Back home

Kira
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers

Back home

Unread post by Kira »

Alright, again with me. Gah, I have to be annoying someone by posting so much on these topics now! Anyway!

Today I hopped over to my baby hunter again to do some leveling. A friend of mine started a hunter, we're both lvl 40 now, I wanna keep up. I decided to go over to Kalimdor at level 40 to level. Feralas and Tanaris are my two spots, I don't know much about the other side of the planet at that level so I hopped a boat to Ratchet. While I was there I decided 'oh what the hell, I'll go see if Humar is up. No way is he going to be there, so I'll just check and ease my mind.' See, I released him on my 80, in that exact spot, While he was Up. It was like watching him go home, I almost cried.

I run up with my Mount and dismount, my new Clutchmother standing beside me. She's cute, but..something didn't click. So I get to the tree and what do I spot but a black body among the tan ones. My heart stops. I ask my friend what he thinks, 'Do what makes you happy', and I just about cry again. I said goodbye to my blue chicken, knowing she'll get home safely..she's level 40 now after all (rp moment, hush.) I set down my trap and start the tame, feeling incredibly happy. Humar holds a special place with me, he leveled Asli up to 80 and letting him go was so hard but...sooo many black lions.

So now Humar is back with me and I couldn't be happier. It's like having my best friend back. True I got rid of my ravager (who I'll take again after Cata, when I finally get back) and then my chicken to do it, but he's back home and I'm Not letting him go.

Enough gushing, point is I got Humar back. Problem though...he was originally named Soshi. I don't feel right using that name on him again, and he doesn't feel like a Soshi this time. He feels like he should have a darker name. I almost want to go with Hades, but I'd like some suggestions before I do.

Again, sorry for posting so much and asking for so much help, I'm trying to stop, really!

Dragon Cave

Please help my Pokemon hatch

Deviant Art, enjoy!

Awesome Avi done by Moonlost!
Equally Awesome Siggy by Kamalia.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Back home

Unread post by Sarayana »

I just googled Hades and got a wikipedia article that said "See also: Sheol and Hell in Christianity" ... I really like the sound of Sheol, might use it myself one time. Anyway, that's my suggestion. Name him Sheol.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

Your story is practicaly exactly like mine. I found him out of sheer luck not even camping for him! I didn't let him go on another toon, though, it was the only time I'd found him :)

I named mine Whisper the first time, then renamed him Shade (although I'm thinking about renaming him again! :lol: ) I do like Sheol, though....
Ooohhhh..... Hey, I might even name mine Sheol - it's a great name! :D

Those are my suggestions :)

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I think Sarayana's suggestion is great. I really like Sheol.

My suggestions are admittedly probably too cumbersome for good pet names, but I think they are interesting, anway. Searched on "dark" meanings, such as chaos, dark, black, hell, evil, death, etc. Yay! lol

Behindthename.com says:

THANATOS
Usage: Greek Mythology
Other Scripts: Θανατος (Ancient Greek)
Means "death" in Greek. This was the name of the Greek god of death who resided with Hades in the underworld.

ORPHEUS
Usage: Greek Mythology
Other Scripts: Ορφευς (Ancient Greek)
Pronounced: AWR-fee-əs (English) [key]
Perhaps related to Greek ορφνη (orphne) meaning "the darkness of night". In Greek mythology Orpheus was a poet and musician who went to the underworld to retrieve his dead wife Eurydice. He succeeded in charming Hades with his lyre, and he was allowed to lead his wife out of the underworld on the condition that he not look back at her until they reached the surface. Unfortunately, just before they arrived his love for her overcame his will and he glanced back at her, causing her to be drawn back to Hades.

HIERONYMUS
Usage: German, Ancient Greek (Latinized)
Pronounced: hee-RO-nee-muws (German) [key]
Latin form of JEROME used in Germany and Holland. Hieronymus Bosch was a 15th-century Dutch painter known for his depictions of the torments of hell.

CHERNOBOG
Usage: Slavic Mythology
Means "the black god" from Slavic cherno "black" and bog "god". Chernobog was the Slavic god of darkness, evil and grief.

EREBUS
Usage: Greek Mythology (Latinized)
Latinized form of the Greek Ερεβος (Erebos) which means "nether darkness". Erebus was the personification of the primordial darkness in Greek mythology.

ANGRA MAINYU
Usage: Persian Mythology
Means "evil spirit" in Avestan. In Persian mythology Angra Mainyu was the god of darkness, death and destruction, the enemy of Ahura Mazda.

LOKI
Usage: Norse Mythology
Pronounced: LO-kee [key]
Meaning unknown, possibly derived from the Indo-European root *leug meaning "to break". In Norse legend Loki was a trickster god associated with magic and fire. Over time he became more and more evil, and he was eventually chained to a rock by the other gods.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Kara means beloved in Italian and black in Turkish.