Flight Rising Rant Thread

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Snowy »

Rosebud is my favourite dragon in my lair so it's actually hurt me quite a bit to see this happen. I mean I can understand them maybe not wanting them after a few months or so, I know I certainly don't have any of the dragons anymore that I first started with, but exalting them after only a week? Why..? :/ They could've at least asked me if I wanted them back...

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&b ... =1&anchor=
*runs around screaming*
HELP! HELP MEEEE! I CAN'T DEAL WITH IT!!! I'M HAVING ISSUES!!!!
*flops*
Edit--that's sucks Snowy...Rosebud is gorgeous, and so are his babies!
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Exalting a dragon after only a few days is pretty common practice, really. You buy the dragon, then a myriad of things can happen- it doesn't click, you find a better match, one with the genes you wanted- and then you've got a dragon you don't need anymore. Tossing them back on the AH is something not everyone's willing to do, because it can take a lot of time for a dragon to sell. Contacting the previous owner, as far as I can tell, is almost never done, because generally the attitude is "no longer my dragon, don't care". Plus, again, it can take a while for people to reply.

So you exalt it. Nothing against the dragon, it's just taking up space you might not be able to spare, and you don't have the time to sell it. That's happened to a few of my dragons, and I know I've done it before! It's a little bit of a downer to see the previously not-exalted dragon suddenly exalted, but there will always be more hatchlings.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Getting sick of failing to get these wolf capes. Just gunna pay a sniper to get me them and be done with it.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Maybe the idea of focusing on genes rather than breeding wasn't such a good idea >.< half the dragons I have in my lair won't fit in...but I'm sure you lot won't mind adopting some dragons will you? I'll have to think which dragons go with which, and if someone don't actually go then they'll be up for adoption.

At least two of my projects are nearly done as all the genes will be done in one go...just need to snipe some wolf capes now >.<
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Swipp I swear you keep throwing out the same damn swaps every time I look. Yes I'd love the venomscale armour and crimson silks but I don't have the mats for those yet. And I swear I'll flip your stand if I see another silver ore/gold ore trade pop up. Where's the cloudy wings trade hm?

Also I have a sudden urge to change half my dragons into pearlcatchers.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

wanna borrow a pearlie scroll for preview? might take some time before my xroad comes through...
(it just came through :P pm me if you want to borrow it anyway :D else i just turn the sd into a pearlie in a bit :D )
Last edited by Ana on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I need to stop...just finished writing a rather depressing little piece for Midnight, my progen. ;-; Involves Pooch, his exalted daughter, and Silverstream, his new mate. Basically makes it so the breed chsnge from a Fae to Guardian makes sense.

And I just realised I need to do so many dragon biographies soon >.< Zeria especially. I reckon Crackle would actually go. She's now nearly insane so umm, yeah. Crackle will make it look like she's covered in blood. Lovely imagery :P

Edit-- now I'm having second thoughts! I love Midnight as a fae, but I feel that as a fatherly figure he should become a Guardian so he can protect his young. Uhh help! Do I want to keep Midnight a fae, when Guardian suits him? Bear in mind that Silverstream is his mate now, so if he stays fae so does she. If he goes Guardian, well, she's going Guardian too. They look so nice as Guardians :3
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I don't know where else to put this, so it goes here. *sigh* I just exalted my random progen since he couldn't be traded/auctioned. He just ended up not working out for me like I'd hoped and because I'm wanting a matching mate for my custom progen, Aegis.

Goodbye, Pale. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but I'll never forget you and neither will Aegis...
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ahh noo! Pale! ;-; you poor sausage you...;-; how matching is 'matching' for a mate? I'm assuming one with similar colours with obs, crimson and gold?

Genius idea Kayro! Don't turn Midnight or Silverstream into guardians! Buy two more dragons for breed changes instead! Heh no me...that's not a good idea. Let's just stick to the project...

Edit-- actually falcon, if you didn't mind waiting a little while I can breed you a mate for Aegis. Solar Flare should be guardians by the time the lass can breed like the male, and because the baby will have circuit you'll be getting smoke babies :) in around a month the babies should be here so if you'd like you can take your pick from them.
Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Seen an adorable little crystal guardian boy - he's one of 3 in the clutch, same colours, same genes - but he's the only guardian - other 2 are spirals. He was listed for gems on the AH so I asked for a treasure price - the owner wants over 100kT more for the guardian boy than the spirals?! Aren't guardians more common than spirals? Just doesn't seem fair to me and I feel like they have bumped the price because I have expressed an interest :( He's gorgeous but I can't afford that much extra - grrrr :(

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

:hug: Falcon. I've had to let my random go too. I hope you find your custom girl a better mate!

-hugs Zhuge- I've had that happen. Three tundra babies, the one I expressed interest in was put up for 100kt, the other two 25kt. I shook my head and opted to pass...it just felt meh after seeing that. I found something similar, gened it up, fell in love (probably cost me the same, but whatever LOL). That next day? Guess who was down to 25kt like his siblings? I don't mind paying quite a bit for a dragon...but I don't like to feel like someone is charging more simply because I asked and expressed interest. -shrugs-
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Kayro: I'll have to pass, but thanks for the offer. Last night, I was thinking about Aegis's new mate being an Imperial, and then this morning, Ashaine posted a gorgeous double obsidian male with crimson smoke! Such a crazy coincidence, and their future children look really nice when I checked in the scrying shop, even though there's a chance of a few shades of pink randomly appearing. o_O I'm gonna have to gene her up now since the only one she has at the moment is smoke, while he has tiger and stripes (ha!)

Paw: Thank you. *hugs back* I don't like that you can't trade/auction your progens. I don't like it at all. A friend of mine actually had interest in Pale, which makes being forced to exalt him all the worse for me.

To avoid double-posting...

Lair arrange feature, I hate you. I really, really hate you.
Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

pawprintedheart wrote::hug: Falcon. I've had to let my random go too. I hope you find your custom girl a better mate!

-hugs Zhuge- I've had that happen. Three tundra babies, the one I expressed interest in was put up for 100kt, the other two 25kt. I shook my head and opted to pass...it just felt meh after seeing that. I found something similar, gened it up, fell in love (probably cost me the same, but whatever LOL). That next day? Guess who was down to 25kt like his siblings? I don't mind paying quite a bit for a dragon...but I don't like to feel like someone is charging more simply because I asked and expressed interest. -shrugs-

Yeah, I mailed the owner and asked why the difference, they replied apologising saying they had used an old treasure gem ration :) I guess my mini rant was premature - they were really nice about it and now he's home with me :) x

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Glad it turned out well, Zhuge! I've been in the same situation where the outcome wasn't so good.

As for my rant...

Some days I just wish I could slap some decency and respect for the feelings of others into some people. I really REALLY do. -.-

OH well. That's why ignore lists were invented.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Oh this is just wonderful. The autumn leaves are PERFECT for Hazel. PERFECT. And OF COURSE they're the new sniped item AND THEY'RE LIMITED EDITION.

I am literally never going to get this item. *sobs in a corner*

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'll stalk the marketplace for you Snowy. I know I'm supposed to be saving for a lair expansion buuut...They stock in stacks of 39 so I'll see what I can do. Hopefully I'll get one quickly :)
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

If you do manage to Kayro I will love and hug you forever and I don't even know what else. ;_____; I have to leave for uni soon and I tend to be busy afterwards which is why I can't just sit and stalk the marketplace, I just don't have time to do things like that... And obviously I'd pay you back for it too!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

The marketplace is down for now, so I'm assuming they're getting ready to put the leaves up. *corsses fingers* let's see how good I am at this sniping thing shall I?
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

UURRGGGG I SAW THEM. I SAW THEM THEY WERE RIGHT THERE. >.< AND THEY WERE GONE IN *SECONDS* DJNFDJSKFNJKS DAMN SNIPERS!!!