny names, unless they're temporary. When I tamed Deth, I had gotten a temp yellow fire spider and named it "Dethsdemise" exclusively for the tame. But my go to standby name is just "TempPet" or "uWishuWere".
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Mortvent

Unread post by Mortvent »

When I used to have a PVP server character... long time ago before I deleted the char.

Night Elf : Suddenly
Cat : Ninjas

But usually I tend to name pets based on role or purpose. Though in pvp I tend to get creative sorta, my usual was naming the pet "Karma". But I've had some alts with Pink Plainstriders named Boomstick or in one case EgoCrusher (hey killed by a pink flamingo...)

Used the spider from bloodmist isle and kept changing it's name (go go scribe leveling!): Screams, IceCream, Nightmares ( never tried but NightmareFuel was what I wanted but too long)

Wolves/worgs : Clyde, Cinders (red tint wolf from badlands), Paws, Slurp, Nuzzles
Cats: SexyClaws, Pirates, Surprise. Ninjas

Now PVE I've named bears, beetles and turtles "DaTank" or "ItankNow"

Though my favorite was a boss wasp pre nerfed size "IhateTanks" though it was mainly for friend and guild runs.. pug tanks have no sense of humor about pets bigger than some bosses (before BW was hit!)

Now looking at what pets my current worgen hunter will have and trying to name them:
Dog - Jeeves (old english butler name :-P) > going into stables for nostalgia (not a fan of the model)
Wolf - Boyfriend (yesh I went there .. cause I am evil)
Beetle (white) - Stormie (as in stormtrooper if it will not fit or work with full name)
got a couple others I want, but no names decided yet

(and hopefully not that bad of a necro...)
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I have a rhino named Shags, does that count? :) It's not silly as in, "Buttforface" or anything like that, but he just reminded me of a big shaggy.....thing. Like a shag carpet or something. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

My Disembodied Jormungar is named Waldo
My UD Hunter has a 'dead' Rhino called Jabba
Golden old-world Worm >> Goldflinger
I also like to sometimes tame a barking prairie wolf and name it Hukka*

As far as toon names go, I have Tauren Paladin Palapaisti (= beef stew in Finnish)

* Finnish nickname for a wolf, and also part of a saying: "hukka perii", meaning something by the lines of someone being doomed - literally it means a wolf will come and get them.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Not for nothing, but there's an undead mage on my server named Magicmissile. Makes me snort whenever I see him running around in Org.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||