Flight Rising Rant Thread

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Novikova »

Zhuge wrote:Morris is a water flight member who buys dragons that are clearly listed by accident for like 1 treasure or 10 treasure - I think we've all either done it or nearly done it...however, unlike most people Morris refuses to send back the dragon unless you pay them the true value - they flip the dragon on the AH. This bothers me a little bit - but hey, not everyone is nice so ok - but what REALLY bothers me is their passive aggressive profile page - basically they laugh at you saying that they do this because they can and it's their main source of income - but don't be contacting them asking for the dragon back or asking for a deal etc as they have social problems and anxiety and it upsets them :| It's like they are using awful terrible mental health problems as an excuse for nasty behaviour. This makes me so angry as my brother has issues due to his autism, but he never hides behind his disability or uses it to excuse any bad behaviour.

Edit - just checked their profile and the message has been toned down some - I know it caused some drama a while back it was so aggressive and vindictive.
Yeah, and a lot of messages he left on his page were pretty nasty. Don't get me wrong, I know flipping isn't unusual in MMOs or pet games or whatever, but geez. I am glad it's been toned down, but I don't think I'm ever gonna be a fan of someone who goes 'I do a thing that upsets people - make a huge graphic for it and brag about it - DEAL WITH IT NYAH DON'T BE MEAN TO ME I'M MENTALLY ILL' and thinks it's a-okay.

I know people had a problem with the guy because he snaffles up dragons so fast at almost all times of day, they suspected he used a script to do it.

But, on another note, arrgh, imps - you can eat all kinds of food but you go hungry if there's no fish!?
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well uh....is it bad for me to say Fire doesn't have anyone in particular that's infamous? We're pretty chill. I frequent the forums a lot and I'm in their Skype.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Hey all I just wanted to add my 2 cents to what I see as some ill will towards my flight:
1. Morris is not a member of the flight community, period. They don't interact or anything with the forums or anything else going on there.
2. Our flight was purposely trying to break our personal exalt record, it wasn't meant to be mean or nasty just a fun little thing to see if we could
3. Just because something was bought for more than normal exalt prices, named something obnoxious, and or exalted doesn't mean we bought it or named it. I don't know how many of you looked at the raffle we had going but it was really pretty nice.

Okay Now everyone please enjoy the holiday and the new cute bears.

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Syleye wrote:Hey all I just wanted to add my 2 cents to what I see as some ill will towards my flight:
1. Morris is not a member of the flight community, period. They don't interact or anything with the forums or anything else going on there.
2. Our flight was purposely trying to break our personal exalt record, it wasn't meant to be mean or nasty just a fun little thing to see if we could
3. Just because something was bought for more than normal exalt prices, named something obnoxious, and or exalted doesn't mean we bought it or named it. I don't know how many of you looked at the raffle we had going but it was really pretty nice.

I hold no ill will towards any flight. I was more annoyed at myself for not being able to stop an exalt before it happened and that it was named something dumb after it was purchased (it had been unnamed when I'd found it in the search/AH). The dragon was listed for exalt price, so hey, it got snagged before I could purchase it myself. It annoyed me at the time, but like I said, stuff happens. :hug:

Another small rant o' the day: My click-fu is rusty. I keep missing out on the new coatl skin each time it stocks. :lol:

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Syleye wrote:Hey all I just wanted to add my 2 cents to what I see as some ill will towards my flight:

Awww Syleye - it's not everyone in water :hug: Honestly, there's some real scum in Nature too that would probably make water look very friendly actually lol. The dragon that someone bought from me was exalted to lightning - that's what surprised me so much - it isn't like there was a real push for dominance, everyone knew water was going to win as it's their festival xD

I do have some lovely friends in water - including Petopians :hug: I just wanted to answer who Morris was and why they are infamous.

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Thank you guys, I was so excited about our festival and then the upset here had put a damper on it. You all have my promise I named everything I exalted and tried really hard not to give silly names, most had some kind of water reference though :hug:

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Syleye wrote:Thank you guys, I was so excited about our festival and then the upset here had put a damper on it. You all have my promise I named everything I exalted and tried really hard not to give silly names, most had some kind of water reference though :hug:
I just wanted to take a moment to say that I think naming the exalts for the water fest after water references is an absolutely brilliant idea! I'll have to remember that next time Plague's holiday comes up! I'll have to name all the exalts plague-themed names! :D :hug:

But yes, it certainly wasn't you that exalted the little gal I had referred to. Her name was something like Booger or Goober. I honestly don't remember, it just made me so sad. :(

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yis. I got nothing against any flight. There's just particular people that should be punted to the moon.

LisaaraPokefarm

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

When the specialty section of the market has every breed change scroll BUT the one you want in stock. Grr...

Mirror scrolls finally stocked.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Why are there no good female jungle mirrors on the auction house.

The one time I actually want one for a character I have in mind -_- Might have to use a scroll too.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Hmm. So, I decided to inquire about a particular dragon and ended up stumbling upon one of the most vile people I've ever met on FR. :shock: Reminds me a bit of what some of you have said about this Morris person (in regards to their clan profile page being very volatile and using their disability/sexual preference to excuse their jerkish behavior and attitude). I'm also fairly certain they are using multiple accounts. I'm seriously debating whether or not to report.

Also: Why is it that whenever I need a rename scroll, they are never on the MP? :lol:

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Report theeeeem

LisaaraPokefarm

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

How... how can your sexual preference be used as an excuse for vile behaviour? .__.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Ashaine wrote:Also: Why is it that whenever I need a rename scroll, they are never on the MP? :lol:
Its a conspiracy!! i have the exact same problem!

also my rant today... siiighn dont seam that i can get the custom accent i had in mind for Vial. Been posting on the accent forum but no luck yet :(

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Checked in with Swipp to see what he was swapping. Chocolate ferret trade is up, only got 2 minutes left before it changes. That's cool, I gathered all the ermines and ferrets I need, they're in the vault! Go to get them out...

I'd stopped collecting ermines at 50 not 60.

Fine I'll get them out and check the AH quick, there's still time. There's a stack of 11 on there! Handy!

50k.

By the time I decided it was worth it the trade had changed -_-
Ashaine wrote:Also: Why is it that whenever I need a rename scroll, they are never on the MP? :lol:
Hah same, took ages for them to cycle in when I wanted to rename a couple guys. Ever since I finally bought them they keep dropping in the coliseum :roll:

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I have a spare rename scroll if someone needed it. Also I stupidly gathered items in the wrong place. AUGH. I need a shell net cape, dangit.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

FINALLY, after a bunch of nests, my project dragons hatch the exact colors I'm after. The only problem is they hatched the wrong gender! ARGH!

Why couldn't you have been a male? :(

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

They really need to make a gender change scroll...

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Snowy wrote:They really need to make a gender change scroll...
But of course everyone cries foul whenever the suggestion comes up, cause breeding for projects is supposed to be a challenge.
It's only a challenge after the first few misses. After that it's just a pain in the ass and a waste of resources and time e______e

I could've had my Obs/Crim boy aaaaages ago, if the obs/crim from the pair I was originally asking from didn't hatch as a goddamn female in the first few nests, and then never had the same damn color combo ever again ugh

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

We have scrolls to change their genes and breed but a gender changing scroll is the one that's completely out of the question? Lol okay.