Needing Some Names for the Nameless Pets

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Needing Some Names for the Nameless Pets

Unread post by Astratia »

Lately I've been having trouble with my stables. I've been indecisive on what to name a few pets that I'm trying to form more of a bond. I hope to make them fit in Astra's stables, but they will need a name to do so :)

I tend to sway more toward names from mythology that suit the pet's appearance or personality. As for rares, they tend to keep their name in most cases, but some of them have redeemed new names not being fond of the warcraft style name. I usually stick with Greek Mythology, or Latin words, but have taken up Tao as one Chinese reference for my Pandarian Savage.

Examples:
Deimos
In Greek mythology, Deimos (Ancient Greek: Δεῖμος, pronounced [dêːmos], meaning "dread") was the personification of terror.
Deimos is more of a personification and an abstraction of the sheer terror that is brought by war and he never appeared as an actual character in any story in Greek Mythology.
- I find this a perfect fit for my Devilsaur who loves to tear down at any opponent. He's loud, destructive, dangerous, and my pvp monster :D

-----------------------------------
Pets in Need of Names

Nameless: He's got this haunting feel to him, like smoke waiting to suck out the life of his enemy. Even so, I image appealing to the senses and this is how he lures one in. Intelligent, and not overly aggressive are other attributes I feel off this Dragonhawk,

Currently Known as Shaggy: My Raid leader asked me to have a sporebat handy for their new buff. I honestly will admit I never liked them, and can say I still have a hard time liking this one. However, he did make us all laugh when he sacrificed himself to the Mogu when we were trying to escape by porting out at end raid time... he even managed to survive! My guild loves him (more then just his buff now). So I have a bit of fondness for this strange creature. I wanted to name him after something to do with a will-o-wisp that wasn't an English term (like Luminous or wisp), but rather a personification such as Deimos is.

Nameless: I didn't expect to end up with this Quillen, but I couldn't help but to keep chasing this one down then finally taming it. I had all the other colors (yes, even the Portents) but this one has remained my favorite. He's a proud beast, very confident and self assured. He may be smug at times, and irritating toward Astra's other beasts, but he means no true harm. He's a great gaurdian lion/dog :3 He also reminds me of an old boxer we used to have. An ugly face, but handsome to us.

Nameless: I didn't intend to tame a Stone Quillen as I have a hard time bonding with 'elemental' creatures, but I love the color scheme of this one so much... and the fact he was right there when I decided to have a look. Urg x.X He dosn't have a personality other then 'stone cold' :3

Nameless: Cunning, Swift, Accurate and overall mystical. He's vain in his appearance, and charming to any that admire him, while sour to those who insult him. I was searching for a personification out of Greek mythology that related to the night skies, winds, aurora borealis, or something with astronomical but was coming up blank.

Jitterbug: I'm going for a more suiting name to my pets. His name was just a temporary thing, and although cute I rather use it for my Aqua Water Strider Battle Pet :) He's an upbeat little bug that despite his size has a lot of spunk and courage to be standing against things that would surely see him as a crunchy snack. He's usually chipper, and loves attention of anyone.

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Re: Needing Some Names for the Nameless Pets

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Akarui means "Luminous" in Japanese. (sporebat)
Skéki is "Haunt" in Greek. (Dragonhawk)
Tsuki is "Luna" in Japanese. (Serpent)
Yōkina is "Cheerful" In Japanese. (Strider)

Wow can't let you use ō in Yōkina, so just put "Yokina".

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Name your Serpent Tsuki
Do it
Do it now

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Tsuki wrote:Name your Serpent Tsuki
Do it
Do it now
Well, I guess I know what your name means now. xD

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

Eternallylostx wrote:Akarui means "Luminous" in Japanese. (sporebat)

^_^ All these are lovely names. I really like Skéki for my Dragonhawk, and as well considering the others. I'm going to wait a little and see if there are any other suggestions.
Thank you for the help :)

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Astratia wrote:
Eternallylostx wrote:Akarui means "Luminous" in Japanese. (sporebat)

^_^ All these are lovely names. I really like Skéki for my Dragonhawk, and as well considering the others. I'm going to wait a little and see if there are any other suggestions.
Thank you for the help :)
No problem. :>

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Some Greek words that might make suitable names for your pets :D

Petra translates to "stone".
Brachos and Kouno both translate as "rock".

Mpourini translates to "gust of wind".
Nychta translates to "night".
Msanychta translates to "midnight".
Synnefo translates to "cloud".

Oraios and Omorfos translates to "handsome/beautiful".
Kidemonas translates to "guardian".

Pladaros translates to "floppy".
Tiganite translates to "pancake". I can't help but think of pancakes whenever I see a Sporebat (I think it has something to do with their floppy wings). I even named my mini Sporebat Flapjack for this vey reason.

Zoiros and Zontanos both translate as "lively".
Efstrofos and Efkinitos both translate as "nimble/lithe".

It sounds as though you may have already settled on a name for your Dragonhawk but I did find one word that was rather appealing that I'd like to suggest ...
Skia translates to "shadow".

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising