Flight Rising Rant Thread

Freya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Freya »

Oh Tarn, I'm so sorry that happened to one of your gorgeous babies, sweetie! :( She really was beautiful! I like to go snooping through my dragons offspring list on a regular basis and just found out that one of my rare obs/obs/crim spiral babies that sold for 50kT was recently exalted? What? Why? :( I really wish the people would ask the original owner after making a mistaken buy if they want them back. Heck, I know I would have taken my lovely girl back in. Oh well.

And on a completely unrelated amusing side note... I now have to hide the Ruffles Wavy Potato Chip bag from my cat. For some odd reason she has an obsession with trying to trying to eat them. If the bag is on the floor, she'll pull it around and try to open it to get the chips. I've never seen a cat have an interest in potato chips before. You are one weird kitty, Spook. :lol:

Freya Frostclaw - Beastmaster - Scarlet Crusade
-= Flight Rising =-

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I think, maybe, the person who bought her made the mistake? Like, maybe they bought her and then realized crud, they didn't want that color, or it was an impulse buy. That happens a lot- and generally people don't really want to go through the chore of re-listing a dragon, so they just exalt. It's possible that the name "IMadeAMistake" was to explain to you why the dragon is exalted, so they feel less awkward about it!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I think, maybe, the person who bought her made the mistake? Like, maybe they bought her and then realized crud, they didn't want that color, or it was an impulse buy. That happens a lot- and generally people don't really want to go through the chore of re-listing a dragon, so they just exalt. It's possible that the name "IMadeAMistake" was to explain to you why the dragon is exalted, so they feel less awkward about it!

probally the case.. but the name.. ergh.. i dont mind a random name like Grrare , Misdoiae or something.. but IMadeAMistake just looks awefull on the offspring list..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Yeah... unfortunately, if you say anything about how people name dragons, they throw a fit about it and vehemently hiss that "you should've named it before putting it on the AH!" like... okay, good, but other people don't like buying named dragons that are above 15k you dumbasses, what's your argument for that? :\

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Alex wrote:Yeah... unfortunately, if you say anything about how people name dragons, they throw a fit about it and vehemently hiss that "you should've named it before putting it on the AH!" like... okay, good, but other people don't like buying named dragons that are above 15k you dumbasses, what's your argument for that? :\

yeah i find that a dumb argument.. alsosome of the random names are kinda harsh.. i know i got banished the other day.. being one of my own offspring i did not mind it.. but i would never name someone else hatchling that

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I've always thought people should be able to name their dragons what they want. I've had people give me shit for naming a dragon they did not like and it's horrible! The lame excuse they gave me for being nasty to me was "It was my dragon before hand so I have a right to tell you this" I'm sorry but if you don't like people giving them names you don't like don't sell them then sheesh.

Not saying you guys do that of course XD
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I'm pretty sure multiple threads have disproved that if it's a named dragon and they really want it they'll buy it anyways. ;)

And I know I'll buy dragons for a lot then realize nah I'm not interested and exalt it without second thought. I like keeping a small lair and occasionally it feels stagnant--which means a lot of dragons have to go.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

"Cutiepaws" wrote on "2014-08-17:
Does it matter? I don't know about other flights, but water has contacts in all other flights that provide this information for a fee. Does anyone still use profile pages to spy?
...I really hope this isn't true.

Sauce- http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&b ... 003&page=1

Siggy under construction!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

No it is not true, I am pretty sure she was being sarcastic, because really does it matter about the name?

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Oh good. I was about to start glaring every time I saw someone from water @_@;

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Besides we're water and the Tidelord knows all anyways :P

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

:lol: This is true! No wonder he's so quiet!

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Even exalt fodder isn't selling now.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah... and I'm sad I have to exalt even ones I think are cute because I need the treasure for lair space. :/ I'll get there sometime...
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

I need to clear out my lair. I dread tracking down people who gave me dragons, to see what they want me to do with them, now that I no longer have space for them. I have no room left for nests and selling exalt fodder is my main source of income. Or was, now that even hatchlings at 3,000t or less won't move.

I do like my dragons but the site is quickly becoming unpleasant.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah... I'm probably going to have to give one or two back. I'm not really making much fundage, though I've been trying to level my guys for the Coliseum, etc. Even 3k treasure is just too much apparently.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

Wow. I haven't really been on FR in awhile (or here or wow) because RL has been horrible... And just... smoke gene is still being sniped for? -sigh- Whyyyyy.
Freya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade

Unread post by Freya »

Found a beautiful coatl last night that I absolutely fell for, but didn't have quite enough cash to purchase (even though she was SOOOO much cheaper than any of the others of her same colors). Get off work today to find that one of my dragons FINALLY sold and I have enough treasure to buy her... and she was already bought by someone else. I'm really not surprised since she was priced so low, but it kind of put a real damper on my day now. :( Oh well, if I look on the bright side, it's more money I have to play around with to help snipe the MP for fellow petopians.

And now my distracted mood just caused me to lose the snipe on a pair of wings someone wanted. Ugh. *Tells self to focus*

Freya Frostclaw - Beastmaster - Scarlet Crusade
-= Flight Rising =-

Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

*is a horrible person* If you guys need to offload dragons, send 'em to the fire raffle. You'll get money out of it without the cut from the AH and will be able to win prizes too. I know it's not how you wished your dragons would go, but they'll be named and Fire Flight would appreciate it!
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Ugh. Figures I don't have the gems when I see a combo with smoke that I want and have been looking for on the AH. Obsidian/Crimson/Ref female tundra. :(