Gara Name

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Gara Name

Unread post by Lisaara »

I kept Gara's name, actually. It felt...wrong to change it because the canine was already named previously by their owner.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Junrei wrote:I kept Gara's name, actually. It felt...wrong to change it because the canine was already named previously by their owner.
Oh thats a good point! I was wondering what to call mine too...maybe I won't change it either now!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

I've never tamed a rare NPC and kept it's name... except for Gara! How could I name her anything different after going through that entire quest with her? :)
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Mine is Gara. Gara has lost so much and been through so much, it felt wrong to take anything else away, even if it was just a name.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I named mine Tala which means wolf. But I'm still undecided if I will keep her on Finduilas. Gara will for sure find a home with my orc and with my Tauren too (Larkania loves purple pets).

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Tigers
Realm: Saurfang

Unread post by Tigers »

I was torn between keeping the name Gara or changing it to Shadow.. but I ended up going with Kira.

I was questing through Spires of Arak when I decided to take a break and finish up gathering the items and go ahead with the final stages of the tame - of course that zone had made me nostalgic for the Dark Crystal in which Kira is one of the Gelflings. It was one of those situations where I knew the name was right as soon as it came to me :)
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I ended up changing Gara's name to Eidolon, after a lot of contemplation.
Queen
Realm: Rexxar

Unread post by Queen »

Mine is "Clockwork", both after my favorite book, A Clockwork Orange, and the fact that it's only a matter of time before she gets you ;)

Although the storyline is pretty touching, I'm beginning to get disheartened by the amount of plain ol' "Gara"s I see running around. I can confirm that Xan appeared for me once I let Gara have the kill shot, I just turned around once the Void Lord's close to death. I doubt I'm the first person to figure this out though. Save yourself some time.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Queen wrote:Mine is "Clockwork", both after my favorite book, A Clockwork Orange, and the fact that it's only a matter of time before she gets you ;)

Although the storyline is pretty touching, I'm beginning to get disheartened by the amount of plain ol' "Gara"s I see running around. I can confirm that Xan appeared for me once I let Gara have the kill shot, I just turned around once the Void Lord's close to death. I doubt I'm the first person to figure this out though. Save yourself some time.
Except it doesn't always work. I let Gara have the 'kill' several times and he never came out. So her having the kill doesn't really do anything. I think that was pure luck.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

tzivya
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by tzivya »

I named mine Orchid, after the flower, because of the striking color. I saw another hunter on my server with the name Flux, which I loved, but I hate stealing names. =) I didn't go with Gara mostly because, while I love the name and think it is apt to keep it, I see so many of that name that I just needed something different.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Just tamed this beautiful void wolf on my Alliance hunter named for my girlfriend thanks to help from my awesome guild so now I have her on both my 100 Horde and my 98 hunter on my Horde I named her Wolfheart but am thinking of naming her Xenaswolf since part of it has my girlfriends name in it.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I named mine Garahel. I wanted to keep her name, at least in part, out of respect for both her and her previous master. However, she is changed now, so to honor that, I gave her a "new" name. I figure this name takes in both her previous life as well as her new life. Or something. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.