Flight Rising Rant Thread

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by zedxrgal »

The issue, for me, is that yes when I buy a gen one because it being a guardian or mirror and yes for the coliseum I expect that dragon to have the shred /scratch combo. I am already spending the treasure /gems buying the animal, gene scrolling it, then to find out I now have to spend another 30k just to get in with the coliseum abilities I originally wanted doesn't make me all that pleased.
And I'm trying honestly keep as little coin /gems out of my pocket as possible to afford things like ............oh ............ high priced lair expansions THAT ONLY GIVE YOU FIVE FREAKING SLOTS!!!!!
I'm sorry if it makes me the odd woman out feeling a little deceived because someone sold me a guardian that was originally a fae /tundra and never mentioned it had been breed changed. Yes I am that anal retentive with certain things.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

oh no, dont worry I completely get you with not wanting to shell out the 30k for a Tincture -- I grimaced having to buy three of them to wipe my coli team clean because one started out as a Fae-turned-WC way back when and another is a SD, which meant that my Guardian was sort of carrying the other two because they didn't have enough points into the same things that my Guardian did.

Unless the person was the one who hatched the egg + breed changed them, they also could've not known that the dragon had been previously changed. But if they were the one who hatched + changed it, then it would seem courteous of them to at least note that... I mean yeah, a lot of people just collect the Gen1's and don't coli train them, but still...

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Freya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade

Unread post by Freya »

(Small rant incoming...)

I really don't understand why some people feel the need to be a jerk to others (especially strangers) for no reason what-so-ever. I really hate that. I mean, come on, I work customer service 40 hours a week, have horrible days, and I still manage to be perfectly nice to people. Ugh. *sighs and lays head on desk*

I know the good people tend to out weigh the nasty on FR, but some days that one person can just make me call it a night. :(

Freya Frostclaw - Beastmaster - Scarlet Crusade
-= Flight Rising =-

zedxrgal

@ Alex - Yeah the guardian incident the gal had hatched the fae herself then changed him to a guardian. So she knew he was not that breed. The one was an error because he had not taken that dragon to the coliseum and didn't know that it had been breed changed before he got it. The third. I can only speculate. My other with tincturing is that, as far as I know, it only resets stats. Not the dragon's core ability. Which I need /want scratch. Not meditate. Plus these dragons were what I wanted exactly color wise etc. So yeah.

@ Freya - :hug: You poor thing! I have seen some really nasty people on there. Straight go for the jugular they do.

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Why do I log out every single time I try to check my mail????? So annoying! :| :mrgreen:

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

@Zed - at least the new battlestones don't cost much? :P if the scratch/shred stones cost as much as ambush&eliminates, that would be a pain in the ass to replace x(

ugh, speaking of, if anyone has any Ambush + Eliminate (Beserker too, but I won't need those for awhile) stones that they don't plan on using and just have laying around, would it be too much to sell them to me for relatively cheap? :? i've been trying to farm coli for them and (just like Ziva's goddamn armor set) they refuse to drop and the AH prices are atrocious :x

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Alex wrote:@Zed - at least the new battlestones don't cost much? :P if the scratch/shred stones cost as much as ambush&eliminates, that would be a pain in the ass to replace x(

ugh, speaking of, if anyone has any Ambush + Eliminate (Beserker too, but I won't need those for awhile) stones that they don't plan on using and just have laying around, would it be too much to sell them to me for relatively cheap? :? i've been trying to farm coli for them and (just like Ziva's goddamn armor set) they refuse to drop and the AH prices are atrocious :x
I've got 3 ambush, 11 eliminate and 23 berserker stones I'm happy to sell (with another ambush, eliminate and 2 berserker on my Lightning account) :3 I was going to make a new team but I really can't be bothered. How many of what would you like?

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Thank you Vare!
I already have 1 Berserker stone... but all my dragons are all lvl 10 so they won't be using those for another 7 levels :P

But I do need 3 ambush and eliminates, at least for now :P

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

ughhhh they banned the name "Sacrifice". That was a really good name for RP reasons and I'm not happy at all.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Sackrifice? spell it like that instead? silly name to bann.... really there is alot of silly names out there i would think came first..like anyting with satan in it would be nr 1 in my book...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

Ughhhh. I'm right there with you Lupis. I'd been planning all of Sagr's hatchies to be named that...after all, they're his emperor sacrifices. -sighs- Maybe they'll be 'Sagrifices'. I dunno. Why was this banned? -headdesk-
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Maybe someone should make a suggestion board to the mods and suggest that certain names can't be exalted, instead of just outright banning them :\
Like someone has all the right to name a dragon Mulch or Sacrifice if they kept them! ... but if they ever went to exalt that dragon, they'd get a message that says something along the lines of "That dragon cannot be exalted with that name!" and that they buy a renaming scroll.

idk that seems like it'd save a lot of problems for the devs to separate simply naming a dragon and naming a dragon and exalting it with said name

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Ehh, the problem is more that the name Sacrifice is one I'd use specifically for exalting. Not other people's dragons, but my own!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

zedxrgal

Wait. They banned a name? That's freaking dumb. :evil:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

maybe some synonyms instead..?
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/sacrifice

silly word to ban though O.o

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Of course Bar and Daub would come out while I have no treasure and on the day I'm out :(

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

I've just bought a lair expansion and low and behold! New genes :( *sob*

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

Ah, but that's the problem Alex. I want to exalt the hatchlings I breed out of a certain dragon with that name. Whoops--Lupis beat me to it! -plays on repeat- xD
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

mmm I don't know why they even banned it in the first place, it's not that bad compared to some of the things I've seen :/

also i'm gOING TO BREAK THE WORLD IN HALF, I HATE HUNTING SWIPP'S FOR SHIT

uuuhgghguh I'm also not gonna be able to nab a Corsair's bundle by the time they get cycled out, I have a bunch of things up for gems and still nothing is selling and definitely not at the price I need to get one x(

Freya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade

Unread post by Freya »

Well, this day/week has sucked. First my cell phone goes belly up and I can't find a replacement to get me through the rest of the month until I can upgrade. Then the ONE THING I've been looking forward to all darn week ends up going wrong as well. Argh. In a nutshell, I had someone on FR willing to sell me an accent I've been searching forever for and was willing to wait until I got paid today to let me purchase it. The person even gave me a price for it, etc. Then when I actually sent them an email to purchase it today, they decided to flake out and back out of the deal. *puts pillow over face and utters some expletives* Something really needs to go right soon. Ugh. *lays head on desk and sighs* I'm so irritated right now. Plus, to make my day even worse, I finally get a reply from someone I inquired to about purchasing one of their dragons. They tell me they'll sell the dragon to me, but for an heftier price than is really reasonable. So I very nicely reply back that I'm very interested in purchasing her, but with todays market the way it is, the price is just too high. Would he/she be willing to lower it a bit? I get a huge rant email back about how their dragons used to sell for almost 200kT and that the price they are charging me is very fair, etc etc etc. I find this a bit odd since they placed their other hatchling up on the AH for only 35kT, but they want to see if they can price gouge me on this one? Nope. I'm done replying. If you want to try and sell it for that much, fine. Good luck with that. *sigh* Why do people have to be suck gigantic arsehats lately? (Oh, and this morning when I log in, I find out the person exalted the hatchling anyway. WTF people... I would have given you much more than exalt price. Some people. You just can't reason with. *marks that person down on the 'will never do business with' list.*)

Freya Frostclaw - Beastmaster - Scarlet Crusade
-= Flight Rising =-