Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising

Unread post by Ana »

Aww thanks Ash that meas alot to me. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Kayro is a HUGE help with the text. Im super bad at RP but she is brilliant :D

on a whole other topic..

i need some fangs to mark which of my dragons are vampires.. but all ive seen on google dont work... i just want either a simple blood drop or some fangs to indicate that the dragon is a vampire.. open for ideas :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Pretty sure I need a million of everything this festival. I'm just hoping my luck from the nature festival will hold out for this one.
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

Light being my second favourite holiday after my own (Ice), I was super excited to see what would happen this year. I also had no idea what accents/skins were submitted and likely to win as I never get a chance to properly check through the submissions thread. I also had no idea what the new familiar theme for the year would be (I don't even know if it was spoken about anywhere) but I can say I am IMPRESSED. The crowns are a big YES for me, even though I'm not sure which dragons of mine it'll suit. The solar blades OH MY GOD I NEED A HUNDRED. And the soldier? EPIC. JUST EPIC!

The accents I am also really happy with, I swear the Bursting Core accent was made for my Radiance. :D The Sundial Stained Glass as well suits both of my Imp girls, need to decide now who to get it for. (I don't like two dragons wearing the same accent, weird pet peeve. xD) But...

I AM TRYING NOT TO JUMP FOR JOY. THEY MADE AN ACCENT FOR GUARDIAN FEMALES AND MALES. Sadly I don't own a Light-themed female Guardian (yet) but the Sunbeam Sentient is so freaking gorgeous, even if I don't have a dragon for it yet I'm going to get like 12. But the Ancient Radiance accent is going straight on my Sunlight the second I have it!

Now I'm always more of a fan of accents than skins as I don't tend to like my entire dragon covered up, but the skins are something to behold. I've never liked female Tundras but Brightheart makes me want to own one. Keeper of Candor oh my god I need a female Pearlcatcher in my life right now. Sundaze would look fantastic on Illuminate AKA. Jaime if he didn't already have a perfect accent... is it time for me to get another Light Imperial?!

Sorry I've gone ridiculously in-depth here but Light is like my second home and the fact that it's the beginning of the new theme for the year means I go nuts over all the new shiny stuff. That and I have never been so impressed by so many skins and accents before for any holiday. Normally there's one or two where I think, "I must get that." but nothing that makes me jump for joy. I've also had a really crappy last few days where all I've wanted to do is crawl into a corner and cry (rejected for the house we had a holding deposit on, haven't got our money back yet which we need, my mum got rushed to hospital and I'm not around to help or do anything) so this has REALLY cheered me up. I know it seems silly because it's just colourful pixels but Flight Rising has been my place to run when I need it for over a year now, I joined right before last year's Light holiday (technically sooner, I made my account during an opening and then didn't touch it until my uni work was finished) and I even based my final year university project around it.

TL;DR: Snowy gets emotional and dramatic over colourful dragons.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I've missed Brightshine twice now and to be honest I wasn't too worried about it because I didn't care for the last two year's apparel... but OMG! This year! I need about 20 of that crown and 20 of those wings. And that accent for female Guardians! Sadly, I'm not having much luck with getting the holiday currency so far, and I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow so I won't have lots of tiem to farm the coli...

<crosses figners> C'mon tablets, I need you to drop today.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I really like the items! Super cool. The skins and accents are really good too.
I still had 40 Tablets in my vault so I was able to get the Solar Blades already. they are wicked awesome.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Ok, odd question... Is there a way to tell if a Gen One dragon is someone's custom or random progen? I've got a sneaking suspicion that someone just listed a dragon they can't trade in an auction thread.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Ashaine wrote:Ok, odd question... Is there a way to tell if a Gen One dragon is someone's custom or random progen? I've got a sneaking suspicion that someone just listed a dragon they can't trade in an auction thread.
The only way I can think of is to check the dragon's birthdate and compare it to the date the owner joined. Other than that, I have no clue, I'm sorry. :(
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Nevermind. It was just a glitch apparently. All is good! :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

im not sure how many tablets i will succeed in getting but can those who cant farm tablets please write their names down in case i reach my goal on 4000 tablets by Saturday so i know who to donate stuff too and what your after? Major apparel, crown or familiar.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

I'm not sure where to put this inquiry, so I'll just slap it down here.

..... How in the world did that accent get on that guardian?!?

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ashaine wrote:I'm not sure where to put this inquiry, so I'll just slap it down here.

..... How in the world did that accent get on that guardian?!?

Gasp, that looks gorgeous! I have no idea, unless the dragon was originally an Imperial and they breed changed it...but that seems unlikely as it's a First Gen. o.o
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Maybe the same bug as you used to dress hatchlings in? it looks awesome though

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

I played around a bit and figured it out (for science)! :lol:

Step one: Buy the breed change scroll you want
Step two: Open up the skin/accent equip window on your existing dragon. Do not equip the accent yet.
Step three: Open up the breed change window in a secondary tab. Do not use it yet.
* Both your skin/accent window and your breed change windows must be open in separate tabs for this to work. The skin/accent window being opened first.
Step four: Go to your skin/accent equip window and equip your accent.
Step five: Hop back to your breed change window and use it. (Keep in mind, this WILL NOT show your accent. This is fine).
Step six: You should now have a dragon with a different breeds accent! Enjoy and use wisely as this is not intended!

I did this just to see if it was still possible. This is obviously a glitch like the apparel on hatchlings was. So be warned and use at your own risk. ;)
This probably would also work well with the imperial "curious companions" accent. Had I thought of that one originally, I would have tried it instead.

EDIT: If you try this with skins, the results are slightly horrifying. This is not my dragon btw, this is another one I heard existed on FR.

Last edited by Ashaine on Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

SO apparently someone was duplicating Imp scrolls and other KS items earlier (along with multiaccounting), be mindful that the staff may do a 24-hour rollback at some point in the future

Last edited by Nick on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

wow really? there are going to be some really ticked off people if they purchased things from them

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Yup. Someone bought a baby imp.. found out it was Gen 1 :O It's prob from the duping person trying to get rid of their non legit stuff. Who knows how many more are out there.

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Where did you guys read this? Thats really bad.... And poor those ppl who bought a dragon and did not know....

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Tårnfalk wrote:Where did you guys read this? Thats really bad.... And poor those ppl who bought a dragon and did not know....
It's all over the tumblr tag right now, and Rhea and Acorncap have been keeping good track of what's been going on

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

The thread the person who bought the imp has long since been deleted from the Forums. It was only up for a good 10-20 minutes. Not sure if they took it down or an admin.
Here's the Imp in question. The poor user is really shooken up right now.

Siggy under construction!

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Holy heck! I had to pop over to tumblr just to see what was going on! I had no idea. That is insane! :shock: I hope those responsible get caught. People paid real money to get those KS items originally. It's unfair to have duped versions of them wandering around. I also feel bad for those people who may have purchased those duped items. I hope they get refunds as I'm sure they won't be allowed to keep them. What a screwed up mess.