Aldera's Cliff Jumper needs a name.

ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Aldera's Cliff Jumper needs a name.

Unread post by ummeiko »

First off, I have to apologize - no screens at the moment. I'm out of town for a funeral, just typing this up while I have a bit of time before bed. Later this week if I'm still stuck I'll toss some up.

Anywho... my troll hunter Aldera got ocj a few days after patch, and I thoroughly love him, but I'm stuck on a name. I've debated just calling him Jumper, but I'm not 100% sold on it.

It definitely needs to be a masculine or neutral name, that much I know (personality-wise, ocj is definitely a male wolf). My other pet names range from lighthearted (my worm named Bait and my corehound named Loot, for example) to more serious (Seiryu the wind serpent, or Spectre my Arcturis). I also have a few that just relate to the mob (my cat is Twilight - she was a Twilight Runner from Stonetalon). I'm not against fantasy or mythological names, but sometimes they just don't click. Humorous or witty names I much enjoy, so long as they aren't too much into the meme category or overly pop. Also, I prefer one word names, mostly because I'm a stickler for formatting and it just really throws me off without spaces between words.

Thanks in advance.

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Aldera's Cliff Jumper needs a name.

Unread post by Sarayana »

Well, in the more serious category you could use either Romulus or Remus. This site has a number of great names pertaining to mythological wolves, including Fenrir (or Fenris).

This site has a looooong list of wolf names. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Spring means jump, and he has those pretty spring-green eyes.
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Back when I had OCJ, I too was stuck for a name for him. All the normal "wolfy" names didn't seem to fit him. I finally settled on Teufel, which means demon or devil in German, I believe.
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

I love the use of wolves in the Norse myths, so that's definitely one place to check out if you're looking for names. :)
Geri and Freki were wolves that accompanied Odin. Their names meant ravenous or greedy (but they were a good omen unlike most wolves in the myths).
Hati and Skoll are pretty well known and well as their dad Fenrir. Loki's also a very good choice as he's the father of Fenrir and a very mischievous god (i've always imagined the OCJ to be very cunning and sly to have lived so long :P ).