Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Novikova »

... I bought the wrong accent ... d'oh!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Freya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade

Unread post by Freya »

I think I'm done with a certain thread on FR. It was fun at first. Light hearted and amusing. Now people just seem to be trying to be overly rude. Well at least a certain person on there. :/
I mean, I don't care if you dislike a certain tert (everyone has a right to their opinions), but when you keep posting after a couple replies, making sure you emphasize (more so than necessary) how ugly people's dragons are with that tert, it REALLY starts to grate my nerves. :evil:

EDIT: OMG. Is it a full moon or something?!? Everywhere I go today people are being overly RUDE... :(

On a positive note. Many thanks to Nachtwulf for helping me gift a very sweet friend with a lovely new addition to her lair today. She was delighted and it definitely lifted my spirits! <3
Last edited by Freya on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freya Frostclaw - Beastmaster - Scarlet Crusade
-= Flight Rising =-

KoreNestis
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Flight Rising

Unread post by KoreNestis »

Arghhhh, 708 gems, I hope I can get the rest for Iridescent soon...

I will hurt you for this. I don’t know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you’ll know the debt is paid.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Glad I could help, Freya, and glad he went to a good home!

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Freya wrote:I think I'm done with a certain thread on FR. It was fun at first. Light hearted and amusing. Now people just seem to be trying to be overly rude. Well at least a certain person on there. :/
I mean, I don't care if you dislike a certain tert (everyone has a right to their opinions), but when you keep posting after a couple replies, making sure you emphasize (more so than necessary) how ugly people's dragons are with that tert, it REALLY starts to grate my nerves. :evil:
Is it bad that I know EXACTLY which thread you're on about? -.-

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

[casually just waves good-bye to my dream of ever owning a goddamn cranial hornhelm]
fucking ridiculous

i know they prolly just tossed it up to keep it outta their inventory for a bit but still
the damn things are either not on the AH at all, or cost a fucking fortune in treasure or gems if they are :/

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

GODDAMN JESUS FUCK ONNA STICK MORRIS

I HATE THIS BOT. I KNOW IT IS A BOT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN YOU MISPOST A DRAGON THEY WILL SNAP IT UP BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN REFRESH THE PAGE OR PULL IT BACK DOWN BECAUSE IT WAS A MISTAKE AND THEY IGNORE YOU IF YOU ASK FOR THE DRAGON BACK

I've reported this goddamn bot user REPEATEDLY and nothing's been done but they ban people for posting on the forums with stupid shit or lock down accounts for paper-thin reasons and yet they don't do ANYTHING about this asshat abusing the site and running code to automate their damn dragon-vacuuming scheme.

I lost a white/white/ice irishim gem imp to this asshat just now. I am so pissed. (http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view ... id=5202795)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Novikova

Ugh, Morris. :/ I think you can crossroads with him but I don't know how reasonable they are. I really don't understand how, outside of a bot or script, they can hover up dragons so much. The icing on the cake is the whole I DON'T RESPOND TO MESSAGES EVER. ANXIETY! LOL I FLIP DRAGONS ALL THE TIME HERE IS A GIANT BANNER SAYING THAT I FLIP DRAGONS AND BTW I WILL PROBABLY NOT GIVE YOU YOUR DRAGON BACK AND RESELL IT UNLESS I LIKE THE AMOUNT. LOL. PS - I FLIP DRAGONS AND GRAB ERRONEOUSLY LISTED ONES LIKE STUPID FAST. TOO BAD. PS- BE NICE TO ME I HAVE ANXIETY.

And I love the all caps rants on his own comment page.

