5.4 Bestiary

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 5.4 Bestiary

Unread post by Wain »

Added three wolves from Darkmoon Island. Sadly none are tameable. All look the same:

Wolves

Image Name: Moonfang Snarler
ID: 56160
Appearance: direwolfskindarkblack
Level: 89-90
Classification: Normal
Tameable: NO. Not flagged tameable.
Notes: This one is just a name and appearance change of an existing NPC ID. Called "Darkmoon Wolf" on live and has a black coyote appearance. Need to be killed as first stage in summoning Moonfang.

Image Name: Moonfang Dreadhowl
ID: 71982
Level: 91
Classification: Elite
Notes: Have glowing eyes. Spawn after Moonfang Snarlers killed. Need to be killed as second stage in summoning Moonfang.

Image Name: Moonfang Packmate
ID: 72038
Level: 90
Classification: Normal
Notes: Spawn during Moonfang fight.

I guess I could also add Moonfang as a new appearance. Maybe they'll make a rare like her someday :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pity. :<

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Equeon wrote:
Qraljar wrote: New pet species would obviously be more complicated to implement with balancing required, but it's always possible to just look at existing NPCs of that type, pick a commonly-used ability, and tweak the numbers to fit other pets.

Kunchong - Pheromones - Functions like a worm's spit.
Pterrorwing - Silencing Shriek - Functions like a moth's silence.

You get the idea. All the animations and functionality are already there, the only thing preventing it from being a hunter pet is the lack of a default family ability.
why?

kuchongs are basically skin updated slithith mobs they could have been easily added to the current slithith roster

pterrorwings could have been added to current birds of prey I guess

New mob does not necessarily mean a new pet group has to be made for it they can also add them to the already existing ones but that's my 2 cents.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Guys, please keep the "families I want to tame" discussion to a relevant thread. There've been so many! Keep this thread for tracking down 5.4 stuff.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

According to Wowhead, there are some add-Bats on heroic Thok the Bloodthristy, that seem to use the new Bat model. But because they are part of a boss fight, I doubt that they are tamable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aggannor wrote:According to Wowhead, there are some add-Bats on heroic Thok the Bloodthristy, that seem to use the new Bat model. But because they are part of a boss fight, I doubt that they are tamable.
I've been wondering about those!

They're a bit weird in that they use the "no armour" version of the new bat model, but use the armoured skin (without the actual armour part). As a result they look a bit terrible in parts. The chains around the neck and the saddle look wrong and distorted on that model.

Or at least that's how they still appear in Wowhead. They may have fixed them since.