Regill's five pets

Regill
Realm: Khadgar

Regill's five pets

Unread post by Regill »

i have 5 pets in my stable right now , Cat named Sabertooth(echeyakee), Spider named Rorshach( l/skins/skin_giantspiderorange.html), a black Wind serpent from WC called Darkscale,
Orange Raptor from durotar named Stripe and at last a red core hound named Corey.

would appreciate if someone could help me get some mythical names for 5 of these pets, would like some mighty and powerful names that describe how fierce and wild these beasts are from Tolkien, nordic mythology or something like that :)
Seradi
Realm: Caelestrasz

Re: Regill's five pets

Unread post by Seradi »

Ok, for the Corehound I might suggest Cruentus, which is Latin for bloodthirsty.
For the Wind Serpent I would suggest either Umbra or Furtim, both meaning shadow and stealth respectively.
For the raptor I would suggest Ravisher, for it simply means raptor, which implies both it's species and it's cunning and ferocity.
For your cat I think maybe Venator, meaning hunter, which would be fitting as it mercilessly hunts down your prey.
And last but not least, for your spider I would think Astus, which stands for cunning and would be a fitting name in my opinion.

:) :D :mrgreen: Enjoy :mrgreen: :D :)
Fizzle
Realm: EU Earthen Ring, Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Fizzle »

Cat - Nergal (Babylonian deity often presented as a lion)
Spider - from Tolkien either Ungoliant (giant monster, basically pure evil in spider-form, form the Silmarillion) or Shelob (the last child of Ungoliant, which Frodo and Sam fight in LotR)
Wind Serpent - Hurakan (Mayan storm god and origine of the word hurricane) or Zahhak (snake-related ancient Iranian god)
Raptor - simply Razor
Core Hound - the name of a hellhound such as Cerberus/Kerberos (Greek), Garm/Garmr (Norse) or Surma (Finnish)

"Such are the risks of the big game hunter. We toy with fate by delivering it. Yet each of us, at some point, will face fate's razor sharp teeth."
Hemet Nesingwary (The Green Hills of Stranglethorn)

Seaiayu
Realm: Rivendare Seaiayu lvl 80 , Kâgome lvl 27

Unread post by Seaiayu »

Does mythical approve of god names? like Cerberus for corehound, Kirin for cat, for wind serpent, Haures or Charon, both deities of darkness (haures is a beast that sunders darkness, charon is the boatman of the river styx) or go with its element instead with thor, or prochne (did i spell that right?). spider and raptor i got nothing, but if you get the white core hound fenrir might work.

EDIT: i quick search found nothing in relation to spider gods or deities, but for spider i remember this one character from the golden sun game i played, her name was Ulysses and she summoned what could only be described as jaws from these cards that would snare the target in place. as for raptor, maybe just zagan. its a minor deity of earth with vicous claws and a halbard.
Respect the BLADE!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Fizzle wrote:Cat - Nergal (Babylonian deity often presented as a lion)
Spider - from Tolkien either Ungoliant (giant monster, basically pure evil in spider-form, form the Silmarillion) or Shelob (the last child of Ungoliant, which Frodo and Sam fight in LotR)
Wind Serpent - Hurakan (Mayan storm god and origine of the word hurricane) or Zahhak (snake-related ancient Iranian god)
Raptor - simply Razor
Core Hound - the name of a hellhound such as Cerberus/Kerberos (Greek), Garm/Garmr (Norse) or Surma (Finnish)
I agree with most of these, mostly because if I did research I probably wouldn't find anything better.

But the raptor, I'd name him SonicRipper. Just not really shiny or pertaining to a god but I think it sounds good...

Rottingham
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin; Illidan

Unread post by Rottingham »

For the Wind Serpent, I'd had Quezecoatl, the Aztec serpent god

Rottingham, Troll Hunter in the Petopians Guild

Check me out on youtube!

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Cat: Ra the egyptian god of the sun
Core Hound: Orthos from greek mythology, only two-headed dog I could find
Raptor:Fafnir, Otur or Regin Three dragons from norse mythology, brothers in fact
Spider: Kankra Giant Spider in "Lord of the Rings"
Wind Serpent: Tessien Name of the featherd snake in the first three shadowrun novels, companion of the Killerelf Hart.
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

Karathyriel, Where did you get your signature from? Is there a way I could get one of my character and her pet?

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I made the signature myself, using the modelviewer and some picture editing software who can deal with animated GIFs.
It was supposed to be my avatar, but it's to large a file.

I probably could try to do one for you to but I need some infos for that.
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master

Oh, really? That's brilliant. I tried using modelviewer a while ago, but it kept freezing.

Thank you, that would be awesome. I don't think the PM system is working yet, but as soon as it is I'll send you some info, such as screenshots, a link to the armory, etc.

Thanks, it's much appreciated. ^_^

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Mania will probably NOT have PMs working to keep data rate low.

Let's switch to our own thread, so we won't hijack this thread... Somewhere in General Chat perhaps?
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Karathyriel wrote:Mania will probably NOT have PMs working to keep data rate low.
Does that mean Mania just made a fool outta me? :evil:
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master

I'm afraid so, my friend. :lol:

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Karathyriel wrote:
Karathyriel wrote:Mania will probably NOT have PMs working to keep data rate low.
Does that mean Mania just made a fool outta me? :evil:
/point

/laugh

:lol:

Nah, it was a good idea in theory. ;)