Re-naming my Arcturis

Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Re-naming my Arcturis

Unread post by Protego »

Hello,

I'm thinking of maybe re-naming my Spirit Beast Arcturis. I named him "Fidelius". It comes from the Harry Potter spell. It's a hiding charm. And in Latin "Fidelis" means "Loyalty". Anyways what are good name suggestions for Arcturis? I want an original, one-of-a-kind, unique, a-name-that-no-one-has name. And it has to be a serious, non-funny name. Take for instances my main and my other pets' names'. My name's Protego, my other 4 pets' names' are Lumos, Patronus, Imperio and Albedo. Most of them come from Harry Potter. "Protego" is a shield spell, "Lumos" is a lighting spell, Imperio is an obeying spell and "Albedo" means "light reflected" in the dictionary. Thank you very much!

From,
Kristy.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Dizzy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Re-naming my Arcturis

Unread post by Dizzy »

you don't like the name he has?
i think that's a charming name, since it has a good double-meaning.

i don't know any other harry potter spells, but do any other ones stand out to you?

I suggest another spell name since that seems to be your naming trend c:
each spell (i assume) fits the pet it's assigned to as well, so they're good ideas, to me c:
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aw, I really like your original name as well. ^^ It seems so fitting.
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

I liked the original name, to be honst, but if you're not sure, what about this?

Evanesco (Vanishing Spell)

Pronunciation: /ɛvəˈnɛskoʊ/ EV-ə-NES-koh
Description: Makes the target vanish.
Seen/mentioned: Used in Order of the Phoenix by Snape to make Harry's potions disappear from his cauldron. In addition, when Fred and George were showing off their puking pastilles, Lee Jordan cleared the bucket of vomit with the Evanesco spell. During their stay at #12, Grimmauld Place, Bill uses this on a stack of documents. This suggests that Vanished objects can be recovered.
Suggested etymology: Latin evanesco meaning "to vanish".[12]
Notes: According to Minerva McGonagall, in Deathly Hallows, Vanished objects and organisms go "into non-being, which is to say, everything." This was McGonagall's response to the question, "Where do Vanished objects go?" from the doorknocker at Ravenclaw Tower.

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

How about Pantalonius Poopicus! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD-Huwlg ... re=related)

Just kidding :P

As for real suggestions... I dunno, but I do think the current name he has is pretty good, with the double-meaning and all.

Well, there's me being no help at all.

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

Okay, okay, based on the 4 repliers I'll keep his name as is. :D ^_^ Thank you for your replies you guys. ^_^
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!