Flight Rising Rant Thread

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Arthur »

I've gone and filled my lair with hatchlings again... I get these silly theme ideas and run with them. Sighs

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

not a big rant, but i noticed where i would spend all day playing the coliseum, i kill the last dude - *any level one* and it just sits in the fight and dosent do anything, the mobs dont reset, my dragons just sit there.. think it crashes lol
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I don't want to be a sore looser, but I can't believe Nature lost dominance. We were in the lead almost all week. We stayed in first the entire time the last two days. Until the last TWO MINUTES. When they pulled ahead and won. Because they had more 25s saved up. And it's just... so hard to even put any effort in nature's pushes anymore when all we do is loose, even when we worked our asses off and were almost guaranteed a win. So many people wasted so much time and money.

I wasn't that sad and pissed when we lost against Light, because they are the dom powerhouse right now and we were flipping with them on the dom board for hours, up until the end. But this? This is just plain sneaky. I just.. can't.

We had this planned since our fight against Light. We wanted dominance for Earth day. We wanted just ONE win aside from the dominance handed to us for our festival.

Going to go curl up and die somewhere.

Why does this #@&$ing dragon pet site do this shit to me.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that Lupen. :( I've never really followed any of the dominance or flight stuff on the site so I'm completely oblivious about that aspect of the community, but that sounds really frustrating after working so hard. :hug:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

super sorry Lupen... wish you had won.

ughn spend 50k to turn BeetleJuice into a mirror. (and 50k for his mate to be a guardian :( ) .. and now im not sure i like him...He isnt a spot on match for his familiar..

Image Image

maybe black or obsidian as a primary would work better .. and ivory wings...and fire eyes...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Urg, some loser is going around the FR Facebook groups and trying to get people to send CRs to a user that isn't them simply to harass them. I fell for it this morning and the user sent me a PM explaining that this keeps happening to them and someone is going out of their way simply to harass them by sending them as many dragon trade requests and adding them to as many ping lists as they can. What a really immature and bizarre way to harass someone. Luckily, they were immediately banned from the group I use when I called them out, but they'll likely still be about. :/

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Lupen202: ... Ok, now I'm really confused, because Lightning won. Not Light. Lightning isn't even that much of a Dom powerhouse. Light is. :?:

Snowy: I heard about that in the G.A.S.P. accent alert thread. They'd banned someone for adding someone else to a bunch of ping lists. Ugh. Must be the same person. I really feel for the one being bullied. Some people really are giant jerks. :(

STILL waiting for someone to accept a CR I sent a quite a few days ago. *plays some Jeopardy theme music*

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Lupen202 wrote:I don't want to be a sore looser, but I can't believe Nature lost dominance. We were in the lead almost all week. We stayed in first the entire time the last two days. Until the last TWO MINUTES. When they pulled ahead and won. Because they had more 25s saved up. And it's just... so hard to even put any effort in nature's pushes anymore when all we do is loose, even when we worked our asses off and were almost guaranteed a win. So many people wasted so much time and money.

I wasn't that sad and pissed when we lost against Light, because they are the dom powerhouse right now and we were flipping with them on the dom board for hours, up until the end. But this? This is just plain sneaky. I just.. can't.

We had this planned since our fight against Light. We wanted dominance for Earth day. We wanted just ONE win aside from the dominance handed to us for our festival.

Going to go curl up and die somewhere.

Why does this #@&$ing dragon pet site do this shit to me.
Yeah, it was a bummer. :( I even exalted a few. I adore nature, but dang.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Ashaine wrote:Lupen202: ... Ok, now I'm really confused, because Lightning won. Not Light. Lightning isn't even that much of a Dom powerhouse. Light is. :?:
I think she was referring to a Nature/Light dominance battle from before - that she wasn't upset that Light had won cos it was tight the whole way through, whereas this time Lightning waited until the last few minutes to unleash the big guns dragons after Nature had held first place all week.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Varethyn: Ah! That would make more sense. I just wasn't paying attention to the dominance battle this week and was like ''Wha..?" Was Earth, Light, and Lightning all duking it out? She said Earth Day, so I assumed she meant the one ending last night, as Earth Day is the 22nd of April? ;) But then again, Light and Lightning seem to get confused an awful lot. So there is that too. :lol: Either way, sorry for your loss Lupen! <3

Also: When the heck did they change the rule that dragon names have to be longer than two characters!?! A family member has a 'panda' dragon they named Po and went to change it to Ji, and got this message: "Names must be longer than 2 characters." O.o

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Ashaine - Yup last week's fight was between Nature and Lightning cos Nature wanted dom for said Earth Day.
Huh, I'd thought that rule had always been in. Wonder if they changed it when they realised "alphanumeric" wasn't the correct term.

