Hunter's new Legendary Cloak proc

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Hunter's new Legendary Cloak proc

Unread post by Tsuki »

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Hunter's new Legendary Cloak proc

Unread post by Makoes »

Damn...Now I really DO need to get that cloak...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

It is indeed back, but there is some behavior that is a bit... odd... that I want to draw attention to.

First, the "volley" AOE effect is a proc, which means we don't control it.

Second, it puts a couple second buff on YOU, the player, and not the target it procced with. This worries me a bit because even if something is behind you, if you target it while the proc buff is active, your target now has a pulsing AOE on it, pulling it and things around it.

Yikes!

Still this is tons better than the original implementation. that was just weirdo melee hunter stuff.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

im currently on the "collect 40 trillium and 20 stone thingies" I already have the 40 trillium but only 2 of the stone thingies, I hate ToT with a pation, any tips to make it more fun guys? also, I love the black prince, I wanna become a black dragon because of him :lol:
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Quivering wrote:It is indeed back, but there is some behavior that is a bit... odd... that I want to draw attention to.

First, the "volley" AOE effect is a proc, which means we don't control it.
Reminds me of the caster trinket from cata Cunning of the Cruel. My boomkin has it and the bloody thing would go off all the time, hitting mobs left and right lol!! Was pretty good for raiding in terms of AOE but if you were questing you'd pull all sorts of mobs haha!

Meh got 6 of the tablets...so annoying the drop rates of them. Thank goodness i'm only doing it on one toon >.>

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Side note, just saw that the celestials are the new Nalak, but tougher. And they drop tier gear.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

ashdawn wrote:im currently on the "collect 40 trillium and 20 stone thingies" I already have the 40 trillium but only 2 of the stone thingies, I hate ToT with a pation, any tips to make it more fun guys? also, I love the black prince, I wanna become a black dragon because of him :lol:
Wait for 5.4 :) tere's a huge chance they'll buff the drop rate of the legendary items from ToT.

Also, if the 20 items is such a bad thing for you, then one of the next stages before the cloack part is 12 other items, droping from 6 last bosses very rarely. I've farmed it for many, many weeks, usually getting only 1 each week (the one guaranteed from TK himself). Believe me, THAT's a torture :oops:

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Myrrmi wrote:
ashdawn wrote:im currently on the "collect 40 trillium and 20 stone thingies" I already have the 40 trillium but only 2 of the stone thingies, I hate ToT with a pation, any tips to make it more fun guys? also, I love the black prince, I wanna become a black dragon because of him :lol:
Wait for 5.4 :) tere's a huge chance they'll buff the drop rate of the legendary items from ToT.

Also, if the 20 items is such a bad thing for you, then one of the next stages before the cloack part is 12 other items, droping from 6 last bosses very rarely. I've farmed it for many, many weeks, usually getting only 1 each week (the one guaranteed from TK himself). Believe me, THAT's a torture :oops:
and here is me thinking that its the last collect quest :( I shall wait for 5.4, as for making lfr fun? I came up with an idea: see how many times someone says "noob"
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

they did say that the stuff for the cloak (the sigils, secrets and runestones) will be dropping in SoO so that should increase your acquisition rate, and you might not hate the raid quite as much.

then again, it's possible that the difficulty spike between ToT and SoO will make you hate it even more.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Myrrmi wrote:Also, if the 20 items is such a bad thing for you, then one of the next stages before the cloack part is 12 other items, droping from 6 last bosses very rarely. I've farmed it for many, many weeks, usually getting only 1 each week (the one guaranteed from TK himself). Believe me, THAT's a torture :oops:
Ugh, yeah, when I was doing that part, the addition to guarantee one from Lei Shen each week was a miracle. \o/

I basically have to do all this again on a warlock, too, heh, oops. Can't wait to farm for that one last bit of the questline for Neilaren's cloak, though! :)