New mounts in 5.4 so far...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Re: New mounts in 5.4 so far...

Unread post by Magnakilro »

SpiritBinder wrote:Interestingly enough, the "shredder" model did come with a lot of flying animations....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0h4Cm9SFcY
And if you look closely...its hands ARE little pincer claws....I think its safe to say that this shredder is our 'Not Sky Claw"
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

SpiritBinder wrote:Interestingly enough, the "shredder" model did come with a lot of flying animations....

not sure if it means anything, but the achievement icon for Siegecrafter Blackfuse looks VERY similar.

there is also an icon for "ability mount stormcrowmount"

also the achievement icon (and PTR dungeon journal) for Galakras is red, so perhaps the mount will also be red?

PTR is not at all stable for me right now (loads about 90% then LOLNOPE), so as soon as I can get in, I will screencap the dungeon journal.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Nice find Quiv,

I'm not surprised that an achievement icon looks the same/similar, they do recycle icons at times and the achievement might even involve the new model.

The storm crow mount however, I had heard nothing of that, can’t wait to see what that’s linked with.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

The dungeon journal actually has a red proto model in the Galakros armor, if the PTR would ever load, I could upload it >< Of course it doesn't mean anything. Alysrazor didn't drop her skin, but instead dropped a flame raven lord, so who knows. Galakros itself, as of this build, is red though. Now come on PTR.

Edit: Image
Last edited by Quiv on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aha! Thank you :) We based the black skin theory on the protodrake being trained outside Orgrimmar. But it looks pretty convincing that it'll be red now.

And... stormcrow?? I wonder what it'll look like! It's hard to guess from that icon. A blue Thunder Isle bird mount with lightning? A new phoenix? :)

And the shredder is looking more and more like a raid thing. Doesn't mean it couldn't be a mount too, but it looks like it was primarily designed for a raid encounter.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

This is true. The mount could have any skin as a base colour as there are no clear rules as the mounts being identical to their sources. It was the most logical choice to assume that it would have been a black proto as she is depicted as one out the front of Ogrimmar (when they were feeding her trolls, I did giggle when I picked up on the ironic nature of it, Don't Feed The Troll, Feed It The Trolls!)

Also the mount was labelled "Reins of Galakras" so it assumable that it is actually her you have as the mount. rather than if it was labelled "Brood of Galakras" or "Galakras Drake" or what not making her mounted version more likely to be a variation of.

(edit)

Wain beat me :P

Oh and also for the SiegeBreaker Achieve, it could be linked to this model, that does have a very similar look to the "shedder" mount

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVdYl2lqep4

­
­
­
Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

I'm surprised no one has bothered to point out that Galakras' name sounds a lot like Galakrond, the alleged "progenitor of dragonkind". Both of them are protodrakes, too! :O
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

For the black protodrake idea, they DID say they were looking to find ways to put it and the plagued one back in the game... I can't find the tweet again, but I remember it being discussed on a wowhead page about the Black Market. Not the most reliable source, I know.

But it makes me wonder. They did end up putting the plagued one back in, if you're lucky enough to snag it on the BM, so it seems to me like this might be the black one coming back!

Or maybe I'm just overly hopeful.(;
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Correct, the Plagued Protodrake was returned to the game via the BMAH in patch 5.1, only the black remains retired at this point in time. I too am hopeful that one day they will return the black one in some way, even if they do just add it to the BMAH. It would be annoying to try and get one, but at least it's still technically possible, the removal all together I find rather sad. That said, if they don't want to bring back the original ZG and ZA mounts, why not pop them on the BMAH too.

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I found the updated Galakras model. In earlier patches they'd had a separate model folder for it, but in this patch they merged it into the regular protodrake folder. It's most definitely the red one.

Unfortunately the model isn't rendering 100% correctly. The eyes are blank, and the regions that should have hair (the neck and the spurs) instead have miniaturized copies of the armour skin. But at least the model is mostly complete.

I've updated WCM with the new image: http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/galakras.php

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Slapperfish wrote:I'm surprised no one has bothered to point out that Galakras' name sounds a lot like Galakrond, the alleged "progenitor of dragonkind". Both of them are protodrakes, too! :O

http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/72249-galakras

The title says The Last Brood of Galakrond, so you are right! :)

I also feel the Galakras model isn't finished. The Northrend red model isn't red enough for that, and they really can't give us what is essentially an old model with new armor for a boss AND an achievement meta mount. Plus, all other models are somewhat new.

Also Not a Sky Claw was changed to Sky Golem, and it is confirmed that it is the Shredder model. So all you engineers with a lot of money, oh, and goblins -- yay? :D

And a video of the model.

Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

OMG-MY-OWN-MECH-YAY~!! :D

I like the swingy flight, and absolutely love the dome closing on you when it swims. Also the proppelers... /enginerdgasmsqueee

Does anyone know if he's engineering-restricted for use? My panda shammy (herb/alch) would sooo love him, so she wouldn't have to count on my nelf druid farming herbs for her. Plus, with blue/gold, it would fit her mog :)

Anyway, I'm starting stalking AH for cheap Living Steel RIGHT NAO!

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Woo :) Good find! "Golem" seems a weird name for something that is clearly not in any way a golem. But, oh well, it looks awesome :)
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

This thread got me thinking.. I think I might start farming for protodrake mounts. Have one of the Uldiar ones and 3 TLPDs, need to get the other Ulduar, and start trying for the Blue, and watching the BMAH...
Account has been closed at user's request.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Oddly enough there are quite a few metal/mechanical Golem designs and concepts (normally in relation to video games), I guess it's just the adaption of the Jewish folklore and the inanimate matter thing.
But strictly following the folklore it was normally clay/earth/stone, but then blizzard are well known for taking ideas and calling them things they aren't ;)

Quilin = Image

Foo dog = Image

Wyvern = Image

Manticore = Image

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, but golems already exist in the game, and have some similarity to their real world mythology counterparts. This is just a mechanical suit that you wear and control :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

SpiritBinder wrote:Oddly enough there are quite a few metal/mechanical Golem designs and concepts (normally in relation to video games), I guess it's just the adaption of the Jewish folklore and the inanimate matter thing.
But strictly following the folklore it was normally clay/earth/stone, but then blizzard are well known for taking ideas and calling them things they aren't ;)

Quilin = Image

Foo dog = Image

Wyvern = Image

Manticore = Image
Well if you want to get technical it's a Chinese guardian lion, Foo dog is the white person name for it XD I am captian picky and I shall pick things! :lol:

Just joshing ya :P
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

...Soo....how noisy is the flying golem? I can't imagine it to be a quiet mount...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Is it the type of mount where you need the prof to ride it or only make it?
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Well, regarding the Quillen, if you look at the old artwork from the various Asian countries, each one has their own version of the "lion dog", all the way from India down to Thailand/Malaysia, and up to the Koreas. Quite interesting to see the variation.

But Blizz is famous for that. Don't get me started on how they handle minerals and ore... Copper is about the only one that actually is correct, sorta. And then there's the fish....
Account has been closed at user's request.