---
A while back someone had asked me to breed Varenaxx, my progen (who is STILL around xD), with a female imp of similar colour as their friend was after a specific combo (goldenrod/rust/stonewash) to turn into a coatl. I'd gotten lucky as one of the first three kids had that combo so she was sent off and everyone was happy. But when I went to check on her recently to see how she was doing... she was exalted. And still a tundra. I'm not mad, just confused :|

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ashaine wrote:Varethyn: Ah! That would make more sense. I just wasn't paying attention to the dominance battle this week and was like ''Wha..?" Was Earth, Light, and Lightning all duking it out? She said Earth Day, so I assumed she meant the one ending last night, as Earth Day is the 22nd of April? ;) But then again, Light and Lightning seem to get confused an awful lot. So there is that too. :lol: Either way, sorry for your loss Lupen! <3

Also: When the heck did they change the rule that dragon names have to be longer than two characters!?! A family member has a 'panda' dragon they named Po and went to change it to Ji, and got this message: "Names must be longer than 2 characters." O.o
Been like that for awhile. I have a Ji myself but he's JiFirepaw cause it wouldn't take Ji.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

siiigh .. just one of my parrot hatchlings had made any interest.. this is why i dont like to breed that pair :roll:

ohh and WHY DOESN`T SHRED STACK ANYMORE :evil:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I didn't realize it ever did. Never has for me...sad I missed it

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I've never seen shred stack o_O

Siggy under construction!

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I don't think it's ever stacked, at least not that I remember...
Varethyn wrote:A while back someone had asked me to breed Varenaxx, my progen (who is STILL around xD), with a female imp of similar colour as their friend was after a specific combo (goldenrod/rust/stonewash) to turn into a coatl. I'd gotten lucky as one of the first three kids had that combo so she was sent off and everyone was happy. But when I went to check on her recently to see how she was doing... she was exalted. And still a tundra. I'm not mad, just confused :|
They could've gotten fed-up/bored with the project? That's how it was with my last dragon project, and I ended up exalting the parents because despite having all the genes and breed scroll (which they mighta not) I just didn't want to put up with the possible RNG doing dumb things and making me wait for the dragon to be born. /shrugs

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

I may have ranted this before, but one thing that really trips my trigger is this...

When I can tell that a person has been online, fed their dragons, posted on the FR forums, and has obviously decided to be a complete and total ****** and ignore my polite inquiry. Several weeks and still no response. WTF. You know what, if someone takes the time to send you an email at least have the common decency to respond. -.-

EDIT: Got this response today from someone I've been waiting for a reply from: "I'm sorry. In my clan, if it has a name, it's not for sale." Well, when your hatchling is 5 days old and named but without a familiar, pardon me if I don't instantly realize you plan to keep it. A lot of people name their hatchlings around that age in preparation to level and exalt. I also really don't understand people who keep all their hatchlings. I can see a few on rare occasion, but ALL? You can always breed another of the same colors, why not be kind and help someone else out? I asked if I could be pinged if their dragons ever hatch another girl with those exact colors, but I'm somehow doubting this person will care enough to do so. I'm just so frustrated and disappointed right now... :(
Last edited by Ashaine on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

I've seen like 4 Petopian dragons that are perfect in colour, genes and breed but they are always females -.- This is not a rant at the lovely people on here that breed beautiful dragons, it's a rant at the RNG gods of FR :hug:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

>Finally gets 350k
>Venerable Lair!
>Checks next bracket
>400k
>Insert Markiplier-esque Sobbing After Seeing the FNAF 6th Night Here

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

It only gets worse from there, Junrei :'D

my rant for the day;
the only bad thing about eternal youth dragons? if you decide to get rid of them, you need to buy a damn scroll of maturing ><
i just want this dragon out of my lair hhhHHHHH

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||