Gezzarak Names?

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Gezzarak Names?

Unread post by Acherontia »

So, Gezzarak's one of those pets I've ALWAYS wanted, and I'm gonna grab her as soon as she's tameable. But what to name her? Generally I go with the whole "pet generator" theme in my sig--adjective + body part. Rotclaw, Blackmaw, Snowfeather, whatever. But a warp stalker? Something tail or fang, maybe, or claws, but somehow that wouldn't seem to fit. Anyone have a one- or two-letter (or longer if it's quite good) idea for a dark warpie name?

Something pithy, something dark or mysterious or awesome. What kinda names are you going to give yours, or do you have an idea for one that you just love?

Let's brainstorm! :D
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Re: Gezzarak Names?

Unread post by bluddy »

if it doesn't bother Veph i'll be naming mine LadyVeph
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hee! One of my favourite pets named after me, I wouldn't mind. ^^

Mine will be male (since all my pets are male), and though I was contemplating a number of different ones I think I've settled on Reznor for him. :) Eee can't wait. <3
Torleth
Realm: Talnivarr EU

Unread post by Torleth »

I will be calling him Gezzarak, he will get confused if I suddenly start calling him something else other than the name he's grown up with. Poor thing.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, I was thinking of calling her that anyway, but I just want something that sounds cooler.

I'm thinking something with "shadow" or "shade" in it, or something ending in "snout"--or just "Venom."
Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

How about Umbraclaw? Umbra is the darkest part of a shadow, so that suits the shadowy part you want. :D Really, it can be "Umbra___", but Umbraclaw seemed to roll off of the tongue the best.

As for my Gezz, I'm naming him Gremlin.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

Dusk-Gezz's colors remind me of parts of sunset just before full dark.

I'd come up with more but brain is still recovering from work...

There are two warp stalkers in my hunters' rosters. Sochi has Tempi, the green version from Netherstorm. She sports the name Tempi as she's only temporarily here or there. Shaon has her Jasper, a white skinned version. He's named after a small carving of rainbow jasper, which is in the form of a dragon-like creature. Shaon's stable is being themed on these little stone animals.

I have plans for Shaon to get Gezz and she shall be a male. I'm calling him Zook. For me a warpie is a gleeful creature, more than happy to fight for its hunter and do it with a grin. So for my Gezz, a somewhat silly, if cute name.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

She will keep her gender and her name for me. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

My Gezzarak will maintain her gender and be renamed Laelia, the genus name for several different types of orchid. I think the name itself is rather pretty and exotic; a perfect fit for such an epic pet.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Acherontia, some possible word particles for your naming scheme could be Void, Nyx (Greek goddess of night), Nox (latin for night), Inis (latin for darkness), and was going to mention Umbra but Kamalia beat me to it. ^^

You could also go with a space/sci-fi sort of theme. Star, Nebula, Galactic, Phase, Warp, etc.
Phantomwolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korialstrasz

Unread post by Phantomwolf »

Mine is also a boy and I named him: Kurai. Which means dark; gloomy. I actually did a pet summary on him...I do this for all my pets though. XD

Kurai is a work meaning ‘dark’, and that is the name bestowed upon the other warpstalker that finds its home in Wolf’s stables. Kurai is somber and spends his time in the cell below the barn. He likes to be left alone and will only really ever speak to those who actually ask questions. In other words – questions he finds that are easily answered or need be answered by the person who is asking are not worth his time and are valid to be completely and utterly ignored. Kurai has a strange philosophy but will give it only to those who are willing to listen – if not accept – Kurai believes that finding oneself is the key to victory before any true battle can be won.

I had him before he became untameable but I let him go to go get Azrael back, when are stables got expanded a little in WOTLK I went to go get her [[before I joined forums]] and didn't know she had become untameble. I T_T at the sight...
"Thanks to Veph for the awesome siggy! I love you!"
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote:Acherontia, some possible word particles for your naming scheme could be Void, Nyx (Greek goddess of night), Nox (latin for night), Inis (latin for darkness), and was going to mention Umbra but Kamalia beat me to it. ^^

You could also go with a space/sci-fi sort of theme. Star, Nebula, Galactic, Phase, Warp, etc.
I quite like these, especially Void and Nyx. Sadly, Void is my Oil-Stained Wolf's name, and Nyx is a spaceship in a game I used to play that I know hate :P Time to go poke my nose into some mythology... And a thesaurus for space words!
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Gezz was a hard tame when she could be tamed. I had to have a rogue help with stunlocks. We spent about 30mins farming texts to summon Gezz 3 times, and about an hour trying and failing before Gezz was mine.

To honour him, I named Gezz after his rogue's name. Squishy. I found that name pretty funny for a tank pet, and I've kept it all this time. :D
Cinnia
Realm: Kul Tiras EU

Unread post by Cinnia »

I love my Gezz <3
A very hard tame she was .
I gave her the name Scylla from Greek Mythology " A female sea monster who lived in a cave and devoured sailors."
I'm very happy Blizz will let other people tame her again , she is my nr 1 pet and i love her so much.
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

Hmmm, Naraku is Japanese for hell.
Garren - Guardian in German
Seele - Soul in German
Starke - strength in German

I named my Gezzy DeathWarp.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Maunkitten
Realm: Moon Guard-Alliance, Wyrmrest Accord- Horde

Unread post by Maunkitten »

I named my Gezz Toothless because she looks just like the dragon from How to Train Your Dragon. :)
Aamu
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by Aamu »

You could name her Itzala, which is Basque for shadow (hail Google Translate!). I named mine Zarek, to fit with my other warp stalker Radek! :D

I'm going on an adventure!