Flight Rising - General Discussion

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Flight Rising

Unread post by Lupis »

Mm, the banning thing is a tricky subject. But Zhuge, I really don't think you need to worry about your brother having an account! What they're looking for has been clearly stated in the thread, and you don't look like you match any of the criteria. It's not IP addresses they care about, or what kind of browser you use. They're looking for accounts where one or multiple don't do *anything* beyond supply another account with treasure/dragons/expensive items. No messages, no comments on profiles, no signs of actually being an individual.

As far as I can tell, the Mafia also has little to worry about, because they tend to comment and chat and show off that they're not fake.

A lot of the recent bannings have been of people who bot or cheat, too. That one's extra tricky because people don't exactly admit to it after they've been banned. They have no reason to, they want their account back. I remember a very famous user got banned some time back, and everyone flipped out- until months later the user admitted that they'd been using an item replication cheat almost since they'd started playing.

Certainly, not all the bans are botters/cheaters and the mods have made some mistakes. But a lot of people in the community are trying to make it look like the admins will ban literally anyone without reason, and that's just not true.

Honestly, I'm just glad they actually acknowledged, in that thread, that things need fixing.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

The other thing to keep in mind is there appears to be one user in particular who is hell bent on fear mongering and stirring up trouble. I am beginning to think they have some sort of personal stake in it. A lot of the post they start are highly inflammatory and have half truths and allegations in them.

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Syleye wrote:The other thing to keep in mind is there appears to be one user in particular who is hell bent on fear mongering and stirring up trouble. I am beginning to think they have some sort of personal stake in it. A lot of the post they start are highly inflammatory and have half truths and allegations in them.
Yeah, I think I know who you mean - I was beginning to think that their persistent questioning was a little over the top o.O There's a difference between natural curiosity and digging deep...
LupisDarkmoon wrote:Mm, the banning thing is a tricky subject. But Zhuge, I really don't think you need to worry about your brother having an account! What they're looking for has been clearly stated in the thread, and you don't look like you match any of the criteria. It's not IP addresses they care about, or what kind of browser you use. They're looking for accounts where one or multiple don't do *anything* beyond supply another account with treasure/dragons/expensive items. No messages, no comments on profiles, no signs of actually being an individual.

As far as I can tell, the Mafia also has little to worry about, because they tend to comment and chat and show off that they're not fake.

A lot of the recent bannings have been of people who bot or cheat, too. That one's extra tricky because people don't exactly admit to it after they've been banned. They have no reason to, they want their account back. I remember a very famous user got banned some time back, and everyone flipped out- until months later the user admitted that they'd been using an item replication cheat almost since they'd started playing.

Certainly, not all the bans are botters/cheaters and the mods have made some mistakes. But a lot of people in the community are trying to make it look like the admins will ban literally anyone without reason, and that's just not true.

Honestly, I'm just glad they actually acknowledged, in that thread, that things need fixing.
I really do hope so Lupis :D I've really enjoyed having family to play with - I knew my mom would love the breeding and buying side of things (I got my love of all things living from her) - but it's been a real surprise watching my manly dad and brother get excited about their pixel babies - was really proud watching my dad defend his magenta 'accidents' when my sister accused his pride and joy of being a failure :lol: (they were supposed to be dark evil plague babies and he counted down the days until the hatched like the count down to Xmas!) xD

It's a great site - if they smoothed out the glaring problems I could really see myself investing more time and paypal into the site - but as it is, it's hard to justify this :|

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

You don't have to be rich to run multiple accounts. >_> I take care of three accounts, well, four now with Otis having lost interest in the game. I play each account like its own person controls it and I make sure not to just constantly send over tons of treasure and dragons and what not. You don't have to charge your brother for dragons just because you're on the same computer. They can't prove whether or not a multi-person home is one person using multiple accounts. Four people live in my household and I live on a farm in the middle of nowhere; it's not totally unrealistic that we would all be on the same net connection and devices to access these accounts.

And even though I run multiple accounts, I'm by no means rich in game. I hate playing the AH, I hate the coli (I get bored too quick and my net is generally too slow to keep up), and most of the fairgrounds games bore me so it still takes me a long time to save up enough money to buy genes and such.

Anyway, on a different note: I'm looking to get into starting an RP clan but I'm really torn on how to go about doing it. I feel like using my actual account would be for the best should I do any posting on the forums or whatnot, but I'm in debate if I actually want to do a Plague RP clan; I feel like there's a lot of people (or a lot of my friends or something) who already have Plague-like clans and as much as I love Plague eyes and the Plaguemother, I'm not sure that's what I want to do. I'm leaning a lot towards Ice, but I'm scared to change my account because I've been Plague since I started in June. :lol: Plus I have a lot of dragon pruning to do as I have a lot of really goofy dragons that I don't picture in with my RP crowd so I've got to figure out how to relocate these dragons or risk running another side account for the RPing.

Any thoughts?

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Sounds like a tough one, I guess just pick the lore that fits with what you want to RP? Really wish we were allowed sub-clans for special purposes.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Right? xD I totally hate not being able to access multiple flights without 'breaking' the ToS because I really, really love my plague lair. But I'm not really feeling like RPing as plague. I think I'd be mad at myself if I swapped from Plague to Ice because there's a lot of things about plague I like (especially some of the dragons I just added specifically for red eyes xD). But Ice is what I'm feeling RP wise so I have to figure something out. >_>

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

When did they change the offspring list to have the exalted ones separated?

Edit: It's also bugged/lagging right now. Some of the ones listed as not exalted were actually exalted months ago.

Edit 2: Aaaaand they had to remove it because of site issues. Pity.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

They may have yanked it because of issues, but god am I glad it's in the works. It's something I've been wanting for awhile now (along with, like, a million other things they probably aren't working on, but baby steps).

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I want you all to meet (THIS IS NOT MY DRAGON BY THE WAY) Six. The only dragon in all of FR that is worth the same, if not more, than a Light Sprite.

Siggy under construction!

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

suCH NEW UPDATE, MORE LAIR SPACE HELL YEA

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

More lair space AND new dominance! Me likey!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Alex wrote:suCH NEW UPDATE, MORE LAIR SPACE HELL YEA
REALLY happy about this ... not so happy about the price tag :P

ohh and on a whole other note ... check this dragon out :P

he was born in my lair (his mother is baby). I looove his apparel and accent.. This made my day :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view ... id=1028461

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

This update is so cool! REALLY happy about a non-player dominance party, this should spice things up. And three winners means more motivation for multiple flights to fight!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

10000000000 point to Akira for the gifs in this post

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&b ... 177&page=1

im alittle apprehensively to use any of the new familiars.. im afraid to one day wake up and the dragon they have been with is gone.. 0.o

on a whole different note..

ARRGGGH I need 3 lair expansion!! :lol: :lol: ohh dear :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Can someone clue me in on where to find the new familiars?
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

The centaurs drop in scorched forest..not sure about the rest yet

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Dewclaw wrote:Can someone clue me in on where to find the new familiars?
all in this thread hun

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board= ... 06168&p=mb

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Thanks tarn. :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I can't wait to beat those stupid Llama guys. Longnecks is such an unoriginal name. >.<
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Who did I borrow Viola from?
I'd like to return her home now :)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?