I'm really not sure why it bothers me so much. I guess it's the combined awfulness of it all, and abusing a legitimate problem to act like a giant jerk-Titanic that hit a jerk-berg and sank into the jerk depths.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Freya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Freya »

Alex wrote:Image
[casually just waves good-bye to my dream of ever owning a goddamn cranial hornhelm]
fucking ridiculous
i know they prolly just tossed it up to keep it outta their inventory for a bit but still
the damn things are either not on the AH at all, or cost a fucking fortune in treasure or gems if they are :/
Alex: Good god almighty! And I thought my dream of a boneyard tatters was bad! O.o

Nachtwulf: Every time I hear about this guy/girl, I just want to *inserts a censored sign here*! (I really don't think this thread wants to hear the salty sailor terms I'd like to use). ;) It especially pisses me off that they use their 'supposed' social anxiety as an excuse to be a complete and total arse. People like that really trip my trigger...
Novikova wrote:to act like a giant jerk-Titanic that hit a jerk-berg and sank into the jerk depths.
^ THIS is the single GREATEST thing I've heard in a darn long time. *So much love*

-= Flight Rising =-

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I know it's a bot because it's happened every single time I've misposted a dragon, whether it was at 3:30am or noon or 6pm. Living beings need sleep. A living being doesn't spasmodically refresh the dragon listings 24/7. Also it would take at least a few seconds to refresh the listings, and even physically push the buttons to make the purchase, whereas Morrisbot's purchases happen instantaneously. You post it, it's gone, no time delay at all.

I made an angry post to support but I doubt they'll do anything. Just like they've never done anything about the other times I've reported it.

Novikova

Thanks. :D

And I dunno. I get enjoying AH sniping, buying low, selling high, blah blah. Frankly, it bores me to tears but I know that some people love it. Sometimes it feels obnoxious with the limited market quantities (hi, I'm looking at you certain familiars and smoke scrolls).

Dragon flipping is sort of a contentious issue, since he's often profiting from misposted dragons, people who might not know better and won't give them back most of the time. Having a giant banner that proclaims him a dragon flipper on top of 'never message me, I will never read it LOL ANXIETY BUT YOU BETTER BE NICE TO ME' just - is an awful combo. I get it. Possession is 9/10ths of the law, blah blah. Yes, I can understand that some people on FR are very rude and demanding. Sure, I can imagine that losing a prized dragon or something you planned on selling for more would be upsetting and normally nice people might not be so nice. But even IF someone is disabled and at home full time, they still couldn't be on grabbing dragons within split seconds 24/7. People need to sleep, use the restroom, etc. He'd need superhuman wrist muscles and a flaming internet connection or something to be refreshing the AH that much.

I dunno. If I grabbed a mislisted dragon, and someone asked for it back, I'd just ask for the amount I paid or hand it back. Maybe I'm too soft.

Freya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Freya »

On a side rant...

It's been over a week and I still haven't heard back from the person who I'm REALLY wanting to buy a dragon from. LOG ON, darn it! I'm starting to tire of getting overly excited every time I see that I have new mail in hopes that it's a reply from this person. :( The one person that has the color combo I dearly want/need right now has to be suddenly inactive. With my luck, they were banned or something. Ugh. *tries to remain hopeful*

-= Flight Rising =-

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Honestly, I'm thinking I just need to put this down and walk away for awhile. I like my dragons, I do. But I'm increasingly bored with the chores, I can't sell my dragons for enough to make it interesting, even when they're very nice, I'm not into the RP angle, and then the admins/staff flagrantly ignore bots and script abuse while acting like having a second account is some kind of heinous abomination? Bleah.

Novikova

... missing a mottled buttersnake in the marketplace by seconds. :( And yeah, sometimes if it's not fun, it's better just to put it down for awhile.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

thes ite runs super slow for me today for some reason.....

cant log in on the site.. it does not have a running loading circle or anything.. its like the login button doenst work at all

i cant log in :cry: :cry: :cry:

edit: its only firefox who is giving me trouble.. chrome works.. for now.. but i cannot save addult previews on chrome.. yay :roll:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

oh, good so I'm not the only one the site runs slow for? It's doing it to me on chrome though, so I don't know what the deal is...

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

So am I crazy or is the festival really skimpy on Sprockets this year?
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm getting a ton through gathering, but I've gotten very few in coli. Then again, I haven't done too much farming?

I've heard a ton of people are getting very few Sprockets though.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I think the last few days I've only gotten maaaaybe low 20s, which isn't as bad as some but I remember I'd almost always have plenty leftover after I get the stuff I want and now I'm sort of like eeesh I can afford one of everything maybe by the end of the week if I don't grind...