Flight Rising Rant Thread

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Lisaara »

Mothereffer....

and FR, stop being so dumb! I'm trying to gene dragons!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

trying to log in after reset, comes up with errors, info,details the same grr..

this is what is showing for me on firefox:

The connection has timed out

The server at flightrising.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Last edited by Divixon on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Yeah, I'm getting the same :/

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Divixon »

thank god it wasnt just me! .. tho im sad that its not just me.. zzz
im always hopping on at 5:30pm my time since it goes down at 5pm sharp. my health bar never goes below 98% .. im worried it might if i dont log in soon

i know its not much of a big deal, but i like the gem bonus/ect each reset :3
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Im getting the same too....

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I had a few hiccups but then it started working fine again, they did just post this on their tumblr though:
Hello. Our hosting company is experiencing a network outage. While the outage is active, flight rising will be down. We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope service will be restored soon.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

That single egg had better be a nocturne -_- *flips a table*

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Divixon »

*crosses fingers for you* :P
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I sold a twice-dyed cowl three or so months ago because I needed that little bit of extra money for the light sprite I was buying. I sold it for 600k.

Now I want another one and it's up to 4 million.

What the.... heck.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Yeah, the prices for the sprites and Akirbeak apparently hopped up substantially recently and caught everyone by surprise x____o

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

So, I found a nocturne today that would have been perfect for a project and it was listed just under 10kT! :D Excited, I quickly hop to the dragon's image and lo and behold, it's already been bought and before I can shoot an email off to stop what I think is going to happen...it's named something dumb and exalted by Water flight. #$@%! *sighs*

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I don't have the best opinions of waterflight. That assbutt Morris is in water flight. :|

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

wow, there are nasty people in all the flights not just water, thank you

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Why did you name my dragon ManYouUgly and then exalt her. :| Why. Also, ugh, Morris. Don't even get me started on Morris.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Who is this Morris fellow people keep talking about? o: Also I do have to say I've bumped into quite a lot of... special people... from water. Not my favourite flight.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Whos Morris?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Morris is a water flight member who buys dragons that are clearly listed by accident for like 1 treasure or 10 treasure - I think we've all either done it or nearly done it...however, unlike most people Morris refuses to send back the dragon unless you pay them the true value - they flip the dragon on the AH. This bothers me a little bit - but hey, not everyone is nice so ok - but what REALLY bothers me is their passive aggressive profile page - basically they laugh at you saying that they do this because they can and it's their main source of income - but don't be contacting them asking for the dragon back or asking for a deal etc as they have social problems and anxiety and it upsets them :| It's like they are using awful terrible mental health problems as an excuse for nasty behaviour. This makes me so angry as my brother has issues due to his autism, but he never hides behind his disability or uses it to excuse any bad behaviour.

Edit - just checked their profile and the message has been toned down some - I know it caused some drama a while back it was so aggressive and vindictive.
Last edited by Zhuge on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I know Nature has an... infamous member too. I try to not let one person ruin the entire flight for me, or make me think differently of people in said flight.

But yeah. Some people on FR suck. Not as bad as most pet site communities though thank god.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Lupen202 wrote:I know Nature has an... infamous member too. I try to not let one person ruin the entire flight for me, or make me think differently of people in said flight.

But yeah. Some people on FR suck. Not as bad as most pet site communities though thank god.
^ so this. Yep, there's some awful people in every single flight - but that's life, you find douche bags everywhere. My friend moved from nature to avoid the particular person you are on about Lupen (it MUST be the same person since they are VERY infamous) but they found some nastiness in plague, and now even in wind :( I avoid the forums, I just keep to myself now :(

Edit: my rant for the day - when someone buys one of your babies for 125kt (yes 125,000 treasure) and then exalts it :| Am I missing something here?!? Did the dominance battle get THAT intense? He's gone to the Stormcatcher :|

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Zhuge wrote:
Lupen202 wrote:I know Nature has an... infamous member too. I try to not let one person ruin the entire flight for me, or make me think differently of people in said flight.

^ so this. Yep, there's some awful people in every single flight - but that's life, you find douche bags everywhere. My friend moved from nature to avoid the particular person you are on about Lupen (it MUST be the same person since they are VERY infamous) but they found some nastiness in plague, and now even in wind :( I avoid the forums, I just keep to myself now :(

Edit: my rant for the day - when someone buys one of your babies for 125kt (yes 125,000 treasure) and then exalts it :| Am I missing something here?!? Did the dominance battle get THAT intense? He's gone to the Stormcatcher :|
Indeed! There are some nasty people in all flights. I know my flight (Plague) has a few which sit in my ignore box. As for your dragon being bought for THAT MUCH and exalted, Zhuge... Wow... No idea. That's pretty radical. I've pondering buying dragons for 50kT and under to exalt a few times to try to keep certain colors unique (then end up keeping them anyway), but over a 100kT is a bit much to just throw away just to exalt a dragon. Yikes. O.o

Also, sorry to have de-railed the thread a bit by mentioning water. I have nothing against the flight in any way, I was just annoyed last night that a decent Nocturne was exalted AND named something horrible when it was the flight's upcoming festival and they were going to be handed dominance regardless. Exalting shouldn't have been a huge fight at all. OH well. Crap happens.

As for my rant o' the day, I'm still waiting on this one person to get back to me on a dragon. It's been many weeks and they've checked their page and fed their dragons. What gives? I think I'm ready to give that up as a lost cause. It just irks me because it's a coatl and exactly the right genes and colors I'm searching for. Bugger. :(

I also missed out on another dragon I was searching for last night because the person is going to keep their hatchling. What is it with people keeping their hatchlings lately? I know they have that right, but it's happening a LOT lately and they own the parents, so why not make some money and then just breed another? I just don't understand that logic. Why is helping someone else out just not an option anymore for some people? Oh well, yesterday pretty much sucked all the way around anyway. Hopefully today will be better. *fingers crossed*

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!