Clarification-Timeless isle PvP?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Clarification-Timeless isle PvP?

Unread post by Shade »

Is the Timeless Isle a forced PvP zone? I was watchign a youtuber who I am subscribed to do a short video clip on the island and he was ganked by a random person marked PvP, which surprised him because I dont think he was marked PvP up to that point.

So is it all PvP, PvP in a certain area or based on if you are in a PvP realm or not?
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Re: Clarification-Timeless isle PvP?

Unread post by Aggannor »

It was probably one new novelty item, which turns you into Yangol, causes you to lose 90% of your health, flags you for PvP and allows ganking of EVERYONE (including your faction) for coins that can be used for some other novelty items.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Clarification-Timeless isle PvP?

Unread post by Quiv »

I have used this item http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102467, and this is what it does...

It makes you friendly to all NPCs, mobs everything.

You are friendly with other players who with buff from the censer.

To horde players, I look like an unflagged alliance. May be a bug but it did not flag me for PVP.

I could not attack anyone who was not already flagged.

I flagged myself for PVP, no change to any of the above except for the fact I was attackable by both factions.

so as it stands, this item does not allow you to gank unflagged people (thank god!)