Timeless Isle Screenshots (WARNING: BIG PICS) - DONE!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Timeless Isle Screenshots (WARNING: BIG PICS) - DONE!

Unread post by Wain »

I just posted a note on the PTR forum suggesting a couple of unused skins (one crane, one Pandaren tiger) that could be copied across to the wild beast folders and could be used on that isle. I also suggested a few other file copies that would help get more available looks. Some of those copying jobs were begun and not finished.

So if you feel like posting in support for this, my thread is at: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 6?page=1#0

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Shade wrote:Don't rush too far ahead. I think it is very likely those are just place holders for now and both the white tigers and the pink cranes will change to other colors. There were pink cranes in the original MoP beta that got changed to green before or (right at?) launch. I don't know that GC and co would put all that work into designing the rares and the tracking to make the models a walk up and tame on the island.

Though I could be wrong too. I just would remember that it is beta and can still change.
Trust me. I am in no way rushing ahead. Beta is beta and I've been through every beta to know Blizzard's mind changes with the wind on many many things.

However. That being said. Blizzard has NO QUALMS about duplicating a model on rares or elites. Humar and The Dark Prowler are a perfect example. Echeyakee and Sian-Rotam, Little Bjorn and Mange, Bleakheart and Fidonis. And many many rares were turned common skin models to. So you can't say that you wouldn't know that they'd do it. :D

Personally. I wouldn't mind Savage's skin having a second. But that's just me.

@ Wain - Excellent post! I will post on it as soon as I find my authenticator. :oops:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:I just posted a note on the PTR forum suggesting a couple of unused skins (one crane, one Pandaren tiger) that could be copied across to the wild beast folders and could be used on that isle. I also suggested a few other file copies that would help get more available looks. Some of those copying jobs were begun and not finished.

So if you feel like posting in support for this, my thread is at: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 6?page=1#0

I am in full support of this, and will add my +1. However something dawned on me... When I first started writing my post, I was going to say that changed the tiger and crane from the frost and pink to an unused is probably something mainly those with hunters would understand since only hunters ever see the frost tiger and pink crane in the wild... and then it dawned on me that maybe that is why they are putting these "hidden rare" models on this island, so other classes actually have a chance to see them in the wild. At least with other rares in game, people can see them (if they are lucky enough).

It may be an iffy reason, may not hold water, but made me wonder. Either way, you got my feeble +1! All for using unused skins!

Edit: I can't seem to find a picture of the two unused skins you were referring to. I remember you bringing them up but was that under the 5.3 PTR? Can't find thread.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Warsaber (sans armour):

Thread (showing comparison with other white tigers): http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 50&t=20978

Grey Crane:

Thread (with comparison to white crane): http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 44&t=20186
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quivering wrote:something dawned on me... When I first started writing my post, I was going to say that changed the tiger and crane from the frost and pink to an unused is probably something mainly those with hunters would understand since only hunters ever see the frost tiger and pink crane in the wild... and then it dawned on me that maybe that is why they are putting these "hidden rare" models on this island, so other classes actually have a chance to see them in the wild. At least with other rares in game, people can see them (if they are lucky enough).
And I think it's a good reason. Those beautiful skins were made for everyone to enjoy and it's great they'll be more visible. I'm actually surprised they lowered the cranes to 90, though. I do like the idea of "rare during expansion but easier to get after", as it's a good compromise situation. Like all the Madexx-style scorpids in MoP. They really were too beautiful to lock up in one rare in an old zone and now they get to show off.
Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane

Unread post by Fangz »

I posted one rare that isn't on here on my thread but I found another rare!
Attachments
Another rare.jpg
Another rare.jpg (448.41 KiB) Viewed 13107 times
rare spawn frog.jpg
rare spawn frog.jpg (382.72 KiB) Viewed 13107 times
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Ohhhh, I like the look of that dragon!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ooo black lightning!
ShootsAlot
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by ShootsAlot »

Alani's cousin? Perhaps it drops [Reins of the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent]
What did the buffalo say when his son left? Simple: Bison
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I'll be upset if there are tameable pink cranes. I'm still mad about the Thunderworgs that look like Skoll.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

ShootsAlot wrote:Alani's cousin? Perhaps it drops [Reins of the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent]

I do hope they try to squeeze in as much Cloud Serpent colors as they can before this expansion ends. Likely, Yu'lon will drop a Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent. This mob looks stunning, though. HOpe it drops a Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent.

The only color I want to see for sure is Heavenly Azure. The colors are so striking.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor eu

Unread post by Hilde »

I wish I could hang out in a timeless place, no stress and forever young! :p

I really like lush places, which is why places like nagrand and sholazar basin are my favorites. So this is a nice change to the dark, sodden Isle of Thunder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I found another rare, and this appears to be a unique skin. It is a level 91 crab, so it won't be tameable yet, but it appears unique to me!

Getting a good snap was difficult considering he was sorta tucked away in a nook, and had a tendency to turn -_-

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh wow, Quiv! That kinda looks like the reverse style of the previous ones. In this case it looks like the red crab with blue markings, but the skins overlaid in the reverse order. That's my guess, anyway. It looks great :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I found a second Monstrous Spineclaw in a different location, same stats, same color, just... different location. Seemed... odd.

Edit: Also there are a metric TON of clickies on this island. Fruit, nests, chests of various sorts, crystals, statues, mounds of dirt, an empty turtle shell, just all sorts of clickies.
Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane

Unread post by Fangz »

found yet another rare its a snake this time.

edit: found a group of rares. Not sure if they were meant to be rares but here they are.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_070813_183305.jpg
WoWScrnShot_070813_183305.jpg (427.85 KiB) Viewed 13107 times
Group of rares.jpg
Group of rares.jpg (503.25 KiB) Viewed 13107 times
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I saw that group of rares as well. I held off on reporting because, like you, I'm not sure if its meant to be that way. that looks like its going to be a rough region regardless, though.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Back on the Onyx Lightning Serpent rare mob. This PTR build, an icon for an Onyx Lightning Serpent mount was datamined. Connected perhaps? :D
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Let's hope so! I wish they would go ahead and push this build to the PTR, I wanna see if Timeless Isle is open yet, or at least snoop to see any changes/additions. :D
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I know one thing, it isn't seeming like Timeless Isle is a place you want to take a fresh or undergeared 90. Hostile elites everywhere, especially on the path to Ordos.

So new stuff I found.

when flying out to the edge of the island, I noticed this icon on my minimap. I hovered over it and it said Monstrous Spineclaw. I had discovered these in the last PTR build but they didn't have these icons. Another thing is the icon only appear when my toon was near it, not when I eagle eyed (despite eagle eye changing the minimap). The other rare I got close to did not do this.

Actually I should say the other rare got close to me, as in it swam directly through me where I was standing in the water. Didn't aggro though. I sent my pet to hit it and it didn't aggro, so I have been dumping roundings into slowly widdling away at his HP since his HP doesn't reset.

However I may stop because I found something else out. Apparently things dont have loot yet. I was able to pull the above Monstrous Spineclaw and kill it. No loot.

Snooping around, I found this, a rare ship mob. Thats also a beast. WAT (dig the name)

I also know how the Death Adders got their name...

Since Wain brought it to our attention about unused tiger/crane skins, I noticed the rare green crane has disappeared and I have yet to see a rare tiger on the island. And don't get it twisted, there are rares EVERYWHERE, and of nearly every single mob type EXCEPT turtles, and (maybe now) the crane. Made me think...
Last edited by Quiv on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.