A few opinions, and a name. (I typed a novel's worth again)

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

A few opinions, and a name. (I typed a novel's worth again)

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Alright, I've made a couple topics discussing my spirit beasts and possibly Madexx... and as of right now, I think I need petopia's opinion, cause, yanno, you guys are awesome :)

Originally I was having trouble deciding which of my spirit beasts to keep, but I'm starting to think my recently tamed Skoll is the one. As much as I love Ramla and Imaritan, they're both underused and I don't feel a strong bond with either of them. I ended up taming Ramla ( Gondria ) after an odd dream about her, where I was flying over Zuldrak and she was there, so I tamed her. But the moment I tamed her, I stuck he in the tables and have only pulled her out once since, to roleplay (and I ended up not having much fun anyway- I had a far better time when I pulled out Rashida, my gezzerak. Fun times, warping onto walls and tripping people... ). Imaritan, my Ghostcrawler, was a spur of the moment tame, and I thought I instantly fell in love with the guy, but after running a few dungeons with him, I realized I just liked his model, and that he was a level 85 spirit beast was a big bonus. He just didn't have much of a personality outside of his animations. Then I got this urge to go tame Skoll, and, well, I got Skoll!

I definately think this is the one , but I have this dilemma. See, in the wild, Skoll is defiantely male to me, no doubt. But mine comes off as a she... in fact, I've gone from default reffering to my SB as a he, to calling her she. We killed the dragon in Uldum today, I called her a good girl :D (She is still only level 82, but yeesh can she take a beating... and deal out one too! And she's still unspecced! ). The only problem is I don't have a name for her. I was thinknig maybe naming her Ramla, after my Gondria, so that I could finally RP with my prophet Spirit Beast, but I dunno... I could also ask my friend for a few names, sicne she's absolutely amazing at them. So, what do you guys think? Name her Ramla, ask my friend for a few names, or do you guys have any? All my pets have African names, so if any of you know any that are simply awesome, please tell! My wolf spirit happens to have a very better-than-you attitude, and definately -has- an attitude (As me and a hunter buddy danced for Arcturis... we were trying to get him to spawn!.. she stood back and gave us a " I don't know you guys. " look). But in the end, she's a loyal companion that sticks up for those she cares about....

And now, I also need a few opinions. See, I'm runnnig out of space. In fact, I only have one stable slot left, reserved for black Madexx. However, there's still epts I nkow I want and maybe will want. I figure it's time to clean out my stables somewhat. I think I might gt rid of my dog and my boar, both of which haven't developed any personality or even left my stables. I'm also consdiering getting rid of said unused Spirit Beasts, but this is where it gets a bit iffy... they're still rare. Should I jsut go ahead? I can always get them back at a later time, I guess, but still.

And then there's my Madexxes. I have both a brown and a blue, btu I still want black the most. I haven't used my blue at all, but I consider that color prettier. However, I've used my brown... and his skin matches the mount, which I eventually want. I know both of them are eventually going if I get the black, but until then I don't know what I want to do with these two. Should I go ahead and get rid of them now? That's 40 hours of camping, wasted, but I know I'm jsut gonig to spend more until black is mine. Again, I can always get them back if I want, and brown is becoming a common skin. Or should I go ahead and keep at least one, so I have something to show for my time? I have no clue xD

Sorry for yet another novel worth of text, but I know you're always the guys to ask when it comes to hunters and our pets :)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: A few opinions, and a name. (I typed a novel's worth aga

Unread post by Lupis »

I say drop the two SBs if you don't really feel a connection anymore - true that they're rare, but being rare isn't everything.
As for the name... First ask your friend, then choose. :->

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

well the way i see it, if you feel there is no connection with them or you are never going to use them, then let them go. Yes it stinks with the hours being put in for camping them and they are rare, but if they never get used , and the pet you would get in their place would be used i would say do it. Hope you figure something out though :)
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Okay, my buddy has a few suggestions. Atrilo, Atrimorae, or Sariatri.

Atrilo being thunder, Atrimorae being thunder wolf... and Sariatri being a goddess of the wind, or some such.

I think they're all good choices, but what about you guys? :O
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Really liking Atrilo, it has a nice ring to it. Atrimorae is nice too, but a little too long - takes too long to say it, loses the charm.
I'd say Atrilo. :-)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

First, I agree with the others about the SB choice. It's pointless keeping pets we feel nothing for in our stables. 25 slots has made us more lassez-faire about that, but remember the days of 5 stable slots? Would you keep an animal you felt nothing for then, provided there were other you were interested in taming?

From the names I really like Sariatri, it sounds feminine, which Atrilo doesn't to me. I do like Atrimorae, but perhaps it's a tad long, like Lupis said. Then again, there's nothing wrong with giving animal's long names and it would shorten well to Atri, which kind of combines both Atrilo and Atrimorae. :)